First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
If this is the case, I just build a Freedom Package and Rubicon with the steel bumpers, both with hardtops and the same options (pretty loaded, but the standard seats) and it comes up with the Freedom as being more expensive at $61,430 vs $61,195 for the Rubicon.

Not possible.
I just built a Mojave out that was right at $55K with aux switches, black hard top, body colored fenders, cold weather package. Think I know what I'm doing now that the Freedom pricing is out.
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Something is amis on the build and price, and I am not buy-ing the hard top being standard on the Rubicon...

If this is the case, I just build a Freedom Package and Rubicon with the steel bumpers, both with hardtops and the same options (pretty loaded, but the standard seats) and it comes up with the Freedom as being more expensive at $61,430 vs $61,195 for the Rubicon.

Not possible.
I agree. I can't believe they would give away a $1600+ hard top. But, someone could go in right now and the dealer would have to accept. We'll see when (and if) they send out the price list.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Is that bad?
I guess if one did not want the trailer package but the aux switches. I just kind of find this stuff a bit of a douche move to do forced bundling. If the aux switches are that important, then make it part of the trailer package upfront.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed another change. Picking the Aux Switch packages now forces you to have a trailer package added.
And that kind of makes sense since the only real difference is the receiver and perhaps the fan.
The aux switches got you the bigger alternator and a larger battery already. So there's hardly any difference between the two packages.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
And that kind of makes sense since the only real difference is the receiver and perhaps the fan.
The aux switches got you the bigger alternator and a larger battery already. So there's hardly any difference between the two packages.
But they do not force the aux switches if one selects a tow package.

I get the common equipment but if they force a tow package when selecting the aux switches, there should be a bundled savings.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
But, someone could go in right now and the dealer would have to accept.
No they wouldn't. The website doesn't mean jack, it's the dealer ordering system that matters. Very rarely do they align. If it's not "included" in Jeeps ordering banks, then it's not included, regardless of what you see on the website.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
No they wouldn't. The website doesn't mean jack, it's the dealer ordering system that matters. Very rarely do they align. If it's not "included" in Jeeps ordering banks, then it's not included, regardless of what you see on the website.
Then I assume that the 2023 order sheet isn't out yet, so it's all speculation at this point.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I can't believe they would give away a $1600+ hard top. But, someone could go in right now and the dealer would have to accept. We'll see when (and if) they send out the price list.
No, even the disclaimers and fine print leave outs. That's a really lame site and is more often wrong than correct. I never put any stock into it. Even the pricing has differed from the dealer pricing. It's just "examples" or the ability to play what-if and get close. The prices and options are no guarantee and they reserve the right to be wrong and even very wrong any time they want.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But they do not force the aux switches if one selects a tow package.

I get the common equipment but if they force a tow package when selecting the aux switches, there should be a bundled savings.
There may be when we finally get the real info and not just the lame oft-wrong consumer build your own Jeep stuff.
They were VERY wrong about my wife's Grand Cherokee - said that a full size spare/wheel came with the tow package.
So I had the tow package ordered.
Guess what............ yeah, the web site was wrong.
I put very little stock in that Jeep dot com site as much as I've played what-if on it, every single time it's been wrong about something.
When I took the stuff I had from that site where I built example Overlands this summer - the site didn't remove prices for duplicates but when the dealer plugged in the same info, he saw $0 for some stuff and the final result for the dealer's MSRP was over $1,000 lower than that site.

So I guess - sorry, I don't see anything new or different or weird here.
Looks like same old stuff.
Some of the stuff from the 70s and 80s wasn't much better.
I have order sheets and dealer guides from AMC/Jeep from the 70s and some combinations were strange.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
strange that gorilla glass is on the 2023 features but not on the build page as an option. https://www.jeep.com/2023/gladiator/exterior.html

When i placed my order at Gupton I had included it as an option that i wanted but when i went back to look at the quote they sent me it was not included. Still waiting to see what the issue is.
The build site for consumers isn't always up to speed.
The dealer order screen is god on what you can really get or not.
I'd contact them, or for that matter, any dealer.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Your dealer is going to have the ground truth. Just think the dealers could order 23MY before the broken jeep.com site was "updated" hell jeep.com does even show the color option for High Velocity yet, but it's on my build sheet