Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Curious to see what Magnuson has to say? How many miles with your supercharger?
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Quick heads up - and I’ll post on my thread too - my Gladiator just threw a CEL a few days ago, and it turns out the cats are burned, the culprit has been determined to be my Magnuson supercharger. Not sure if you changed cats or deleted yours altogether, but something to be aware of. Other than that, the s/c was a great add.
The acceleration enrichment and timing in the stock magnuson tune can use a bit of work. I have adjusted it quite a bit, using a dyno. The difference is pretty dramatic.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Quick heads up - and I’ll post on my thread too - my Gladiator just threw a CEL a few days ago, and it turns out the cats are burned, the culprit has been determined to be my Magnuson supercharger. Not sure if you changed cats or deleted yours altogether, but something to be aware of. Other than that, the s/c was a great add.
Sorry to hear it. That's a major bummer. Maybe I should look for your thread, but I was wondering if you could keep this thread updated as to how things go?

According to Repair Pal: "The catalytic converter is covered by the vehicle's emissions warranty, which extends beyond the manufacturer's factory warranty. Along with other emission control devices, federal law requires manufacturers to replace a defective converter for up to 15 years or 150,000 miles. Because this coverage varies by state and vehicle type, refer to your owner’s manual for your warranty information."

Is your factory warranty voided by the addition of a supercharger? Repair Pal quoted over $2,000 for this job, but you can probably beat that price by buying the parts on your own and taking it to a local shop (not the dealer), or - of course - by doing the work yourself.

If your factory warranty is void in this case, will the repair fall under the 3-year warranty that Magnuson offers? If so, did they step up and take care of you?

Thanks for any updates you can provide!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.