Sponsored

What do you call that annoying dealer markup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Maryland/DC I'd go to. I used do that trip on the Acela Express regularly. That's easier for sure.

I'll dig through the JL Forums and see if I find one... unless there's one you recommend...?
Easy. Criswell in Gaithersburg (contact Julius@[email protected]) or Marco at Ourisman in Clarksville ([email protected]). Don't expect too much at least until the JT actually drops, but they have the best deals East of the Rockies on the JL.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
From Jersey, you'll be better off going to the Maryland/DC dealers for a great deal. Take a train/bus, they'll pick you up and they do 8% below invoice on ordered JLs (and have always done 5%). The best Maryland dealers are 3 hours from Edison. They'll all post on here eventually. F MSRP, and F invoice. That's capitalism (real competition, baby).
8%? dang......who'll be the first to be 9% below? WHO'S COMING WITH ME?!!!

Last edited:

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
Koon is the recommended place however they are not saying if they will be under invoice. The person I was talking to said it would be above msrp for a while.
What's it called when you're getting a new rare vehicle and the dealer tacks on a certain dollar amount to the MSRP? Messed up, yes, but it has a specific word that for the life of me I just can't remember right now...

I'm starting the conversation with my local dealership. Actually where we got and service my wife's Grand Cherokee. We don't have pricing yet, and I don't know if we'll have pricing at the time of ordering, but I basically want to make it clear that when my order comes in, and we go to actually figure out financing or whatever, they had better not even think of adding a ________ - whatever that number is...
Price gouging!

Sponsored

fitinfish

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Commander, Accord
Just buy it from Tri City in Eden NC and have it shipped to you via carrier. The most you should spend is $500 on transport and have your new Gladiator delivered to your front door :like:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Maryland/DC I'd go to. I used do that trip on the Acela Express regularly. That's easier for sure.

I'll dig through the JL Forums and see if I find one... unless there's one you recommend...?
There is a map of Jeep dealers offering discounts. I’m sure it will be updated for JTs or a new one will be created.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Koon is the recommended place however they are not saying if they will be under invoice. The person I was talking to said it would be above msrp for a while.
We have bought 3 different vehicles from the Koons family dealerships. All were straight forward.
I contacted the dealership through another Jeep website (Where I bought my GC through) and he thought they would have the same discount for the JT as they currently have for the JL...

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
What's it called when you're getting a new rare vehicle and the dealer tacks on a certain dollar amount to the MSRP? Messed up, yes, but it has a specific word that for the life of me I just can't remember right now...

I'm starting the conversation with my local dealership. Actually where we got and service my wife's Grand Cherokee. We don't have pricing yet, and I don't know if we'll have pricing at the time of ordering, but I basically want to make it clear that when my order comes in, and we go to actually figure out financing or whatever, they had better not even think of adding a ________ - whatever that number is...
Does this dealership consider a mass produced Jeep "rare"? LOL

Any sales associate that starts talking about ADM/market adjustment on a Jeep - I literally laugh at them and walk out.

Good luck with your purchase!

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
There is a map of Jeep dealers offering discounts. I’m sure it will be updated for JTs or a new one will be created.
I remember seeing it for the JLs, yea... I'll look for it again.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! That one led me to the one I was looking for: ADM - additional dealer markup

I learned the term when trying to get a Ford Focus RS a few years back. I ended up not getting it because all the dealers in the area had an ADM of at least $10,000.

Funny thing is there are about 50 Brand new 2018 RSs in a Canada unsold for 20k off. Nobody will touch them after the head gasket issue that plagued some of them.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Funny thing is there are about 50 Brand new 2018 RSs in a Canada unsold for 20k off. Nobody will touch them after the head gasket issue that plagued some of them.
I think what happened here in the US is everyone wanted to charge ADM on them, and people just chose not to buy them at a ridiculous price... at least that's what happened with me.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think what happened here in the US is everyone wanted to charge ADM on them, and people just chose not to buy them at a ridiculous price... at least that's what happened with me.
Yeah over here they were 60k and the price point was just insanely high on them esp with the issues the older ones had. They are now sitting in the low 40s and still unsold.

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL rubicon.
If you live in Southern California don’t go to Huntington Beach jeep they are charging 20k over MSRP. Don’t know how they can get away with this.
I ordered mine at $54,350 from champion jeep in Downey hoping they don’t pull any bs with me. I put my deposit downs and have my paperwork with the sale price so I’m thinking I’m good
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.