Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I hope they have good insurance and that there is minimal underlying damage.
Glad no-one was seriously hurt. Was there a cell phone involved?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Make sure to diminished value on this! You can probably get 5k-10k or more because the JT is new and if you sold it right now... how much less would you really get for it being wrecked?

OP
OP
Dav6662

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
At first glance it is impressive how the Jeep faired compared to the Sentra. Sorry it happened to you and I am glad no one was hurt (I assume). Best of luck sorting it all out.
Thanks...and yes the Jeep faired well and no one hurt....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dav6662

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure to diminished value on this! You can probably get 5k-10k or more because the JT is new and if you sold it right now... how much less would you really get for it being wrecked?
Explain this further, please.....

OP
OP
Dav6662

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they have good insurance and that there is minimal underlying damage.
Glad no-one was seriously hurt. Was there a cell phone involved?
I really have no idea about cell phone, but I am guessing that he did not see me as I am not sure he even slowed down

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
What is meant by diminished value is that your JT is now worth much less as the accident damage will show on a carfax. My son-in-law had a Focus ST when they were first released and he was hit by someone who failed to stop at a red light. He claimed diminished value with their insurance company and received a few thousand dollars over the price of the repairs to compensate for the difference in the car being accident free.

OP
OP
Dav6662

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is meant by diminished value is that your JT is now worth much less as the accident damage will show on a carfax. My son-in-law had a Focus ST when they were first released and he was hit by someone who failed to stop at a red light. He claimed diminished value with their insurance company and received a few thousand dollars over the price of the repairs to compensate for the difference in the car being accident free.
Gotcha...so what I have been reading is that there has to be a clear at fault driver. The road was a private road on the perimeter of a mall parking lot.....please no jokes about mall crawling, it's dangerous out there....anyway, the police did show up but did not file report or place responsibility. What is done in that situation?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great advertising for the Rubicon bed rails. Glad your ok, I'll second best of luck with the insurance company battle coming. The "diminished value" is now your truck is worth less money even after it's repairs are done. AKA Car Fax, ECT it's now a "wrecked vehicle" and you lost value on a trade in or sale no matter how little damage is done to vehicle. I've seen fairly new vehicles de-valued to almost scrap metal prices or what ever the vehicle can be parted out for after a crash then some that should be totaled be repaired and still on road that end up with major problems that are now a lemon's.

Dav6662
My XJ got ran into 2 times in a empty parking lot. Why I'm a firm believer in HD bumpers and rock rails.
Sponsored