Sponsored

What do you think of this site? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I've been on Jeep forum sites since the late 90s (Jeepsunlimited forum anyone?) and this one is the best. From the format and layout and ease of use and organization to the lack of arguments, it's just great.
Sponsored

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Love this forum. Have a great balance of newbies, solid jeepers, and f&%$ing know-it-alls to make for great sharing. You just have to know what to ignore. Jeep people in general are good people.

And yes, Facebook is a scourge, a plight, a plague, a true boil on the ass of humanity and on a good note, it's also a shit hole

What? I have said for a long time that Facebook and most social media platforms are the de-humanization of society. Never have people been able to speak such horrible things without taking a fist down their pipe or post such horrible pictures without shame. Like the rest of society, there is no accountability.

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Great forum. Lots of good information. I am new to Jeep’s and bought my Gladiator for the convertible top.

Am learning a lot and folks in general seem very knowledgeable and friendly.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I love it, and spend more time on here than I'd like to think about. I get to learn a lot about my truck and how to build it for my use case, while learning about all kids of products I probably wouldn't know about otherwise, or at least not just go off an internet review of. If someone has something here I like, I can ask, and usually get a reliable response.

Also nice to use the member marketplace and local sections to set up trail rides with other gladiators.

Without this site, I'd probably have a fairly stock glad and still enjoy it, but with it I have a new hobby and community.

Also did you know you could set it to a dark theme so it's easier on the eyes?

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Purchased my Gladiator on January 2 and joined the forum the next day. The tips and tricks, the dos and don'ts, which vendors to use and those to avoid, are all priceless. The "What Did You Do To Your Gladiator Today" thread became the Great Enabler. But, I'm single so I only need permission from my banking account.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I think due to the higher cost, the owning demographic is going to be a more mature one on average.
Hmmm…..define mature.
In age or personality? Does not always go hand in hand.🤪

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I've been on Jeep forum sites since the late 90s (Jeepsunlimited forum anyone?) and this one is the best. From the format and layout and ease of use and organization to the lack of arguments, it's just great.
Too many flames over at JU, the servers caught fire and it was over. 😁

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I honestly think this forum is fairly low key and helpful in nature compared to others I have been on over the years. My biggest complaint honestly is there is too many sub forums. Not really a problem when you're searching for a specific subject, but makes it a little harder to mindlessly surf the forum topics. Most of the other forums I'm on or have been on are usually much simpler than this. Again it's not really much of complaint, but it's really the only one I got and most likely is unique to myself.

Other than that it's fairly straight forward, friendly, and useful. The winner for the nicest forum I've ever been on still goes to v4musclebikes.com as it's just a bunch of old guys riding on old v4 Honda motorcycles for the most part. So by default it's super friendly and helpful. It's not even a fair contest. lol. They even have a "pay it forward" page where people give away parts, riding gear, etc. Pretty cool and I wouldn't mind seeing something like that here. I've since sold the bike and no longer frequent the site, but I do miss those folks, really good people right there. Others I'm currently on have the usual people who tell you to use the search feature whenever someone new asks a question which I find to be annoying. Or someone's feelings are always getting hurt and then the mods have to step in and delete posts etc. It's childish and most of the folks over there are probably 40+. I honestly don't think I've seen that here, but those forums have also been active since the mid 2000's so by comparison, we are all new here.

Facebook on the other hand as others have said, is really the opposite. Which is sad because it didn't use to be like that. I joined a bunch of Gladiator groups soon after buying mine in June and I have since un-joined all of them just because the negativity and the look at me people. 100's of daily posts of just people sharing pics of their Gladiator. It was just overload IMO and it just clogged up my feed. You can spend the time and filter that stuff out, but honestly I felt like I got more useful information here and it was easier to search the forum so I just left them. I still have other FB groups that I'm in and enjoy so there is some good from FB like marketplace and what not. But I'm also thinking it may be time to leave after 12 years on the app. Honestly, like with most things, when there are too many people, it quickly goes downhill.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
There is less arguing on this forum because we're all old and too damn tired to fight. Talk about jeeps, have a beer, repeat. Everyone happy.

And yes, Facebook is a scourge, a plight, a plague, a true boil on the ass of humanity and on a good note, it's also a shit hole.
About 5 years ago I was sentenced to 1 week in FB jail for something I posted.
That was the last time I'll ever be in FB jail. I have zero need for it!

Sponsored

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Good: Echo what has already been stated...love the community and general friendliness/open-mindedness.

Bad & Ugly - CAPTCHA...for those that must work through VPN and access this site on work computers, solving a CAPTCHA every single time you click on a page or go back to a previous page is maddening! Even when I am not on VPN I had to solve a CAPTCHA to access this thread (ironic). Once the site does this I tend to logoff for the day until I am using my mobile later at night so it must be directly affecting website traffic (I can't be the only one).

There must be some settings the admins can change to improve this. I would be fine solving CAPTCHAs the first time accessing the site but not for every click.

Cheers

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Other than that it's fairly straight forward, friendly, and useful. The winner for the nicest forum I've ever been on still goes to v4musclebikes.com as it's just a bunch of old guys riding on old v4 Honda motorcycles for the most part. So by default it's super friendly and helpful. It's not even a fair contest. lol. They even have a "pay it forward" page where people give away parts, riding gear, etc. Pretty cool and I wouldn't mind seeing something like that here.
Assuming here - is this what you mean?
Not blatantly obvious, you have to look to find it, so I wonder if some members haven't yet seen it?

Jeep Gladiator What do you think of this site? The good, the bad, and the ugly. JT-forum-pic

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Ive been really happy here. Theres a wealth of good info, we joke around and have a good time, noone feels censored (that ive seen at least) but at the same time, we keep it civil. Ive found myself re-writing posts to avoid cursing and such, not because I feel I have to, but to keep with the general "vibe" of the board.

I really am happy to be here and dont have any complains. Appreciate you all sharing your thoughts, ideas, and good times!

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I agree with all the comments about this being a helpful and informative community with minimal drama and has a fun edge to it.

That said, I’m looking forward to the forum software being updated to support iOS 15 properly. Ever since I upgraded my phone, Safari had all the formatting options greyed out:

E341799A-DA0E-4271-A9A1-6068EBF94AFD.jpeg

It works in other browsers in iOS 15, like Chrome, but I like Safari.
Sponsored