Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
  • Banned
I use mine like a truck and a Jeep and it works great for both. Jeeps have always needed maintenance and repair to keep them alive and that’s the fun part.
That’s why Jeepers started to wave at each other because they knew that other driver was a like-minded self-reliant and capable person that got their hands dirty to keep doing the things they love and go where only they could go.
Used to wave or acknowledge a driver of another lifted or tough rig no matter the brand.
I stopped waving at every Jeep because it became a brand thing.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I think it's a misconception that only jeeps wave to other jeeps, and that it's because of how harsh and rugged they used to be. But when I had a Subaru STi, all the WRX and STI owners waved at each other. BRZs too. When I had a VW GLi, Gti and GLI owners waved. When I drive my old bug, I get waves from other vws, and especially other bugs. It's just a comraderie thing for me.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I find myself waving at Jeeps when I drive my wife's vehicle :no:

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
if i'm being honest, i wave just so i don't feel like the asshole who didn't wave back. I used to only wave back, but then i noticed people started waiting til the last second to wave and by the time i saw it they were gone.

Personally, i could care less about the wave, i just don't want to be rude.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I wasn't into it that much until I read up on it. One of the origins of the wave goes back to the end of WW2. American forces in Jeeps, meeting each other on the roads of liberated Europe, would wave the ✌ victory sign to each other and to the locals as they passed.
That's a connection to a great moment in history and worth honoring.

Jeep Gladiator When, and Why, I used to wave… OGJeepWave_blog1

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I wasn't into it that much until I read up on it. One of the origins of the wave goes back to the end of WW2. American forces in Jeeps, meeting each other on the roads of liberated Europe, would wave the ✌ victory sign to each other and to the locals as they passed.

Even more of a reason to do it! I usually do anyway. Hate when I catch one as I'm going by and wonder if they saw my last second wave back.

Saw a sticker on a windshield on a Wrangler the other day, said "Wave Damnit!"

Sponsored

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
Yeah, I definitely wave for the comradarie. I did the same when in other vehicles with similar "ecosystems" like the Miata. Around here, I didn't ever have the risk of getting sore waving to other Miata drivers. There are tons of Jeeps though, my waving hand can get a little sore. :)

FRAWLZLINE

First Name
MATTHEW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
DCJR SALES AND LEASING CONSULATANT

This...this is the real story. Not because it was like minded people that were as rugged as the vehicle and knew you could handle working on it or handle off-roading. It was/is because of the vehicle's heritage.

DickensCPA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Avalanche / 2004 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CPA
if i'm being honest, i wave just so i don't feel like the asshole who didn't wave back. I used to only wave back, but then i noticed people started waiting til the last second to wave and by the time i saw it they were gone.

Personally, i could care less about the wave, i just don't want to be rude.
LOL! I'm kinda like you. I also ride Harleys and the Harley wave kinda morphed into a wave at all bikes thing. If I'm on my bike by myself going somewhere and I pass a big group ride, each rider acts like I need to give them an individual wave.

Usually what happens with me in the Jeep is I'll see someone and wave and don't get a wave back or someone catches me off guard and they're past me before I can fire one off and I feel like a butt.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
It used to be, as recent as 15 years ago, that you could drive an hour in your CJ/YJ/TJ/whatever and not see another Jeep at all.

With the advent of the 4 door JK, which was an unarguably good move by Chrysler, everybody that needs to haul the kids but doesn't want to surrender to the crossover has one. In addition to the drastically higher sales, they're almost all daily driven. You don't have people buying and parking their Jeeps as weekend adventure rigs nearly as often.

As a result it just totally lost it's charm for me. Nothing stands out to me about passing another Jeep on my drive, since there are so many of them. I'll wave back if you wave and I see you... but I'm not looking out.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I wave and sometimes folks wave back and sometimes they don't. All good cause I never know if they saw me wave or were focused on something else. Hell I even wave at Bronco Owners which I wonder if it freaks them out cause I had one of them give me a strange look one day (LOL)
Sponsored