Wheel offset on Mojave

Planerdude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Recently bought a 2021 Mojave. Just Installed 35/12.5/17 BFG's a/t on the stock wheels which are 7.5" wide with a 34mm offset. (I know they are out of spec).
I wanted to see the clearance with the stock wheel offset. I seem to have no problems, no rubbing. Mopar makes the stock wheel in an 8.5" wide verson, but it has a 12mm offset. My question is, who makes a 8.5 to 9 inch x 17 wheel with the 34mm offset?
Sponsored

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I haven't seen any aftermarket wheels with that high of a positive offset. The closest would be a few in the +25 range, such as AEV wheels.

Also, Mojave factory wheel is 17x7.5 +37.17 offset, not +34.

Jeep Gladiator Wheel offset on Mojave factory-wheels

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
When you go with a wider wheel, half the difference in width can be added to the offset for comparison purposes. So the 8½" wide wheels have an offset difference of ~13mm compared to the 7½" wide wheels.

Last edited:

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Go to a web page that has an offset calculator, and compare a 7.5" wide wheel to a 9" wide wheel.

A 7.5" wide wheel with an offset of 37 mm will have the same inside spacing as an 8.5" wide wheel with an offset of 24 mm

A 7.5" wide wheel with an offset of 37 mm will have the same inside spacing as a 9" wide wheel with an offset of 18 mm.

A 7.5" wide wheel with an offset of 37 mm will have the same inside spacing as a 10" wide wheel with an offset of 5 mm

Last edited:

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave -
Have yet to purchase, but soon. ASAP!

So, I’m absolutely planning on running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 255/85R17. On the stock Mojave wheels, they’d not have an aggressive look at all, I’m assuming. Not even make it to the edge of the outer most fender line??
Well, talking with the Jeep specialty shop here (Unlimited OffRoad) and Belle Tire, they both tell me I’m OK to mount said tires on 17x8.5” wheel (& more even). I know that said Mickey Thompson tire’s on-wheel spec range is 6.5-8.0”, but my question is… Raceline Clutch 17x8.5” wheels… is 0 offset going to be enough? Too much?? I don’t really know and of course want to find my perfect set up in one shot, putting the tires just out from underneath the outer most fender line.

Thought(s)? Advice??

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes, I know… this is not the “norm” and the Jeep specifically shop already threw out “skipped leg day” repeatedly, amongst other words. “Skimpy, etc.
Haha! I don’t care. It’s my plan and my build. Makes me not really want to do business with them, but whatever.

Also, this was not the proper place to post, apologies.That too I don’t really know.

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

I am not challenging you. I am sincerely curious. Why you want to put a tire that is 1 inch narrower than a stock Mojave tire on your Gladiator??

Just curious. Honestly.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
You will get varied opinions about tire width but I think for any type of off road use wider is better than narrow but get what you want. If you do a search you will find a number of different offsets. I wanted minimum poke so I went with an AEV with +25 and worked out well. I like this calculator that show what the various offsets will do. I think as long as you stay with the stock +37 or less you should have the clearance you need.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/