rr_sontag

rr_sontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2022 Wrangler 392
Have 2. Son is 19, he already said he would be happy to sell his car and take either.
A JLU is fairly practical on it's own, what if you suggested ditching the 37's, took it back to factory height (or even lower), ran street tires on it (gas mileage and quieter/smoother ride) and essentially made it into a typical V8 SUV?

I was given a rental once that was an AEV JLU on 37's and while fun for a stint I couldn't imagine DD'ing that.
I totally agree. She had a loaded Tahoe before the 392, and is wanting to go back to that. Practical... not the best word for me to describe what she wants.
Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Have 2. Son is 19, he already said he would be happy to sell his car (VW Golf) and take either. And by take, I mean take not buy... lol
he he he smart little guy ... based on his dad driveway, i can say without any doubt that the apple doesnt fall far from the three :)

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
Yes Corvette. She is looking for something more comfortable, with more room, with probably a few more bells and whistles. She's looked at a Yukon Denali, and Grand Wagoneer. Now, after typing that "practical" was probably not the best word to describe what she is wanting. She came from a loaded Tahoe, and wants to go back to something like that.
a grand wagoneer with the 6.4 could be great of course

OP
OP
rr_sontag

rr_sontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely a first world problem… lol From personal experience any modifications are best to be removed before sale/trade. Usually aftermarket parts give dealers or buyers an excuse to low ball the price since they are not OEM. 392s are extremely rare in my neck of the woods, and command stupid prices where Gladis are a dime in a dozen. The wrangler will get you best sale price, but also will hold its value better than the truck if you decide to keep it. You do what makes most sense to you, best of luck.
Appreciate the input. I have all the factory suspension, just not the tires/wheels. Dread all the work, but it may be a thing. If I decide to part with the Gladiator, I may attempt to sell it myself with everything on it. If no one buys, then take it back to stock and trade. 392s are rare here as well, and may be somewhat a collectible one day.

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
They are sweet for sure. I am amazed at all the options they have.
was just trying one on the configurator ... if you check all the cases.. for sure its something. and still almost half of the price of a range rover vogue

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
This is funny because I'm thinking of selling my Gladiator for a 392. My reason is because it's soo slow; honestly if I had bought a diesel Gladiator or even an auto I probably wouldn't be considering it because I love the utility of the Gladiator.

My gf drives a 2 door wrangler, so I own the "practical" vehicle. I really like having a pickup for house projects like getting mulch, 2x4's, taking the kayaks out, etc so I'm going to miss that, but I think I can get by with a Wrangler and renting a trailer on occasion.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Keep the 392

Those are going to be the rarity in 25 years

Also V8 is always better

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I recently had a similar experience where I sold my JLR to buy a TRX but kept the JTR for my wife. During the higher-than-average trade-in fever last year, I ended up trading the JTR for a 2022 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Both my wife and I enjoy the handling and luxury features of the GCTH so much that I traded my TRX for a 4xe GC Summit. 45MPG vs. 11 MPG is a plus too. However, my wife loved my 4xe Summit more than her ICE Trailhawk, so I traded the GCTH for a 2023 Summit Reserve 4xe and gave her the 2022 Summit. Now, I am ordering an MY24 392 because once you own a Jeep Wrangler, it's like a bad case of herpes - you just can't get rid of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rr_sontag

rr_sontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point I lean towards keeping the 392 and letting the Gladiator go. I guess I just need to figure out exactly what that looks like. I’m thinking about trying to sell it as it is, just don’t know where to start in the price. Private party is like $58k, but not sure how to factor in the additions.

Selling it myself keeps dealing with stealership a little cleaner when there’s only 1 car involved. Plus extras or no extras I’d rather have someone else get a good deal than getting taken to the cleaners by a dealer.

Jrap

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys, 2019 Wrangler JL 2.0
Occupation
Banker
Simple. If you need a pickup, keep the Gladiator. If not, keep the 392. This comes from a very wise man with lots of car and life experiences.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Oh my. Tough choice but the 392 would need to stay. As someone else stated before, so very rare here in my neck of the woods.