Sponsored

What do you think about the Rough Country tire mount in the back of the Gladiator?

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator What do you think about the Rough Country tire mount in the back of the Gladiator? 7EF69E96-E8EE-4A93-A706-AF61D5A863E2
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiator Girl

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
Its cool butt... now you have a wrangler truck that cant "truck".
My brother said if I need a spare. Going to be hard with a stock spare and 37” tires. Lol. But I truly have never had a flat tire ever. But there is always a first!!!!

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
If I was going to put a spare in the bed I would probably do it in a way that took up the least amount of space. With it like that you couldn’t even fit a couple camping totes or large cooler in the bed let alone use it for truck stuff.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Simple answer..... I hate it!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If you're running the Baja, great.

For semi-normal people, that sucks.

OP
OP
Gladiator Girl

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
My brother said if I need a spare. Going to be hard with a stock spare and 37” tires. Lol. But I truly have never had a flat tire ever. But there is always a first!!!!
I definitely could keep a spare at home just in case!! Rather than mount on Gladiator.
If I was going to put a spare in the bed I would probably do it in a way that took up the least amount of space. With it like that you couldn’t even fit a couple camping totes or large cooler in the bed let alone use it for truck stuff.
Agree. Definitely no room for anything set up that way in pic!Apprec
Simple answer..... I hate it!!!!

(All of you that agree... go ahead and cut and paste my statement above for your own use)
[/QUOTE Appreciate your honesty. Does defeat the purpose of having a truck. Glad to get feed back. May just purchase another rim and 37” tire. Just to have a spare.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
To the OP, if you like the looks, don't plan on using the bed for much, etc. then go for it. Makes it look like you plan to run Dakar.

If you are trying to solve for how to have a full-size 37" spare, there are reports that people have gotten a slightly aired down 37" into the spare well, so you might try that as well.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
or put a 35'' stored under, better than a stock tire to get you help

i agree, the space is better used for other stuff

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiator Girl

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
To the OP, if you like the looks, don't plan on using the bed for much, etc. then go for it. Makes it look like you plan to run Dakar.

If you are trying to solve for how to have a full-size 37" spare, there are reports that people have gotten a slightly aired down 37" into the spare well, so you might try that as well.
Thank you. May have to see about doing that. I do like the look of the spare in the bed. But defeats the purpose of using my Gladiator for home necessities.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to use the bed you'd be better off getting a rear bumper with a spare tire mount (or going with a JL Wrangler which comes from the factory with the spare out back)
Sponsored