Sponsored

What does the 2026, 40 mpg jeep wrangler model look like?

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
There's gonna be a lot of electrification in the brand.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Or the people of California stop sniffing there own farts and stop stuffing carb down the rest of the country’s throats and we just keep living with the jeeps we have now. Every time I see someone mention carb it makes me miserable 😖 if you don’t get the fart sniffing reference you need to watch more unintelligent television lol
True story... Ronald Regan created CARB... and Richard Nixon said it was okay to stay in place when Clean Air Act emissions rolled out so long as CARB wasn't less lenient.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just drove a Tesla Model S long range that a neighbor of mine owns.

Holy mother of god. And its not even the super fast one.

Some quick specs.
750 hp
0-60 in the 3 second range with the quarter mile in the 11s.

When I can charge an electric in 10 minutes I'll be ready to jump ship.
If you love cars, drive one. I love my V8s. But sweet mother of god, this thing is fast.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I always get confused when these threads start. Am I supposed to be upset about better MPG? Or should I look forward to better MPG? Maybe I should feel bad about all that extra work they'll have to do to design a more efficient vehicle; might have to hire a few more people. They might have to offer more for my money in order to stay competitive. A good thing, or a bad thing? Time will tell. You can't please everyone all the time, but I wonder what people would say if they required 9 MPG with gas at $4.25, that'll never happen.
No
what you should be pissed at is when your vehicle becomes 7 years old and will lose 30% of its charge capacity and the warranty won’t cover it you’ll have a nifty $22,000 bill.

Finland Man Blows Up His Tesla Car After Facing $22,000 Replacement Battery Bill

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_...g-22000-replacement-battery-bill_4176175.html

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Wait, you're a proud Union member according to your profile, but you hate progressive politics? You do understand that air pollution is a result of externalizing costs to the community, right? I remember the LA basin in the '80's. I remember riding a bicycle in the 70's and suffering at a stoplight behind a typical car of the era, with so much stinky exhaust it was worth holding my breath until the light changed.

CARB and EPA did what industry was irrationally incapable of doing, cleaning up a major source of air pollution. A legitimate role of government is promoting the collective good. Private sector Unions came into the picture and Gov't tried to stamp them out at the behest of industry - was that a legitimate role of government?

Or the people of California stop sniffing there own farts and stop stuffing carb down the rest of the country’s throats and we just keep living with the jeeps we have now. Every time I see someone mention carb it makes me miserable 😖 if you don’t get the fart sniffing reference you need to watch more unintelligent television lol

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Wait, you're a proud Union member according to your profile, but you hate progressive politics? You do understand that air pollution is a result of externalizing costs to the community, right? I remember the LA basin in the '80's. I remember riding a bicycle in the 70's and suffering at a stoplight behind a typical car of the era, with so much stinky exhaust it was worth holding my breath until the light changed.

CARB and EPA did what industry was irrationally incapable of doing, cleaning up a major source of air pollution. A legitimate role of government is promoting the collective good. Private sector Unions came into the picture and Gov't tried to stamp them out at the behest of industry - was that a legitimate role of government?

The issue isn't with the initial cleaning up of air pollution it's the continuous stretch of over reach. Just because an organization or entity started out with a good goal doesn't mean they don't continue to morph in to some overreaching power hungry echo chamber intent on keeping themselves relevant.

Unions for example were necessary and good movements that have slowly morphed in to less about their members and more about their political goals and maintaining power for those in charge (not all of them but many are little more than forced PACs at this point). CARB was created because the EPA didn't exist, and then because CARB already existed pre-EPA it got grandfathered in to staying around. Now to stay relevant in an age where the EPA pushes mandates it goes more radical for the sake of being radical.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician

I support my union and our collective bargaining. I do not support there politics and they know it. And for what it’s worth when the hall sends out there news letters at election time they back both sides. Whoever has been on the side of labor is who gets the endorsements
However being a person of free will I do what suits me at that time. # NO POLITICS

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Iam excited about the prospect of viable alternatively powered vehicles but I don't want to be forced into it by people who stand to gain financially if that occurs. It's pretty obvious that is what is going on.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
If we do go all electric at some point, can another country offset our low pollution output by not holding high standards in pollution? If so, have we really solved anything on a global scale other than feeling good about ourselves?
Sorry to disappoint but the low pollution by going electric in order to meet CAFE standards is complete horse shit. All this does is move the pollution from car CO2 emissions to worse issues.

