Sponsored

What the hell is this stock button which looks like a cruise control on top of a jeep in the snow?! UPDATE Selec - Speed Control (SSC)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
On one other forums I'm on some of us would shut a thread down by having everyone start posting pet photos... I thought about that, a heads up on me I will probably hurt someone feeling's at times it might be unintentionally or not. I do temper some of my responses and just delete others. Some I'm just joking around my sense of humor might not be the same as others.
There is an off-topic thread for those pics

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
The feature is an amazing response to the Tacoma TRD's similar system, which is GREAT. With limited articulation and only a rear locker, it's one of the reason Taco's do so well offroad. You have to be patient, it's very different to managing the clutch and brakes like old farts are used to, but it's a great feature whether Toyota or Jeep.

It was one of the things emphasized by the Jamboree instructors at the Adventure Academy, my wife was so pleased she knew about it already (and the weird loud sounds) because she was ALONE in that in our group! In the Rubicon, each gear is a .6 MPH increment, it's obviously higher with the standard transfer case gearing. My wife also picked a perfect line down a STEEP drop that was intended to give people experience in having a tire lift - kind of a trust/experience exercise to get people recalibrated. Her line didn't lift an axle, again alone in our group.

Jeep obviously knows no-one is familiar with the system, even the Silicon Valley techies with their shiny new Rubicons, so the fact they emphasized it so much gives an idea how useful it is (and how badly salespeople explain features).
Who are you calling an old fart?
I resemble that remark!
The first automatic that I ever drove off-road was the 1984 humvee and it was hard to get used to.
I finally crossed over to the dark side when I converted my 92YJ to an LS-1 350 with a 4L60E automatic. Quite a few people ask me why it has 3 pedals.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I would be scared with that much motor in my 93 YJ!

Who are you calling an old fart?
I resemble that remark!
The first automatic that I ever drove off-road was the 1984 humvee and it was hard to get used to.
I finally crossed over to the dark side when I converted my 92YJ to an LS-1 350 with a 4L60E automatic. Quite a few people ask me why it has 3 pedals.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Worst part about the Jl/ JT platform is all the annoying first timers and image buy ins....

Literally if you dont know what that button is or never smoked a set of brakepads coming down inclines on a decent improperly , you will probably never use the button...
pretty sure I had a range rover with a similiar button but Im in the image category! bought strickly because I saw the AEV brute a few yrs ago and could not pay the price tag! now I have a brute(gladiator) with a diesel on 35"S.. and Im happy about it
Sponsored