Sponsored

What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget)

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Save your money on the CAI unless you're ready to go all the way. The CAI alone will net you nothing but lost money. Getting a tuner, CAI, and aftermarket exhaust will gain you some ponies and better fuel mileage IF you keep off the skinny pedal.

All in the above items are $3,000 +/-

Which tune are people using and assuming it's a piggyback and not ECU tune? (Warranty worries)

Exhaust would be on the list as well and I can bend the budget slightly for a better sound.
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Depends on what you didn’t get off the lot or from a factory order.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Which tune are people using and assuming it's a piggyback and not ECU tune? (Warranty worries)

Exhaust would be on the list as well and I can bend the budget slightly for a better sound.
Talk to KurtP when he gets back, I believe he was just deployed not long ago.

They are ECU tunes, there are ways around the warranty issue.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Must have's:
Rockblokz, especially on the mojave. best mod Ive done.
phone mount - I prefer magnetic - I went with bulletproof.
I got a backseat cover for the kids/dogs as well.
Although I havent done this yet, some sort stand for the doors when off. It sucks having to lean them on something and it becomes a hassle trying to think where to put them and before you know it you never take them off.
lastly a sunshade, sometimes you want the top down but dont want the sun baking you for hours either.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Must have mods on a loaded Mojave, the truck is very capable of what you described doing to start with ,run it awhile and see what you need, MY MUST HAVES on my nicely equipped Mojave where:
1.) RokBlokz mudflaps cause I have a 800 foot stone driveway up a hill, tires pick the stones up, I actually ordered before getting Mojave and put on right away, rear fenders have clear protection on front from factory.
2.) Rear lower control arm skid plates from Rusty’s, they are so low, even a casual guy like me saw the need.
3.) I’m Papa Jack, six year old grand kids and five foot wife required Rough Country Contour steps, kids love them and were thrilled I put them on.
4.) RSI bed cap, I surfish a lot and kayak a lot, needed to carry up to 12’ kayaks and 12’ one piece surf rods. Need dry and secure storage plus I have slept in it for turkey season already.
5.) No lift or big tires for me, I tow things and 4.10 gears and factory tires are giving me good handling, power and ride.
Do yourself a favor when driving the Mojave home, look for every speed bump and railroad crossing and hit them fast and hard, the suspension is insane, my grand kids ride in the back arms in the air screaming faster faster…you will see!
Welcome to the Jeep world!…..Jack
Jeep Gladiator What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget) 33B499BC-530B-4F7E-8AA7-2D97E394C4EB
Jeep Gladiator What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget) C087AA8C-584E-4EE2-9AAF-43166D8AE898

Last edited:

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Are you saying I'll need wheels with negative offset with the AEV 2" on the Mojave?

Bulletpoint mount is on the list, heard great things as well.

Yes on the aux switches, truck is pretty much fully loaded minus adaptive cruise.
The negative offset wheels give you more clearance for wider/taller tires and look cooler. People do fit 35s on Mojave's all the time though on the stock wheels with no issues

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
Must have mods on a loaded Mojave, the truck is very capable of what you described doing to start with ,run it awhile and see what you need, MY MUST HAVES on my nicely equipped Mojave where:
1.) RokBlokz mudflaps cause I have a 800 foot stone driveway up a hill, tires pick the stones up, I actually ordered before getting Mojave and put on right away, rear fenders have clear protection on front from factory.
2.) Rear lower control arm skid plates from Rusty’s, they are so low, even a casual guy like me saw the need.
3.) I’m Papa Jack, six year old grand kids and five foot wife required Rough Country Contour steps, kids love them and were thrilled I put them on.
4.) RSI bed cap, I surfish a lot and kayak a lot, needed to carry up to 12’ kayaks and 12’ one piece surf rods. Need dry and secure storage plus I have slept in it for turkey season already.
5.) No lift or big tires for me, I tow things and 4.10 gears and factory tires are giving me good handling, power and ride.
Do yourself a favor when driving the Mojave home, look for every speed bump and railroad crossing and hit them fast and hard, the suspension is insane, my grand kids ride in the vack arms in the air screaming faster faster…you will see!
Welcome to the Jeep world!…..Jack
Jeep Gladiator What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget) 1626899744325
Jeep Gladiator What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget) 1626899744325
Great looking JT! But how do you sleep in a 5 foot bed?

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
A really good warranty and a dealership you trust. But I digress
Quadratec super tweeter speakers shorter antenna
Treatment for the hard top seals
Weathertech floor Mats
Honestly it's hard to stop getting " essentials" for a jeep lol

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
For starters, make sure to snag the ‘proper’ Jeep from the getgo: a Gladiator Rubi, with the awesome torque monster ecodiesel.

Once she arrives:

1-Install AEV 2.5 inch lift kit
2-Buy 5 of the Black Rhino Avenger desert sand 17x8.5 bead locker wheels (including the spare), and mount BFG 37x13.50R17 on each
3-Change out lamo factory 3.73 gearing with beautiful 4.56
4-Install Pedal Monster

This is a good starter list for the ‘must have immediately’ mods. The various other cool stuff down the road (e.g., 12,000 lb Warn winch, tons of lights, huge steel bumpers, chase racks, etc.) is where the real fun begins, with no end in sight!

JM2C, and of course, YMMV
Didn't read the OP, did ya...?

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Not if it sets off the backup sensors.
Luckily mine don't with my steel bumper. I have one from Warfab but last I looked at their website they didn't have any hitch skids shown... They had some cool ones so not sure why they'd stop selling them?
Sponsored