Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
So I have more than a few weeks to plan my trip, but when I fly out to TN to pick up my JTRD from Gupton I want to do as many trails as I can on the way back to here in CA. I am planning on doing Rubicon on the way home. I use to live in Tahoe, but live in the bay area now. But I have done the trail enough times that I think I can do it stock with the go arounds. I was in Moab in Aug doing bike riding and hiking and saw some amazing trails by slick rock so I figure I would maybe try and hit that as well on the way back. But thats the farthest East that I have gone with 4 wheeling. So with that said. Does anybody know what I can straight off the show room floor. Since Im flying out I am not going to have any recovery equipment with me. I might pack a strap or 2 in my carry on. I am going to be on the stock 33 MTs. While I dont mind some scrapes on my skids or rock rails I DO NOT REALLY WANT TO HAVE ANY TRAIL DAMAGE to the paint or anything like that. If its to hairy I will just back it down, but I also dont want to spend hours going out of my way just to find out that I cant make it up the trail. I am planning on taking 4-7 days maybe a bit more for the trip home. But if theres some fantastic trails that I can hit on the way that would be awesome. I will probably be going up to Ohio/Michigan to drop off my dad and friend who lives out that way. I am trying to get some friends to drive out and meet up with me in UT and so we can have a train and drive back. In which case they will be slightly modified Tacoma and Silverado. Once I get to the Rubicon I can have alot of my friends meet me up there since many are just a few miles away.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not going to do the Rubicon without damage. That said, if you stop in Ouray, Colorado and Moab, Ut you can knockout a ton of badges and not get damage. See list below for reference.
Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD C05D77CE-FDC1-4E2B-8AAE-3B072709905B

Lost_In_The_Woods

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Engineer Pass is a fairly easy run. I managed to do it in a stock JTRD that was overloaded for camping with a handful of scraps to the bottom.

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Did fins n things a couple of weeks ago in a stock jtr. You will need a spotter in a few spots. Used the hitch skid a LOT and factory transfer case skid (bar) a few times but not bad.

Sponsored

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Also, did not air down below 35 to keep as much clearance as I could. Traction was not a problem

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
While not a bade of honor has anybody done White Rim Road in Canyonlands? I think I will be doing that one as well

bridluz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Billet Silver
Snake in Hot Springs ORV is very doable stock. I just did it last weekend and a stock JT Willy's followed me with no issues.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Ophir and Imogene were easy. If you like shelf roads. Do Ophir from the Ouray side and run it to Telluride. There is one stretch of shelf road that is about 3/4 mile. From the top there is a spot you can look down the whole stretch. There is ZERO room for two vehicles to pass each other on this part. If you see a vehicle, wait.... If it's clear go for it.

Then you go into Telluride and take Imogene back. The views are spectacular. We did not get to do Black Bear or Engineer on the last trip due to some weather concerns.

65367932905__B1487DAE-7483-484A-8530-DBBBE92C441D.jpg

tempImageiipkk7.png

tempImageLUKngJ.png

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
While not a bade of honor has anybody done White Rim Road in Canyonlands? I think I will be doing that one as well
Yup, easy, very easy.

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Since you’ll be in TN you could hit Winrock, then on the TN/KY border hit Turkey Bay. Head up to Indiana and knock out 4 alone in Redbird RSA. I’m headed there in a few weeks since it isn’t far for me. In any case, in total that’d be like 8. (3 in Winrock, 4 in Redbird, 1 at Turkey Bay). All within a couple hundred miles of each and not really going out of the way too much

As far as a hitting them with a stock Rubi, I’d say go for it. I am (at least the ones in Redbird) and all I have is a stock Rubi suspension on my JTO no lockers etc. So you’d have a better chance than me lol.

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Since you’ll be in TN you could hit Winrock, then on the TN/KY border hit Turkey Bay. Head up to Indiana and knock out 4 alone in Redbird RSA. I’m headed there in a few weeks since it isn’t far for me. In any case, in total that’d be like 8. (3 in Winrock, 4 in Redbird, 1 at Turkey Bay). All within a couple hundred miles of each and not really going out of the way too much

As far as a hitting them with a stock Rubi, I’d say go for it. I am (at least the ones in Redbird) and all I have is a stock Rubi suspension on my JTO no lockers etc. So you’d have a better chance than me lol.

That would work for me since my dad is doing some consulting in Ohio and am then planning on driving from Ohio to Michigan to see an old friend and then drive west and try and hit glacier, yellowstone, badlands, back to Moab to hit some trails, and then to the Rubicon and home.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
If you’re going through MO - Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR) near Seymore,MO has two easy badges; Pee Wee’s Crossing and Guard Rail.

did both stock sport s(in dry weather).

Only damage was a (tiny) slice in a tire but I toss that to dumb luck plus the factory Bridgestones.

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
If you’re going through MO - Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR) near Seymore,MO has two easy badges; Pee Wee’s Crossing and Guard Rail.

did both stock sport s(in dry weather).

Only damage was a (tiny) slice in a tire but I toss that to dumb luck plus the factory Bridgestones.
awesome thanks for the tip. Ill be on factory MT rubber too.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
The Badge of Honor app has a bunch of good reviews of all the trails. Also, there are a ton of YouTube videos of many of the trails, so you can see what they actually look like before you attempt.
Sponsored