Sponsored

We didn't rotate your tires like you asked because...

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
I mark 2 tires with chalk, one in front and opposite tire in back. So far so good! I would not leave until it was finished
Sponsored

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
God forbid asking for a 5 tire rotation :lipssealed:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously? I know I know ridiculous to get annoyed about it but I took that Gladiator in for it's Tread Lightly oil change yesterday. They come get me in the waiting area after the oil change is done and hand me keys and paperwork. As I'm walking out the door they tell me we didn't rotate your tires like you asked because our tech says "they are wearing evenly already" WTF! Seriously? Rant over
Awfully hard to tell by looking. There can be subtle wear patterns not easy to see.
Plus - they GET PAID to do it.
I'm afraid I'd have handed the keys right back and say "you didn't do the service I asked for and you get paid for."

I do a 5 tire rotation - last time I was in the service writer guy came out to me while I was having my free coffee and donuts and said "sorry, it's going to be just a few more minutes - they didn't do all 5 and I told them to get it back in and do a 5 tire rotation for you".
He caught it - I didn't have to say a word.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Seriously? I know I know ridiculous to get annoyed about it but I took that Gladiator in for it's Tread Lightly oil change yesterday. They come get me in the waiting area after the oil change is done and hand me keys and paperwork. As I'm walking out the door they tell me we didn't rotate your tires like you asked because our tech says "they are wearing evenly already" WTF! Seriously? Rant over
This is another reason to dislike the dealership approach.

When a customer comes in and says, "Please rotate my tires." They have two options:
a) Rotate them under the wave or dealership free warranty, or
b) Rotate them and say they are not covered under warranty and charge you.

What they do not have the option to do is just say, "We didn't do it cause we don't think they need it."

This is Crap!

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I like my dealership!

However, I change my own oil and do a 5 tire rotation myself. It takes 10 minutes to change the oil and 30 minutes to do a 5 tire rotation. That way I do not have to worry if it was done correctly.

Sponsored

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I just got my Gladiator back from the dealer and on the list was "multi point inspection". Apparently that didn't mean to look at fluid levels and filters. My power steering fluid was below "low" and my cabin filter needed changed. After pointing it out, the service writer was pretty pissed at the tech, had a 2nd tech go back through the jeep and check everything. Left with an oil change, full power steering fluid and a cabin filter.
Left with an oil change, full power steering fluid and a cabin filter..........and a new technician opening at the dealer.

Roklok

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
My dealer asks me if I want them rotated every time the oil is changed!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership would never do this. If I ask them to rotate my tires they do it everytime

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I always remove a valve stem cap on a tire and make a mental note / pic with my cell phone of which one it is so I can verify the tires have been rotated. I've had 1 experience where I took the right rear valve stem cover off and noticed it was still in the same spot when they returned the vehicle. I showed them the pic of which tire it was and made them take it back and do it. Now, could they have changed the cap and screwed me, maybe, but at least I let them know I'm not some schmuck and let them get away with not doing what I paid for.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
My oil change time is now over with the dealer, I'm nervous about them doing the oil changes anyways, Greenways guys can barely do anything on the weekends except change oil, had some software upgrades, too long and nobody wanted to do it, SMH

never had good luck with the dealers in Virginia, last time I had the JKU in for a warranty service, I told the service manager, please don't break anything like the guy did last time, I don't want to fix what you guys break!

Not a dealer fan!!

Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I would like it if they would just give me the oil and filters and I'll do the oil changes. I like to do my own tire rotations so I can inspect everything. Plus that's when I clean the inside of the rims and check for thrown weights. The bond between man and machine is a beautiful thing.

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
my local dealer won't rotate the tires on my Gladi because they aren't the stock size. I have a sport s and put 285/70/17s on aftermarket wheels. Its not like I have 40's or anything crazy

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
my local dealer won't rotate the tires on my Gladi because they aren't the stock size. I have a sport s and put 285/70/17s on aftermarket wheels. Its not like I have 40's or anything crazy
That sucks, my dealership will rotate any size tire you got on the vehicle. They just rotated my 37's about 6 weeks ago. They did my buddies 39's in January. Not sure why they wouldn't rotate them, that's a stock size on a Rubicon

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell when they do mine........... the spare is always dirtier or dustier than the others. I look for the dusty wheel on the right rear.
Before I did 5 tire rotations, I'd have a tiny chalk mark on the back of a wheel. They've always got it right. (except the one time the service writer caught it and had them do it right before I even saw the truck)

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
That sucks, my dealership will rotate any size tire you got on the vehicle. They just rotated my 37's about 6 weeks ago. They did my buddies 39's in January. Not sure why they wouldn't rotate them, that's a stock size on a Rubicon
That was my argument. They would t even mount and balance them on the rims when i got them. Luckily my free oil changes are used up and i dont have to deal with them anymore
Sponsored