Whatcha get for Christmas

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The long Butt handle below the reel is reminiscent of a Spey Rod. If memory serves me, Beulah Fly Rods (Oregon?) have shorter Spey style Rods . About 8 years ago I had one that was, ?, 10ft-4inch 6wt.! Gonna go have to check their website see what's new !? Sure hope that Lamson (I've used the Lamson LiteSpeeds for years) has the drag that holds up over time . I would of gone with a 4.0 something for the line capacity . . . and preferably a Full Frame Reel as a safety factor . KEEP'EM WET ! ;) :like:
I have a 4.0 coming in the mail right now. Sierra trading had one for $149.00, I snapped it up I think they had one left. When fighting Muskies your drag is pretty much your right hand.
Sponsored

John Montana

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator; 2017 Shelby gt350; 2018 Ducati Scrambler
These rods feel more like an 8 or 9 weight 4 pc.
IMG_3801 copy.jpg
IMG_3802 copy.jpg
I like the Lamsom Guru series II 3.5 for a reel. These rods when paired with lines in 375 gr to 450 gr that are heavily forward weighted like SA's Sonar sink 30 Clear intermediate sink tip at 450 gr's really have the ability to punch these big Musky flies out there. Tom Schenk worked with Wi musky guide Brad Bohen to create this rod. I first tried one while fishing with WI guide Steve Wisner, Steve couldn't get it back out of my hands that day. Tom has been selling them as fast as he can make them and sending them all over the country.
Musky are high on my list of “Still need to catch on the fly” fish. My issue anymore is I am a sight fishing snob. If I can’t see if I don’t want to cast! Are you able to sight fish them out there? Been meaning to try some of the WA lakes in the spring where you can sight fish muskies. Just overlaps with my main carp season.

Beautiful rod. I fish mostly 10 wts anymore, but glass rods. I love the Epic bandit by Swift out of New Zealand. I would rather have too much rod than not enough. Love that reel too.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I got a set of front and rear WeatherTech mud flaps and a set of Covercraft Seatsaver seat covers. I installed the seat covers (back and front) today but will have to wait a week before I wash the mud out of the wheel wells to install the mud flaps!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I have a 4.0 coming in the mail right now. Sierra trading had one for $149.00, I snapped it up I think they had one left. When fighting Muskies your drag is pretty much your right hand.
Right Hand ?? Looks like according to the photo with Left hand retrieve, and assuming your Right Handed . . . this would be the correct or shall I say more convenient way to retrieve line and not having to switch hands constantly on the rod as I've seen so many "struggle with" ! Being the way your set up I would think it would be your LEFT hand putting pressure on the spool for "drag effect" ! That's the way I do it when I run into a BIG Runner so as to not have to "mess with" the drag knob - very awkward, as you must know . Why Lines and Big Fish !

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I was gifted a nice dash cam. Pretty cool. It’s the 4G version that will upload video to the cloud when the vehicle is bumped. You can also view the camera remotely from you smartphone. It offers a full 360 degree view. https://www.waylens.com/360/

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I got mud tires, a Hellcat, and a Wildcat XX for when I really want to get serious off road. I was blessed this year.

20191221_145308.jpg

20191225_100904.jpg

Screenshot_20191228-222445_Google.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - if I got a Wildcat like that I'd never get to run it............. I'd have to get my wife out of the driver seat first. Sometimes she's still a kid.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I was gifted a nice dash cam. Pretty cool. It’s the 4G version that will upload video to the cloud when the vehicle is bumped. You can also view the camera remotely from you smartphone. It offers a full 360 degree view. https://www.waylens.com/360/
Looking forward to your install and review postings!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Will see - I used alcohol (rubbing, not Vodka) to clean the bit where the accessories were to be stuck on.
I also keep 3M tape on hand for auto trim and emblems and so on - that stuff is impossible to take off once in place, and I used a little of that in addition to what they supplied.

I used that 3M tape for auto trim and emblems on my restorations. It held a couple of the emblems on my 70 Javelin for 12 years without letting loose, and it's held the trim on my SX4 since 2013 so I'm hopeful.

3M-tape.jpg
American Motors Javelin . . . 2 of them (sold the '70 huh - someone buy their son a christmas present ? Are you old as dirt too - reliving your late teens via the Javelin's ? I was a cocky 19 year old in '70 and I loved the look of that car - couldn't make up my mind though, wether I liked the Plymouth Barracuda or the JAV more ! ? Leaned to the 'Cuda cause the Family was Always into Dodge / Plymouth vehicles . Could you tease (torment me, ha) with a photo of the '73 which you still have ?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my first Javelin, a used 68, when I was in high school - roughly 1974. Bought the 70 in 2005.
Once I bought it, the car had a fair presence online - the members of the forum I operate, seeing it at shows and following the progress as I refreshed things, made it an easy sell. I posted an ad, a fellow from Texas messaged me, said he'd take it. He and his dad coming to look at it was more of a formality, and to pay me and get the title. He hired a transport company to haul it back to Texas.
I may have bought the last of the Pierre Cardin material in existence to restore the interior.

On topic - selling my 70 for space and cash, selling my Chevy pickup got much of the rest of the money for the JT - the rest of the cost was my Christmas present. We're at a point it's hard to know what to get each other, and most of the time if we need something we go get it when we can. She gets a 4 season "sun room". (and a food processor as I remembered her cussing her old cheapy, and an immersion blender to help her make the apple butter I love.)

73-jav-3502.jpg

pc-rear-seat_01.jpg

carbs_15.jpg

Dan1227

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport
So I guess I’ll start the what I got for Christmas.. my wonderful wife found someone who builds custom LEGO sets.. So she got me a mini version of our truck!! She knows me well!

669D4144-9D90-4E8C-8001-43DF4730D952.jpeg
2A40DEDC-1D7E-4BBF-8F33-8CDFF44A4F57.jpeg
Ask your wife where can I get me one of these

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition & 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I got a Synergy track bar/sector shaft brace, SteerSmarts Yeti adjustable front track bar, and a Tazer Mini programmer. I already have a Mopar 2” lift and a set of 37” Cooper STT Pro’s waiting. I just need a set of wheels and then I can finally lift my JT.

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
So I guess I’ll start the what I got for Christmas.. my wonderful wife found someone who builds custom LEGO sets.. So she got me a mini version of our truck!! She knows me well!

669D4144-9D90-4E8C-8001-43DF4730D952.jpeg
2A40DEDC-1D7E-4BBF-8F33-8CDFF44A4F57.jpeg
OMG YAAAASSS!!!! I want Lego to make a technic version of the Gladiator, like they did the two sports car sets. I have both and freaking loved the build! Bonus points if the lego sets had mods you could buy. :DROOOOLLLL:
Sponsored