Sponsored

What do you lose if you don't get leather?

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Absolutely. I could care less about the heated seats and steering wheel, but cooled seats are a God send from June to October. Why Jeep doesn't offer them on the JL/JT is beyond me.
Usually, cooled seated are perforated for air flow....that's not really good for a vehicle that designed like a jeep is(wet seats don't get along with TED modules)
Sponsored

Gumbo Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ecoDiesel
Occupation
Installation Manager
I wish I would have ticked the leather box when placing my order. Mud is a lot harder to clean out of the cloth seats.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Soft touch door panels, are part of leather as well, I have a JL with cloth and a JT with leather, other then the leather being hot in the sun I much prefer it over the cloth, seats are more comfortable and the durability seems great, just pulls everything together so much better.

Thefool

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galadiator freedom
Occupation
Corporate trainer
I got the freedom package, which has the leather trimmed seats and cloth inserts. Best of both worlds, as it has the rear fold down arm rear as well

Sponsored

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
You loose having a sweaty back depending on where you live.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I had a car with dark grey leather seats in college. I got into the habit of leaving a notebook on the seat so it wouldn’t be scorching whenever I got out of class. That was the last dark leather I ever owned. I’ve done tan leather or cloth seats, but no dark leather ever again. I don’t get why black leather is so popular.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I wish I would have ticked the leather box when placing my order. Mud is a lot harder to clean out of the cloth seats.
This is the one major advantage to leather that I can think of.

Musicman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n Gladiator Rubicon
I have cloth, for the reasons why people hate leather and love that I made that decision. My wife’s grand Cherokee is black leather and looks great, however even with ventilated seats it takes forever to cool the car off even when auto starting in the summer and rolling the windows down. I spend most of my summer with the top down and appreciate not having to sit on hot leather. In full disclosure I live in Michigan and I sweat a lot (sucks to be me) so the cloth worked well for my needs.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Reading these replies makes me happy I didn't get leather in this Texas weather.

I've had leather pretty much my whole life but I was either on the west coast or midwest.
I have black leather in my white Mojave with good tint and an excellent sunscreen for the windshield in south Texas! No problem with the black leather here. White paint matters in Texas! Bottom line! Of course without sunscreens top less………OUCH! I like to keep my shirt on, I’m not a topless guy so……

Sponsored

JTL13

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2014 JKUS
You can order Katzskins with heated and cooled options fwiw.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Swamp ass in the summer.

My overland is an odd duck with cloth seats and leather everything else (wheel, e-brake, arm rest and door panels). The seat heaters work so much better with cloth.

I love cloth as the dogs can jump in and I don’t have to worry about their nails puncturing the seat covers.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Absolutely. I could care less about the heated seats and steering wheel, but cooled seats are a God send from June to October. Why Jeep doesn't offer them on the JL/JT is beyond me.
Man, I don't know....it doesn't get cold often here, but when it does, those heated seats feel SO good. Same with the steering wheel, I'm a 10-2 driver on those days, just to keep my hands warm.

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
i live in hot, humid FL and have leather seats. personally i'd have it no other way!
Sponsored