All these batteries require exotic materials that have to be mined---and the pollution from the mining is just horrible.

Then there is the cost of transporting the materials to wherever the batteries are to be built. Just a wee bit of third world pollution to get it to the battery plants overseas and here [as there is little chance] that we'll allow the mining here at an equivalent cost.

Then there is the massive pollution coming from the battery building facilities. Right now it takes tons of water and that water gets horribly polluted.

Then there is the requirement for charging stations everywhere. Fantastic employment opportunities to build the infrastructure---but the electricity has to come from somewhere. Last time I looked the chances of getting pollution free electricity able to travel along all these lines day and night definitely can't be done by solar/wind in many many places of our country. And the crazies allowing nuclear power to ever be built at a price that doesn't result in astronomical cost has no chance of happening in the good old US of A either. So basically it's going to be Coal, Petroleum, and Natural Gas required for running these much larger electrical grids. But they're busy cancelling new pipelines AND current ones.

It's already been mentioned about the huge cost of replacing batteries---no doubt the batteries will get better and cheaper---but again the pollution cost of recycling these huge batteries is---oh yeah---huge.

I don't believe there isn't a one of us that doesn't want to take care of our environment. Throughout the world, not just here. Its GLOBAL Warming and pollution due to over population in ratio to the world's resources. But to think that basically mandating all electric in a country as huge as ours isn't going to make much more pollution than what is saved is just crazy in my opinion.

Rick_Jame55

First Name
Rickel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
QA Inspector
Yeah let’s not forget this little dirty blind spot for California.
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...lifornians-charge-electric-cars-during-summe/

Rick_Jame55

First Name
Rickel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
QA Inspector
Sorry to disappoint but the low pollution by going electric in order to meet CAFE standards is complete horse shit. All this does is move the pollution from car CO2 emissions to worse issues.

All these batteries require exotic materials that have to be mined---and the pollution from the mining is just horrible.

Then there is the cost of transporting the materials to wherever the batteries are to be built. Just a wee bit of third world pollution to get it to the battery plants overseas and here [as there is little chance] that we'll allow the mining here at an equivalent cost.

Then there is the massive pollution coming from the battery building facilities. Right now it takes tons of water and that water gets horribly polluted.

Then there is the requirement for charging stations everywhere. Fantastic employment opportunities to build the infrastructure---but the electricity has to come from somewhere. Last time I looked the chances of getting pollution free electricity able to travel along all these lines day and night definitely can't be done by solar/wind in many many places of our country. And the crazies allowing nuclear power to ever be built at a price that doesn't result in astronomical cost has no chance of happening in the good old US of A either. So basically it's going to be Coal, Petroleum, and Natural Gas required for running these much larger electrical grids. But they're busy cancelling new pipelines AND current ones.

It's already been mentioned about the huge cost of replacing batteries---no doubt the batteries will get better and cheaper---but again the pollution cost of recycling these huge batteries is---oh yeah---huge.

I don't believe there isn't a one of us that doesn't want to take care of our environment. Throughout the world, not just here. Its GLOBAL Warming and pollution due to over population in ratio to the world's resources. But to think that basically mandating all electric in a country as huge as ours isn't going to make much more pollution than what is saved is just crazy in my opinion.
keep this in mind also!
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...lifornians-charge-electric-cars-during-summe/

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Which is why Toyota and Lexus just announced like 15 full electric vehicles? I think their CEO was on stage talking about their push for electrification

Guess it’s not the answer though?
They can push all they want, but until there is infrastructure improvements to most average households as well as the power grid, they seem to be putting the cart before the horse.
Sponsored