Sponsored

What the hell is this stock button which looks like a cruise control on top of a jeep in the snow?! UPDATE Selec - Speed Control (SSC)

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
If it wasn't for first-timers your precious brand would DIE. Attrition.
Yea its mostly replaced by the new school people who go 20” rims on 37’s with a sahara and never go off pavement . Pretty cool crowd. Im sure you’re proud.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
. Who reads manuals anymore?
I'm betting they can't read manuals either. Jeep would have to post to Instagram/Tiktok for them to see it.
Probably how they'll have to attract the next generation to buying vehicles

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
If only these jeeps would come with some sort of book or manual to explain the new features. But we just have to post anonymously on forms to figure out what the functions are on the jeep.

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
5 pages later still talking about a button. The absolute state of what the new Jeep owner has become. I miss the days of
Talking about stroking a 4.0 or even welding in long arm kits and suspension geometry.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
So don't participate. What's so hard about that?

Maybe start a thread about wrenching old school?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
You post comes off quite rude and ignorant for a new member.
Yeah! Save the rude and ignorant insults for those with over 1,000 posts!

;)

Edit: I'm at 915 posts, so I'll be eligible soon!

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like the actual “on topic” conversation was about a page with the question answered on page 1. Then the unfriendly commentary began and took it off the rails for 4 more pages. Hard to judge who the problem is I guess?

Last edited:

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If only these jeeps would come with some sort of book or manual to explain the new features. But we just have to DUPLICATE post anonymously on forums to figure out what the functions are on the jeep.
Fixed it for you

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I tried this button out for the first time this weekend in the fields at my house. Neat, but def a sound and feeling that will take getting some used to. Almost sounds like when ABS kicks in on vehicles.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It is ABS keeping the wheels at the same speed and controlling traction. In older Jeeps, like my 2015, it was simply "hill descent control" and was super useful on mixed-surface downhills that could possibly make the Jeep get sideways. It may have saved me from top damage in a super tight canyon where I had a few inches of clearance and no room to make a single mistake.

In the new Jeeps, it's a full on up/downhill "cruise control" that uses all available traction controls and ABS to keep you sorted. It's just like Toyota's "crawl control" feature.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On one other forums I'm on some of us would shut a thread down by having everyone start posting pet photos... I thought about that, a heads up on me I will probably hurt someone feeling's at times it might be unintentionally or not. I do temper some of my responses and just delete others. Some I'm just joking around my sense of humor might not be the same as others.

Now back On Topic. of "the button" I first tried it in my driveway forward and back I thought it was interesting and could make a total beginner at off-road driving think they know what they are doing. Then get them past their ability and possibly over their heads.... I still do. But it's still thing that is standard now, will I use it maybe sometimes. I did try it out again on a "trail" that had hills loose soil ect ect for a mile or so it made it just turn wheel and steer no other driver input really needed.
Sponsored