Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@Planerdude stop listening to some these guys who are saying wheel spacers are dangerous. 20 some odd years of wheeling with guys running them including myself and I'm yet to see one fail as long as it's the type you mount the wheel to not the slide on type, I have saw those crack before. You will not have to replace your wheel studs either period. If your talking about running the slide on spacers then good luck. As far as being fine, you will fine as far as your wheel studs go.
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
@Planerdude stop listening to some these guys who are saying wheel spacers are dangerous. 20 some odd years of wheeling with guys running them including myself and I'm yet to see one fail as long as it's the type you mount the wheel to not the slide on type, I have saw those crack before. You will not have to replace your wheel studs either period. If your talking about running the slide on spacers then good luck. As far as being fine, you will fine as far as your wheel studs go.
OP isn't asking about those, they're asking about the discs you sandwich between hub and wheel. Those spacers are a piece of crap and I've made a lot of money in the past from customers complaining about vibration issues that are almost always those stupid discs anytime they rear their head.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
OP isn't asking about those, they're asking about the discs you sandwich between hub and wheel. Those spacers are a piece of crap and I've made a lot of money in the past from customers complaining about vibration issues that are almost always those stupid discs anytime they rear their head.
Your right and those are the ones I was saying I would not put on anything.

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
So tell me why, given 2 tires @ 12.5 inches wide, on 2 wheels with the same +37mm offset,
one wheel @ 7.5" wide and the other wheel @ 8.5" wide, the dimension of the tire to the inside of the Gladiator does not change? See attached pic and tell me what is wrong.
The only change is the backspacing, not the clearance of the tire to the control arms or shocks.

e0I4DUhyRQ6W5mX7EDCqYQ.jpg
I would never tell you that... because it wouldn't be true.

If you increase your backspacing your tire will inevitably be closer to your control arms and shocks. Sure... it will be absolutely negligible and it will be the sidewall that's closer not the inside lugs (you will still have bulge in the sidewall with a 12.5" tire on an 8.5" rim)... but closing that gap is closing that gap. I'm telling you man... you're overthinking this. We're not slamming our Hondas and stretching tires to create clearance on our fenders. There's nothing wrong with that, to each their own, BUT... it's a completely different thought process when you're talking about lifted Jeeps that SHOULD be taken off pavement.
Sponsored