Sponsored

What can I do to increase speed or horsepower?

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
The old LT was still a small block.
they re use the names to keep up with the history. L88, 1LE, etc.

when the LS first. Came out in97 it was LS1. Then they developed a high power version of it and that was called the LS6. LS1 and LS6 are very similar. Then in 05 the base engine was called the LS2 and the high power version was called the LS7 on the Z06.
then in 08 the base engine changedto ls3 which was a milder version of the LS7 (which was a road going version of the C5R engine).
After that, they came out with the LS9 on the ZR1 and that engine was based on the LS3 but supercharged.
Then, after that, they came out with the LSA, which was a milder version of the LS9 and that wngine was used in the 5th gen Camaro ZL1.

After that, they switched to the (new) LT architecture, which was similar to the LS, but had direct injection and variable cam timing.
They had the LT1 normally aspirated and the LT4 which was supercharged in the Z06 C7 and the ZL1 in the 6th gen Camaro.

The new C8 Corvette has the newest version of the alT, the LT2.

I haven't kept up much with gm, but I'm pretty sure the LT came first, then the LS. If they redesignated the LT, then that's new, and kinda foolish, to me.
Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
This is exactly what we are discussing here if you read my above posts....

Per Livernois, the Jeep comes with a flex fuel sensor From the factory.

as for e85 debate, if it didn't come from factory, its not fully/properly equipped to run it. Its parts and obviously a tune. Just cuz it can run e10, doesn't mean it can run e15 ,e20, or e85. Unless certain fueling, and sometimes pistons/rings, are changed out. A ffv vehicle is typically 1-2k more from factory vs its non ffv counterpart. This takes into account parts/tune required to run.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This is exactly what we are discussing here if you read my above posts....

Per Livernois, the Jeep comes with a flex fuel sensor From the factory.
Read that part, still has me scratching my head... wonder if it was just for accidental "e overdose" so u don't kill the motor right away. Kudos on ur research.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
I saw a post about 6.2 LS not being legal in California, but was wondering specifically about the 6.4 HEMI. Not sure if there is a difference.
Well you have to know the rules. If you break into a speed shop and steal the motor , you get an Exemption. And it’s fully legal at that point. Also you are no longer required to wear face mask .

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I haven't kept up much with gm, but I'm pretty sure the LT came first, then the LS. If they redesignated the LT, then that's new, and kinda foolish, to me.
The LT is an evolution of the LS. I understand your thinking, you’re thinking of the LT1 and Lt4 and whatever else variation I might be forgetting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Like women, there’s always a more desirable one out there.
Yes, but I'm gonna admire them without trying to put my key in the ignition!

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Yes, but I'm gonna admire them without trying to put my key in the ignition!
Wise man. Sometimes that beautiful paint job hides body defects, operating abnormalities, and viruses that could damage your key. You wouldn’t want to take a joy ride only to discover these things too late.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Wise man. Sometimes that beautiful paint job hides body defects, operating abnormalities, and viruses that could damage your key. You wouldn’t want to take a joy ride only to discover these things too late.
Exactly.

Sponsored

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Start with lots and lots of money, throw in a little imagination, find the right mechanic.

I will throw out a tuner, just because I have used them in the past, Livernois Motorsports.
What they claim and back up with dyno charts is spot on.
For the JT you can get a nice little boost for under $1300.
All they do is remap the fueling and shift points and use what is available in the stock set up.
If you want more than 50 or so HP, then open the bank vault because the next $$ step is HUGE.
Yep about 1k per 1 HP

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Well you have to know the rules. If you break into a speed shop and steal the motor , you get an Exemption. And it’s fully legal at that point. Also you are no longer required to wear face mask .
I’m going to rename my JT protester then the damn thing will be able to go anywhere while the rest of yas are stuck at home lmao

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
Quick question, has anyone heard or had any experience of a an engine swap or a supercharger addition with a manual transmission? At some point I'd love to make a move like that but I also will always want to stay with rowing my own gears. Does this transmission hold up with added power or, I would assume, to keep a manual you'd have to explore a whole new set up. Thoughts?
Edelbrock Supercharger for JT is suppose to be in market this fall. 100 hp and most important about same for torque down low and mid where we want it. I have the manual with 35s and have straightened out exhaust and removed OEM mufflers and resonator and installed a single Thrush and I’ve installed K&N intake and filter. It’s noisier, gets a little bit better fuel economy and a bit of passing power at higher RPM. I’ll wait for Edelbrock.. I tow a 3700lb ski boat and motorcycles so I’m also installing a Centerforce clutch (they’re re-engineering the assembly right now and will have in market by Sept).

TampaJLU

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2017 BMW M4 2017 Z06
Pedal Commander has helped a bunch of acceleration.

I am selling the one I just took off my GFs Gladiator she traded in.

I still have the one on my Gladiator. Sport plus mode is fun.
Sponsored