First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
My BIL had a beautiful Chevy Blazer, its the model with the removal roof, one cool vehicle. he bought to Mud in. Dropped in a 454 crate 500hp motor, B&M special trans for $2k and when the dust settled he dropped over $80k in the rig and this was in 1982 dollars. This also led to his divorce from my sister.

The truck was unbeatable and unstoppable. But the maintenance on it from Mudding every weekend. Sister is doing some serious housekeeping one weekend he is gone Mudding and discovers 2 shoeboxes on the upper shelf of his closet and in the boxes are his receipts for all the work on his truck. He is rebuilding the trans and axles almost once a month, going thru u joints like a kid eating jellybeans, same for brake rotors and pads, engine had been rebuilt once for something like $7k all total he had dropped over $150k on the rig not counting what he paid for it. Well Sis exploded she did not even know about the money. So he tries to make it up to her by taking her on a ski vacation at some upscale resort in Colorado. The arrive in the middle of the day and there is a 4x4 trail they you can drive up the mountain and he sees the sign, they have not even checked in and he wants to take her on the 4x4 trail. He goes 4x4, low range and takes off and is less than 50 yards into the trail and he sees FLAMES. Not sure what cause it but Sis said showing off he hit a big log trying to go over it and hit it hard!. He jumps out and opens the hood and BALOOM huge fireball! He scream at Sis to get out...Chevy Blazer goes down in a blaze and burnt to the ground with everything they had brought still in it. They hand nothing but the clothes they had on.

Sis flies back home to Dallas the next day, sees a lawyer the next day.

Word to the wise, Mud destroys your vehicle which why your dealer did what they did and told Jeep about it which killed you warranty 100%
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Those old Blazers were pretty cool vehicles, really. You could build them to the hilt, too.

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392
My BIL had a beautiful Chevy Blazer, its the model with the removal roof, one cool vehicle. he bought to Mud in. Dropped in a 454 crate 500hp motor, B&M special trans for $2k and when the dust settled he dropped over $80k in the rig and this was in 1982 dollars. This also led to his divorce from my sister.

The truck was unbeatable and unstoppable. But the maintenance on it from Mudding every weekend. Sister is doing some serious housekeeping one weekend he is gone Mudding and discovers 2 shoeboxes on the upper shelf of his closet and in the boxes are his receipts for all the work on his truck. He is rebuilding the trans and axles almost once a month, going thru u joints like a kid eating jellybeans, same for brake rotors and pads, engine had been rebuilt once for something like $7k all total he had dropped over $150k on the rig not counting what he paid for it. Well Sis exploded she did not even know about the money. So he tries to make it up to her by taking her on a ski vacation at some upscale resort in Colorado. The arrive in the middle of the day and there is a 4x4 trail they you can drive up the mountain and he sees the sign, they have not even checked in and he wants to take her on the 4x4 trail. He goes 4x4, low range and takes off and is less than 50 yards into the trail and he sees FLAMES. Not sure what cause it but Sis said showing off he hit a big log trying to go over it and hit it hard!. He jumps out and opens the hood and BALOOM huge fireball! He scream at Sis to get out...Chevy Blazer goes down in a blaze and burnt to the ground with everything they had brought still in it. They hand nothing but the clothes they had on.

Sis flies back home to Dallas the next day, sees a lawyer the next day.

Word to the wise, Mud destroys your vehicle which why your dealer did what they did and told Jeep about it which killed you warranty 100%
Was he paying to have all that work done?
Seems like she'd have noticed him doing constant major surgery on that truck, or it being in the shop a lot.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like she'd have noticed him doing constant major surgery on that truck, or it being in the shop a lot.
I'm not so sure my wife even noticed the skid plate or the steel bumper. She did ask what that thing sticking out of the bumper was for - I said "oh, that's for the winch" and she just said "oh". I know she doesn't know it's got different springs under it - last time she had trouble getting into the truck she just made a comment about getting older and her knees... so I left that one alone.
She knows I'm always working on one of my cars or doing something for someone else's car or some parts for someone or something so she expects me to be out in the shop or garage and if I don't get right out there it's like "don't you have some work for someone to catch up on"?

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
He did some work at the house and he was part owner of a garage where most of the big work was done.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Moderators: please stick a fork in this thread. It's pretty well-done.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
You could always “unwatch” it if you’re no longer interested.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
Are you the Thread Done Police or is someone FORCING you to stay in the thread...tell me who they are and I will get the off your back, NO ONE should be forced to remain in and read a thread they no longer wish to participate in.

Or are you just jumping on the trend of Censorship?

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Are you the Thread Done Police or is someone FORCING you to stay in the thread...tell me who they are and I will get the off your back, NO ONE should be forced to remain in and read a thread they no longer wish to participate in.

Or are you just jumping on the trend of Censorship?
Easy there, young fella....slow your roll with suggesting that I'm into "censorship" of anyone. You dont know me from the man on the moon....try to see the irony of your censorship comment. Gee whiz.

Only suggesting that it seems were all pointing out the same stuff, over and over. I come into the forum threads to learn things, consider experience of others....this thread has over 300 posts: OP's situation, then a bunch of people saying "too bad" and another side suggesting she go hard against FCA. Seems that there are only two dogs in the fight...that's it. No clear winner, no clear outcome...just anecdotes, (half of which are probably straight BS). Thats the only point I was trying to make. It's like watching a tennis match. Back and forth....back and forth. No offense to tennis players.

Another suggestion: maybe try Zoloft if you're not already on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Some people enjoy a tennis match (big money in that so apparently millions like to watch a little ball be smacked back and forth) - at least there's action and danger in tennis, compared to - yawn - golf (cow pasture pool) where people ride around in carts and stand for 2 minutes before doing anything (and need someone else to hand them clubs)
Some tennis players actually yell and scream and throw things! Tennis can be exciting! LOL

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Easy there, young fella....slow your roll with suggesting that I'm into "censorship" of anyone. You dont know me from the man on the moon....try to see the irony of your censorship comment. Gee whiz.

Only suggesting that it seems were all pointing out the same stuff, over and over. I come into the forum threads to learn things, consider experience of others....this thread has over 300 posts: OP's situation, then a bunch of people saying "too bad" and another side suggesting she go hard against FCA. Seems that there are only two dogs in the fight...that's it. No clear winner, no clear outcome...just anecdotes, (half of which are probably straight BS). Thats the only point I was trying to make. It's like watching a tennis match. Back and forth....back and forth. No offense to tennis players.

Another suggestion: maybe try Zoloft if you're not already on it.
maybe he is concerned with "site resources"

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
maybe he is concerned with "site resources"
Totally endless if hosted on AWS. and if they back up with dedupe, backups will be small. Images could stored in SQL as BLOBs.
Oh, you were not being dead serious, sorry LOL

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I wasnt trying to be a dick or a smart ass...and certainly not trying to stifle forum member(s) right to say whatever they want.

Perhaps my mistake was thinking everyone else saw the same thing I did: the tug-of-war, tennis match antics.

I'd like to apologize here and now to my colleagues on the other side of the aisle for that assumption...no offense intended. This is one of my favorite places to be on the innerweb... I dont want any grievances or other negatives following me around in here.
Sponsored