Sponsored

What does everyone think about the lifespan of the JT model?

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yea I really don't know why they'd get rid of it anytime soon. They're selling well and we all add extras, sometimes getting those products or services from the dealers. Will the model refresh make it a JS though?? JT is perfect so hopefully they do JT2 instead

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I don’t think it’ll have the staying power of the Cherokee or Wrangler, but it’ll be around for a while. And I do think it’ll age well and become one of those classics that people look back fondly on.

Sponsored

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
It will last as long as Jeep decides to keep it and the Wrangler SFA... if that goes, there is zero reason to buy one against the competition and sales will falter.
Zero reason?

1. Convertible
2. Removable doors
3. Towing
4. Aftermarket support
5. Available with manual transmission and crank windows
6. Looks are subjective but the Colorado and Ranger aren’t great to look at
7. JEEP!

I get that it’s intended purpose is mainly off-road action. In my case I sold my 2014 Ram 1500 so that I could buy this rad ride. The most off-road mine will go is gravel roads and forest service roads. I don’t care about the front axle, though I do think it’s cool because it’s old school. I bought mine for all of the other reasons that I listed. Surely I’m not the only one. Jeep crushed it with the Gladiator!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
That was my opinion, and of the list you gave, yes, zero reasons. Don't care for #1 and #2, the Ranger tows far better because it has the power, Toyota's aftermarket is healthy enough, the Toyota 6MT isn't blowing itself up because the OEM is running the unit at its torque limit, and crank windows are a relic not to be idolized.

Love the truck, but if it lost its off-road capability I'd be in something else.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Selfishly, I'd love for this to have about a 4 year run and be done.

But - I expect it to be around a long time. Solid sales numbers, and based on the nearly daily conversations I have with strangers about it, there are no shortage of people interested in the JT.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm going to go against the grain. I think the Gladiator's days a numbered. For more than 2 decades people like me have been wanting the return of a Jeep truck. I think the ones who wanted it, and are people who buy new vehicles, have already or are soon to buy them. I would wager after about 3-4 years those strange people like us who wanted a bed on their Jeep will all have them, or plan to be buying them used. Sales will die off and it will go the way of the Comanche. Hopefully I'm wrong, and it sure wouldn't be the first time, but that's my prediction. If they don't make a second generation then I have no idea what my next vehicle will be. Oddly never been a wrangler man.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yeah I agree that it will last at least as long as the JLs. What will be telling is what happens to the JL regarding refresh and redesign leaks.
I thought they'd fix the leaks😉 and rain won't pool inside when I open the door.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Zero reason?

1. Convertible
2. Removable doors
3. Towing
4. Aftermarket support
5. Available with manual transmission and crank windows
6. Looks are subjective but the Colorado and Ranger aren’t great to look at
7. JEEP!

I get that it’s intended purpose is mainly off-road action. In my case I sold my 2014 Ram 1500 so that I could buy this rad ride. The most off-road mine will go is gravel roads and forest service roads. I don’t care about the front axle, though I do think it’s cool because it’s old school. I bought mine for all of the other reasons that I listed. Surely I’m not the only one. Jeep crushed it with the Gladiator!
looks are subjective, I agree. When I first got my max tow I hated the way it looked stock with the skinny tires and silver wheels. Same with that Colorado and ranger, but All 3 look great lifted with bigger tires…!

Jeep Gladiator What does everyone think about the lifespan of the JT model? B1F1472F-9621-4C4C-B2F3-814720B1528A

Jeep Gladiator What does everyone think about the lifespan of the JT model? ABA57428-0E45-43D2-9782-A16A3D5E3754

11C35468-D26F-4F9D-AB68-3EA01BCD2021.jpeg

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
The JT is the only mid-size pickup that comes standard with 4WD. The others in the segment come with 2WD. The Jeep target is 100k units per year. If you want to count low margin 2WD fleet vehicles, yes I'm talking about Tocoma's, Ranger's and brand X, then know the JT isn't shooting for #1 in the segment but is targeting to be the highest profit and margin leader in the segment.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Probably as long as the government still allows internal combustion engines. The days are numbered. We should enjoy them while they last.
Eh, I'd they'll be around longer than you think. And the JT can or will adapt if it's required. All-electric is a possibility.

If the future is as rosy as I imagine it, the government will never ban the ICE; the market will just make it so that everyone shifts away from it voluntarily. As long as the infrastructure exists to support it (gas stations), we can enjoy the ICE.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ford revealed the compact Maverick today.

Key details:
  1. Unibody construction; 1 foot shorter than Ranger
  2. Starting price for FWD hybrid under $20,000; 2.5T AWD available
  3. 5-foot bed
  4. Estimated 40 MPG
Jeep Gladiator What does everyone think about the lifespan of the JT model? 1623177928000

Jeep Gladiator What does everyone think about the lifespan of the JT model? 1623178818612

Jeep Gladiator What does everyone think about the lifespan of the JT model? 1623178603331

This is the third unibody pickup to enter the market, next to Honda Ridgeline and Hyundai Santa Cruz. It will make Ridgeline look grossly overpriced, IMO.

These compact pickups are likely to change the dynamics in the midsize pickup segment, particularly for more generic models like Ranger, Colorado, Tacoma and Frontier. I think Gladiator is unique enough to stand on its own two feet.

Here is an overview of the new Maverick:
Sponsored

Last edited: