First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xj and Gladiator sports Max tow on order
Occupation
Retired
Because I read this forum I feel like I am driving a time bomb!
I only have 2000 miles on sport S Max tow and love it, but it's like I am dating a hot chick and just waiting for her to leave. Probably a bad analogy.
Here is the point is there a data base, spread sheet and or survey about milage and no problems and problems. I bet this forum has scared off some people because bad news gets all the press. Just imagine a spread sheet with miles every 5 or 10k stating no problems or what problem you have had. Man I am really hoping this fire cracker red hot chick is a keeper.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Ohhh I'll start! 4581 miles lost the fuel pump on my Ecodiesel. 45 days in the shop. RR axle seal leak at around 7k no other issues yet except cracked windshield. Fingers crossed my hot gray haired big butt babe doesn't leave me high and dry. Love her to death.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Well, to be fair, looking on the forum for issues is like walking into a hospital looking for sick people. Of course you'll see it all here. But this is just a very small fraction of all the Gladiator owners out there, so the issues you see are not as widespread as the forum might make it seem. Even if it happens just once to just one person, it'll look bigger than it really is. People are always quicker to complain, they post up non-issues far less frequently (obviously).

What you're going to get here is all anecdotal bull crap, no real data points.

You are not "driving a time bomb".

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Forums are a small minority of owners. Got to any vehicle forum and its filled with problems. Go outside and drive and stop giving yourself anxiety lol

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Every forum is like that. People donā€™t post to say I drove to work today and had no issues.
Wait wait.....I drove to work today with no issues. šŸ˜‚

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, to be fair, looking on the forum for issues is like walking into a hospital looking for sick people. Of course you'll see it all here. But this is just a very small fraction of all the Gladiator owners out there, so the issues you see are not as widespread as the forum might make it seem. Even if it happens just once to just one person, it'll look bigger than it really is. People are always quicker to complain, they post up non-issues far less frequently (obviously).

I agree everyone who has a problem wants to complain as loud as possible wanting to get attention to see if FCA takes notice or just get consolidation with others with a problem. I have a 2020 rubi that has been trouble free except for the rear window leak that has been replaced and now have 31000 miles and love this truck

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation

So I can imagine of course no real data. That it's not just the forum owners that have the bottoming out issue with the diesel? We are the people who actually notice the issues and report them. I'm guessing that there are thousands more with the same issue that we don't hear about. Same with the RR axle seal leak and fuel pump issues. Also misfires on the 3.6L. I agree that we are a small number of owners. Also that we are probably more picky,and spend more time listening to our vehicles and notice something out of the ordinary. Again no real data.

OP
OP

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
According to car figures.com 207,291 Gladiators were sold for 2019-2021.
How many members on this form?

Sponsored

OP
OP

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So I can imagine of course no real data. That it's not just the forum owners that have the bottoming out issue with the diesel? We are the people who actually notice the issues and report them. I'm guessing that there are thousands more with the same issue that we don't hear about. Same with the RR axle seal leak and fuel pump issues. Also misfires on the 3.6L. I agree that we are a small number of owners. Also that we are probably more picky,and spend more time listening to our vehicles and notice something out of the ordinary. Again no real data.
I agree with your point that forum members are probably more detail oriented and that's why they are here.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
35,850 give or take a few. I'm sure a good portion of those have never posted. Might not even own one or as we all know and see the fake spammer accounts that seem to show up almost nightly.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Your girl will be alright, donā€™t worry haha. Iā€™m at 18k miles on on my Sport S (Max Tow as well) with only 2 issues so far, both discovered at like 2k miles on the odometer.

1) Clicking noise when turning steering wheel with forward/reverse motion

2) A thump when I hit the accelerator at low speeds which seems like a draft shaft u-joint issue maybeā€¦idk, I havenā€™t heard it in a few thousand miles.

Neither of these issues have effected the driving performance. When it breaks, Iā€™ll get it fixed. In the meantime, windows down, music upā€¦not worried about it. Enjoy your Jeep!

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
The only issue I have had with my Gladiator (took delivery July, 2019) was a leak around the rear window of the hard top. They graciously resealed the window under warranty but, because they couldn't get all the water out, they are replacing the roof.

Other than that, not a single mechanical issue.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Iā€™ve had my JT for 18 months and will hit 40k miles this week. This is day to day family driving and wheeling.

no problems besides one I caused myself
Sponsored