What did you pay for your GLADIATOR?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
They are not getting away with anything; they are serving the market as it exists today. No different from when I "got away with" under-cutting them by $8k during the down market. Up-market charges are no different.
I understand supply and demand, but at what other point in automotive history could you as a consumer drive a vehicle for two years and 40,000 miles then sell it for a profit substantial profit?

There is a chip shortage causing dealers to claim “market adjustment values” - fair enough - but charging more than original MSRP on a used vehicle? It is a perfect storm of shortages caused by a pandemic and free flowing money at the moment. That well will dry up eventually - with what I foresee as dire consequences across multiple industries.

Maybe it is just my financial paranoia, but a consumer letting themselves be talked into that is pure ludicrous and I feel my intelligence being insulted by dealers that claim “that’s just what they cost now, are you just broke and mad?” attitude.

They are indeed, getting away with it as dealerships are an outdated business model that continually block legislation that would allow consumers to purchase vehicles directly from manufacturers, hide the true cost and go after companies suchas Tesla that provide single price to all consumers, no gimmicks.

Dealers are known to be sneaky, money hungry and completely unethical.

Are there good dealers out there? Yep. Do I trust them further than I can throw them? Nope.

Seems high...
Not as a great of a deal as I was offered in March of last year, but still $6600 (11.3%) under MSRP. Not $7,000 over MSRP as stated above.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Yes, the buyers are idiots and caused the problem. Dealers are simply serving the market. If they weren't, they wouldn't be selling cars at all.

Used Jeeps have always been overpriced, and that's why I've always bought them new after trying to shop used.

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I’m just thankful I got my sport S for a few thousand below sticker in this market honestly.

USAgladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Research
Tri City, Eden, NC They are now at 4-6% under invoice.
I really don't understand how everyone is getting this far below MSRP. I have an FCA control number and I cant be more than $2,500 below MSRP on a $50-60k vehicle from the dealerships around Philadelphia.

Are you working with Travis Reynolds?

HighTork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2022 Outback Wilderness
21 Rubicon Diesel, hard top, tow & safety packages, weather mats & bed liner. $55,400 sticker - sale price $52,150. Not the best deal out there, but I'm happy with it.

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Even before the Great Inventory Shortage (tm) used Gladiators weren't that hot a deal. Saving maybe 4 grand to sit in a pre-farted seat? Hard pass.

As I've mentioned before my local CDJRs are notorious for jacking up the prices on used inventory, some of their asking prices are/were just hilarious. $55k for a 2020 JT Mojave soft top with a manual and 46k miles? :CWL:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I really don't understand how everyone is getting this far below MSRP. I have an FCA control number and I cant be more than $2,500 below MSRP on a $50-60k vehicle from the dealerships around Philadelphia.

A lot of times there are hidden fees that people don't realize. I've had a couple of people show me their invoices and the bottom line includes shit they didn't know was there.

Deleted member 43264

Sting Gray 2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys 8 spd automatic with tow package, technology group, convenience group, 8.4" Radio premium audio group, 3 piece hardtop with headliner and Freedom Panel storage bag along with standard equipment.

After sales taxes (state+city+county), fees, title, doc etc. A tick over 50k USD and some change, but well below 51k.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

Also keep in mind that this means financing incentives, you may not necessarily get the best interest rate either.

I was personally happy with getting my deal done about 6% below invoice.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Also keep in mind that this means financing incentives, you may not necessarily get the best interest rate either.
But in most states, you can refinance right away. My deal was contingent on me accepting a 5% dealer finance deal through Chase. I took it and immediately refinanced at just over 2% at the credit union. So let the dealer play that game and then beat them at it.

Sponsored

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

Same here, I mean I don't have an FCA control number, but I didn't find anywhere around here willing to deal and the truck I bought had been on the lot for a while. It's a loaded Rubicon without heated seats and steering wheel and no rail system in the bed which I think a lot of people wouldn't buy b/c they gotta have those heated seats for the cold Georgia winters. 😃 (I ain't knocking heated seats and wheel b/c I'd sure not turn my nose up at them but it didn't stop me from buying if you know what I'm saying) I believe I got about $2k off MSRP around the time I looked last year.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
48.3k (MSRP, no upcharge, no discounts) on August 28th. '21 (July 21 build) Mojave off the lot. Hydro Blue, Tow package, Aux Switch package, Satin black grill, Cold weather package, Sill guards.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
But in most states, you can refinance right away. My deal was contingent on me accepting a 5% dealer finance deal through Chase. I took it and immediately refinanced at just over 2% at the credit union. So let the dealer play that game and then beat them at it.
Hey hey you can’t give up all the secrets at once!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Hey hey you can’t give up all the secrets at once!
Oh, there are more. The alarm system they will try to sell you is mostly worthless, and it costs them around $60, they will ask for $600-900. If you decline they just disable it. You can re-enable it yourself if you want. Or you can slip the lot boy a $50 and he will grab the programmer and turn it on wirelessly (did that for a friend). I just removed it all and sold it on eBay for $30.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Oh, there are more. The alarm system they will try to sell you is mostly worthless, and it costs them around $60, they will ask for $600-900. If you decline they just disable it. You can re-enable it yourself if you want. Or you can slip the lot boy a $50 and he will grab the programmer and turn it on wirelessly (did that for a friend). I just removed it all and sold it on eBay for $30.
Go on.......

:)
Sponsored