Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Horrible video, shows nothing of technical value... just an fyi... no technical data, no installation.
Not sure that makes it a "horrible video" - just not what you were looking for. I'm like you - I'd like to see more technical info - but watching the two of them have fun in their "new" Jeep was kind of sweet.
Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Not sure that makes it a "horrible video" - just not what you were looking for. I'm like you - I'd like to see more technical info - but watching the two of them have fun in their "new" Jeep was kind of sweet.
Yes, the video had its' merits - just none of them technical 😉

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Actually it was cool to see it on the road being driven. I am always curious to see how other installs operate out of the garage and in the real world with the end user at the wheel. I tune my jeep for me and it is a biased perspective as I am aware of most of the sysyems at play and probably subconsciously avoid operation that could cause issues. I am not sure what tune they were running but the jeep seemed to handle and accelerate well, without the light switch effect.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
It doesn't say on the website but what octane fuel do you need to run?
87, 91, 93? Is there a tune for each? Or do you specify which octane you want to run when you send back your ECU for programming?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnuson says 91 must be run and gives you stickers to put at the fuel door and in the door jamb. In the tuning there is nothing particular pointing to fuel octane. The timing is dialed back for the compressed air and the timing map is actually pretty reasonable. I think they are just using common sense and having people use high octane as the compression is high and the factoryequipment cannot take a bunch of power detenation. I think if you had to put 87 in a pinch and did not beat it you would be fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about adding either a turbo or supercharger to mine 🤔 small boost turbo kit just for that extra umph. Now definitely leaning towards supercharger.
i know litebright put a turbo in theirs and it lasted only a few months.. But then again, maybe they blew it on purpose because they were on their way to have the HEMI installed... We went with our brand because we couldnt find anything negitave with it and from the toyota side, everyone said they are really happy with it.... so.... only time will tell, but so far so good.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Horrible video, shows nothing of technical value... just an fyi... no technical data, no installation.
Sorry you didnt like it.. There is plenty of videos out there like vivid racing, they have Dyno and all kinds of install videos etc.. We were not around for the install, so there really wasn't anything interesting to film.

sometimes less is more, its night / day difference with it, and I can finally say we are happy with our JT, if you have been following us, you would know we have had every JT problem out there and it was us that got the Steering TSB pushed out.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Magnuson says 91 must be run and gives you stickers to put at the fuel door and in the door jamb. In the tuning there is nothing particular pointing to fuel octane. The timing is dialed back for the compressed air and the timing map is actually pretty reasonable. I think they are just using common sense and having people use high octane as the compression is high and the factory equipment cannot take a bunch of power detention. I think if you had to put 87 in a pinch and did not beat it you would be fine.
I have always wondered this, we have always put 91+ in it... Prob just wasting money tho.

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
If you have any questions let me know. I have had mine installed for 10k miles now. It is doing fantastic. I have been working on the tune and have gotten to a place it runs very much like factory. I have helped a few others and it has become very obvious there are differences in the JTs that does not allow one software file for everyone to work the same, but they can be worked out with some data. Nice ride!
0918201853a_HDR~2.jpg
Is yours 6 speed or auto? How are you adjusting the tune?

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
Since we have multiple users of the Magnuson blower here, did you consider any of the other options, like the procharger, hamburger, or even prodigy turbo? Kit price seems similar, so I just wonder what factors drove the decision.
I was waiting for Edelbrock but found a Magnuson dealer/installer in Calgary AB a 1/2 day drive with many installations in various applications that swayed me. The compressor design is well supported throughout the auto perf industry by OEMs and hotrodders alike. A turbo was not an interest to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is yours 6 speed or auto? How are you adjusting the tune?
auto. We have a iDrive had to disable it , way too touchy. Besides thatboth of us are really happy with it. We head to Moab next week we will make another video on how it is on the road. Noting tech just more of a FYI also for the trail

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
auto. We have a iDrive had to disable it , way too touchy. Besides thatboth of us are really happy with it. We head to Moab next week we will make another video on how it is on the road. Noting tech just more of a FYI also for the trail
Just a suggestion, I would get a Tazer, or HP tuners. Your truck is going to go through a learning phaze with the new tune. It is very possible to get into a light throttle heavy load situation that will put you on the edge of boost. This will create an airflow oscillation that has the possibility of triggering the ESS light or possibly a false misfire cell. It does not hurt anything. There is a torque bobble function in the software, so the more you hit it, the higher it will elevate the gain to reduce this oscillation and eventually it will learn not to do it, but until then it is nice to have the means to be able to read codes and turn off the cel light on the go.

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
If you have any questions let me know. I have had mine installed for 10k miles now. It is doing fantastic. I have been working on the tune and have gotten to a place it runs very much like factory. I have helped a few others and it has become very obvious there are differences in the JTs that does not allow one software file for everyone to work the same, but they can be worked out with some data. Nice ride!
0918201853a_HDR~2.jpg
You had me until i saw yr 20” rims...

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You had me until i saw yr 20” rims...
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block, and replace the piston rings you fried.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a suggestion, I would get a Tazer, or HP tuners. Your truck is going to go through a learning phaze with the new tune. It is very possible to get into a light throttle heavy load situation that will put you on the edge of boost. This will create an airflow oscillation that has the possibility of triggering the ESS light or possibly a false misfire cell. It does not hurt anything. There is a torque bobble function in the software, so the more you hit it, the higher it will elevate the gain to reduce this oscillation and eventually it will learn not to do it, but until then it is nice to have the means to be able to read codes and turn off the cel light on the go.
Thanks for this. We have the tazer mini and we did do a reset. We have drive it about 500 miles so far , not sure how long it takes to re learn but it seems ok with our I drive off as well as on, just a little touchy
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.