Sponsored

What are the "MUST HAVE" mods after buying your Gladiator? ($5,000 starting budget)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
Not a mod but an add-on that is 100% worth it if you have to park outside is the WeatherTech Sun Shade full vehicle kit. I've had them for close to two years and they definitely keep the interior a little cooler. And their customer service has been great. I had an issue develop with the front shade after one year (somehow it shrunk) and WeatherTech sent a replacement at no charge.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Last edited:

SF915

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator HA
Occupation
Self
I haven't figured out what to do for tires/lift - I'm too new and still learning. Also need to save up so I'll probably burn through these first. However here's a list of my favorites so far. I'm one month in.

idrive controller - big difference. Took 5 minutes.

Auto window roll up module - easy, and super useful, especially at a drive through, or when a kid forgets to roll up a window.

3.5 mopar tweeter upgrade - could not be easier, plug and play

Sound deadening under all carpets (this took my son and I about 3 hours this past weekend and made a huge difference) I read somewhere that sound deadening improves audio as good or better than a comparable upgrade in speakers (but I'll probably keep doing those anyway). I also put strips of the material under the stock headliner. I ordered Kilmat 36sf for about $60 and I have a few sheets left over.

I started out with a tri fold cover and bumper step to get into the bed easier and thought that would be enough, but it's easy to get addicted to personalizing. Molle panels and sunrider next. Good luck with your decisions. I'm really enjoying seeing all the differences out there.

Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a rubi, but nothing on my list is specific to that:

Dead pedal. MORE makes a red one, I love the very subtle red accent pop (that almost no one ever sees), matching Rubicon. They don't make an orange one but you could paint the black. This was the first thing I did.

Rokblokz Mudflaps. Front only for me - color matched in red again (they do have orange). Summer here is dry, but spring/fall/winter our door handles were just constantly coated in thick mud or snow or snowy mud or muddy snow.

Factory take-off soft rolling tonneau cover. (Purchased on the forums here.)

Mopar door sill guards. Mine didn't have this from dealer. I went with the Mopar ones over 3rd party because they don't come up over the lip of the door. Many people want the higher ones with more coverage, but those can affect the door seal and let water in during water crossings. A little less coverage, a little more water protection...

Purchased but not used: Fox Shox Steering Stabilizer. I ended up getting the TSB fix for wandering steering, and I'm not sure if I'll put this on. Might end up for sale on here...

Next purchase: behind rear seat ARB compressor mount (813 fab) and ARB single for on-board air. I'm surprised this isn't on more people's lists. I often don't air down on trails because I don't have easy access to air (without driving on the highway back to a town).

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't figured out what to do for tires/lift - I'm too new and still learning. Also need to save up so I'll probably burn through these first. However here's a list of my favorites so far. I'm one month in.

idrive controller - big difference. Took 5 minutes.

Auto window roll up module - easy, and super useful, especially at a drive through, or when a kid forgets to roll up a window.

3.5 mopar tweeter upgrade - could not be easier, plug and play

Sound deadening under all carpets (this took my son and I about 3 hours this past weekend and made a huge difference) I read somewhere that sound deadening improves audio as good or better than a comparable upgrade in speakers (but I'll probably keep doing those anyway). I also put strips of the material under the stock headliner. I ordered Kilmat 36sf for about $60 and I have a few sheets left over.

I started out with a tri fold cover and bumper step to get into the bed easier and thought that would be enough, but it's easy to get addicted to personalizing. Molle panels and sunrider next. Good luck with your decisions. I'm really enjoying seeing all the differences out there.

Do you have a part number for the Window roll up module? Would it work on the back windows as well?

Thanks!

SF915

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator HA
Occupation
Self
Sure thing, here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/3W-Module-Ro...JL-Gladiator-JT-Full-Four-Doors/dp/B08PD5RSSF

or directly (same price)
https://www.3wliners.com/product/je...ll-four-doors2018-2021-window-control-module/

There are no written instructions, so after watching the video I followed this thread (very useful):
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jt-3wliners-window-control-module-install.40950/

I also didn't want to route through the firewall, so I converted the lighter socket to constant 12v with this:
https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/111-jl-powerport-kit.html

If you use the jumper, use a 25a fuse.

cheap fantastic upgrade

SF915

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator HA
Occupation
Self
Do you have a part number for the Window roll up module? Would it work on the back windows as well?

Thanks!
I forgot to mention - yes, all 4 windows. There's a couple idiosyncrasies: they don't all go up at once, back and front are separate. There's also no safety feature where the window stops if someone's arm is in the way, however that was more important when the switch was in the door and it was easier to accidentally tap, especially by a dog's paw (personal experience). With the switches in the center it seemed like a non issue for me. You can also quickly reverse it if you happen to be sitting there with someone yelling, or yelping.

Sponsored

Tanners Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired Soldier and DAC
This may have been said before, but my view is any mods are personal determination based on one's requirements, driving habits and region. I'm a pretty basic guy and for me mods are somewhat basic but meet my needs for my newly acquired Gladiator Sport. My use is primarily getting to/ from bird hunting locales w/ my dog.
1- floor liners
2- canopy
3- bed liner
4- seat covers
5- step rails for the wife

I suspect, I may add more as time goes on and I learn more about my Jeep (first time buyer), but this is what I need / want now

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not a mod but an add-on that is 100% worth it if you have to park outside is the WeatherTech Sun Shade full vehicle kit. I've had them for close to two years and they definitely keep the interior a little cooler. And their customer service has been great. I had an issue develop with the front shade after one year (somehow it shrunk) and WeatherTech sent a replacement at no charge.
I have the windshield which is very nice I didn't see the side windows. I need those will have to try to find those panels on the Weathertech site

Hamandcamo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Occupation
Actor
Something that hasnt been said which i found useful.
1. Hood wind deflector, which protects and can deflect some small rocks from hitting the hood/windshield
2. Door seals for sure
3. Diy 12v power to the bed and unistruct utilitracs
4. Cleaning, Degreasing, and rust proofing the udercarriage. CRC 6026 is the best ive found
5. Diy ceramic coat while the paint is new. I did this the second day of ownership (skipped the clay baring and final touchup)
6. Polymer/vinyl protectors for the door hinges. You will get rock chips if not.
Sponsored