Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
whats a decent brand lift under $2000. Preferably with shocks and track bar. Want to go with 37s so not sure if 3" is ok.

Called Fabtech today. The guy there said that their 3" will only fit 35s. And 37s i would need to get high clearance fenders. I want to keep my painted ones so wont change them out.

Wheels and tires are ready. Just need to figure out the lift situation.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Clayton's 2.5" Lift is a 2.5" lift on a Rubicon, 3.5" on your truck. Plenty to fit 37s.

Send Clayton a PM on the boards here and ask them about the kit they got for me.

This is with 35*12.5*17 Trail Grapplers

The mechanic who did the work is a top KOH racer and knows the guys at Evo and Metalcloak. The first thing he said when seeing the Clayton kit was 'holy s*** how big is this lift, those springs are huge'.

Jeep Gladiator Whats a decent lift w/ shocks under $2k 1597116814665

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You could do the JKS 3-3.5” lift, with Fox Shocks, and a set of adjustable lower control arms for about $1,800. That’s what this guy is running:

AEE3D016-C98F-4B13-B33E-B7FB91DB60B4.jpeg

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clayton's 2.5" Lift is a 2.5" lift on a Rubicon, 3.5" on your truck. Plenty to fit 37s.

Send Clayton a PM on the boards here and ask them about the kit they got for me.

This is with 35*12.5*17 Trail Grapplers

The mechanic who did the work is a top KOH racer and knows the guys at Evo and Metalcloak. The first thing he said when seeing the Clayton kit was 'holy s*** how big is this lift, those springs are huge'.

Jeep Gladiator Whats a decent lift w/ shocks under $2k AEE3D016-C98F-4B13-B33E-B7FB91DB60B4
They are some very beefy springs :muscle:

Sponsored

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
Have you seen Rusty’s lift? Pretty complete for $900, and gives you room to get whatever shocks you want.

Jeep Gladiator Whats a decent lift w/ shocks under $2k 3E3D6835-40D7-4C53-AF28-D3901CEFFEAB

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I have this lift on my Rubicon with 37s and it is a great lift. I kept the stock Rubicon shocks and got extension brackets. Go with stage 2 and get the front lower control arms and track bars. The coils are stiff enough to significantly reduce the droop from tongue weight towing my travel trailer but soft enough that my wife says the truck drives smoother over bumps. Since I didn't change the shocks must be the coils. Only issue is that the height might be tight with 37s without the high fenders. Perfect fit with the Rubicon fenders though.

Jeep Gladiator Whats a decent lift w/ shocks under $2k IMG_2264

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
whats a decent brand lift under $2000. Preferably with shocks and track bar. Want to go with 37s so not sure if 3" is ok.

Called Fabtech today. The guy there said that their 3" will only fit 35s. And 37s i would need to get high clearance fenders. I want to keep my painted ones so wont change them out.

Wheels and tires are ready. Just need to figure out the lift situation.
Follow what @j.o.y.ride ride said & talk to @Clayton Off Road. I dont know what that lift cost's since its not listed on their website yet, but the Clayton 2.5 is more then enough for 37's. They sit very high for the listed number. I believe Evo is the same in that regard, but with the price difference of the 2 brands Clayton is almost certainly the better bang for buck when your trying to stay under a budget. Found last weekend that my Clayton 2.5 is much taller then another very popular brand's 3.5 & it got me looking into how measurements are made & there inst a standard so you gotta look at each specific brand & see what they take there measurement off of so dont get too wrapped up in the advertised lift amount.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Follow what @j.o.y.ride ride said & talk to @Clayton Off Road. I dont know what that lift cost's since its not listed on their website yet, but the Clayton 2.5 is more then enough for 37's. They sit very high for the listed number. I believe Evo is the same in that regard, but with the price difference of the 2 brands Clayton is almost certainly the better bang for buck when your trying to stay under a budget. Found last weekend that my Clayton 2.5 is much taller then another very popular brand's 3.5 & it got me looking into how measurements are made & there inst a standard so you gotta look at each specific brand & see what they take there measurement off of so dont get too wrapped up in the advertised lift amount.
I should go get some more measurements but I was +4" or so with the 2.5" kit. Reason being it needs to actually be 2.5" even with some heavier gear on the truck, and 2.5" for the Rubicon which starts a bit higher. It over delivers.

Pricing... The kit I have you can +/- back into it based on the full 2.5" Overland kit and back out the rear arms and one front arm and add back the shocks and a small adjustment for JKS front sway disconnects. It will get what he is after.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Just measured my end result with my EVO 2.5” with 37s and a LOD front bumper with winch. 22.5” front slider and 23” rear slider measured from the ground to the bottom of the stock slider.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just measured my end result with my EVO 2.5” with 37s and a LOD front bumper with winch. 22.5” front slider and 23” rear slider measured from the ground to the bottom of the stock slider.
Can you get measurements from center of hub to top of bed & top of hood. I cant think of any better place where apples to apples can be compared since different tires, fenders, slider, bumpers etc kinda screw up any place else. I will do the same for my Clayton 2.5 when I am off work today.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get measurements from center of hub to top of bed & top of hood. I cant think of any better place where apples to apples can be compared since different tires, fenders, slider, bumpers etc kinda screw up any place else. I will do the same for my Clayton 2.5 when I am off work today.
tough to measure that as it isn’t even with each surface and hood has different heights with the air dams and windshield mounts.It would be easier to just measure center of each fender and then measure the tires and subtract that out. My understanding is the rubicon is exactly 1” higher fender. So here it goes:

front center fender edge- 44.5”
Front tire - 36”
Rear fender center at edge - 44”
Rear tire - 36”

Another measure - bottom of driver side mirror - 56”

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
tough to measure that as it isn’t even with each surface and hood has different heights with the air dams and windshield mounts.It would be easier to just measure center of each fender and then measure the tires and subtract that out. My understanding is the rubicon is exactly 1” higher fender. So here it goes:

front center fender edge- 44.5”
Front tire - 36”
Rear fender center at edge - 44”
Rear tire - 36”

Another measure - bottom of driver side mirror - 56”
lol I can’t compare to any of that

3A9D24B4-E6DF-43E3-B855-DA7AE1FEA42D.jpeg

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Based on another thread a non rubicon just subtract 1” for the lower fenders.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on another thread a non rubicon just subtract 1” for the lower fenders.
Yeah my fenders are much taller then rubicon which is why I was saying the hood and bed. Oh well we tried.
Sponsored