First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Manager
Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed, i wasn’t able to find any threads that gave insights/opinions regarding the issue i’m pondering.

i know prices are still a mystery, but i’m having some thoughts... And am unsure of which trim level i should be looking to.

i plan on upgrading the axles eventually, swapping in an Atlas Trans sooner than later, a ORO Swayloc dual rate front swaybar.

Regardless of trim, 35” tires are going to happen.

With that, which one would you go with?

The Rubicon or the Overland (thanks for the corrections)?

Either way the removed parts would be sold for some offset costs.
I just purchased a JT Rubicon, but unlike you plan to keep my D44s, truss both, install RCV front axles and Yukon rear shafts, 5.13 gears, new bearings, Reid Knuckles, new diff covers and skids. If I were you buying a new JT and had in mind to swap out the D44s for D60s I'd go with aftermarket lockers, and sure add an Atlas, but I'd at least be running 40s or more likely 42s. With that in consideration, I'd never waste the money on a Rubicon model. The question to ask is which features are important from the dealer that you wouldn't want to change, like diesel versus gas, leather versus cloth seats, the LED light package, etc.
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I just purchased a JT Rubicon, but unlike you plan to keep my D44s, truss both, install RCV front axles and Yukon rear shafts, 5.13 gears, new bearings, Reid Knuckles, new diff covers and skids. If I were you buying a new JT and had in mind to swap out the D44s for D60s I'd go with aftermarket lockers, and sure add an Atlas, but I'd at least be running 40s or more likely 42s. With that in consideration, I'd never waste the money on a Rubicon model. The question to ask is which features are important from the dealer that you wouldn't want to change, like diesel versus gas, leather versus cloth seats, the LED light package, etc.
Holy thread revival Batman.

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
Holy thread revival Batman.
Maybe he was looking to see a sweet JT with 60’s, Atlas TC and 42’s, sounds BA to me, OP?