Not open for further replies.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
question for you, ours has a suction sound that is new, i assume its normal sound? never heard a SC in person.. Doesnt do anything weird, just a tick.. is it normal? I asking you because you have the same.
At idle sometimes you çan hear the bearings. As for a suction sound, not sure. I know the latest tune from petty does not utilize much low end boost initially but as it learns you will get a low speed whistle
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
At idle sometimes you çan hear the bearings. As for a suction sound, not sure. I know the latest tune from petty does not utilize much low end boost initially but as it learns you will get a low speed whistle
thank you that is what is must be... it seems to have alot of boost from 20 - 50ish, then more from 65-75... steady from 75+ .... I am really suprised on how it once again has passing power even with 39's

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Oil is supposedly good for 100K. It has bearings but I have three magnusons and never had to change them.
Thanks! Only asked because I had a B&M blower....”way back”. If I remember correctly, I had to change the oil in it every 3k - 5k and have the whole thing overhauled every 10k - 15k. Big pain in the ass!

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Following. Definitely looking at possibly going this route. Or may just start over once they release the 392 in the Gladiator. Hopefully it won't be long, very cool in a Wrangler....absolutely needed in a Gladiator.

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
i know litebright put a turbo in theirs and it lasted only a few months.. But then again, maybe they blew it on purpose because they were on their way to have the HEMI installed... We went with our brand because we couldnt find anything negitave with it and from the toyota side, everyone said they are really happy with it.... so.... only time will tell, but so far so good.
Light Brite's engine blew up because Kevin kept dicking with the tune/settings.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as blowing engines up, I have seen some misunderstanding of how some tables work. Even with the better tuners I have seen tables zeroed out and torque models fudged quite a bit. Initial tip in needs the the enrichmenttables modifies to quell all detonationtion. If this is not done and you get a throttle airflow model oscillation, it can detenate quite a bit in a ver short time and spike cylinder pressures. Petty has a handle on things,but there is room for improvement. I reachednout to them but have not heard much. That being said, everything they have offered, I believe is absolutely safe for the engine, driveability is subjective.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
Vivid Racing installed a Magnuson supercharger in my JT about 6 months ago. Runs good and strong but does twitch some, especially off the line. I asked Vivid about whether Magnuson has an updated tune and the answer is "yes." Vivid will be installing the newest Magnuson tune for my JT shortly. I like the JT as is but hope the new tweaked tune is a little less twitchy.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Vivid Racing installed a Magnuson supercharger in my JT about 6 months ago. Runs good and strong but does twitch some, especially off the line. I asked Vivid about whether Magnuson has an updated tune and the answer is "yes." Vivid will be installing the newest Magnuson tune for my JT shortly. I like the JT as is but hope the new tweaked tune is a little less twitchy.
i think we have the newest tune it’s it’s been good , we are finishing up a trip from Az to Moab and back no problems at all in fact it’s been a joy to drive.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
i think we have the newest tune it’s it’s been good , we are finishing up a trip from Az to Moab and back no problems at all in fact it’s been a joy to drive.
Just got done with my regearing to 5.13s. This is next on my list. Hopefully by Springtime

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got done with my regearing to 5.13s. This is next on my list. Hopefully by Springtime
sweet , def comment back when you buy one.. its amazing, we just got done with a 800mile road trip, its so nice being able to pass people on the HWY or added power to climb something...

We are loving it, we just posted a video of us wheeling, you can hear the supercharger.... we love it.

Sponsored

desertrecon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JTR Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
If you have any questions let me know. I have had mine installed for 10k miles now. It is doing fantastic. I have been working on the tune and have gotten to a place it runs very much like factory. I have helped a few others and it has become very obvious there are differences in the JTs that does not allow one software file for everyone to work the same, but they can be worked out with some data. Nice ride!
Jeep Gladiator We Intalled Magnuson Supercharger and couldnt be happier 0P5A9517
Awesome setup, what gears are you running? and what tire size?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Running stock 4.10 gears. Thought about 4.88, but with the SC dialed in, I am mot in much of a hurry. 35" tires

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently have 5.13s with 37s. When I install one it may be overgeared for a bit but I plan on going larger with my tires, to either a 38 or 39" tire. Would like to do 60s with 40s at some point.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Quick heads up - and I’ll post on my thread too - my Gladiator just threw a CEL a few days ago, and it turns out the cats are burned, the culprit has been determined to be my Magnuson supercharger. Not sure if you changed cats or deleted yours altogether, but something to be aware of. Other than that, the s/c was a great add.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.