Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Just hit redbird SRA the other day in my "semi" stock Overland. Able to do 5 and 3 with little to no issues. 3X was a bit of a problem along with 2X. Did what I could. But without a winch or someone with one its a wrap.
Sponsored

Deleted member 22728

Schnebly Hill, Sedona, AZ. You'll roll a few 8" plus rocks underneath, but perfectly doable.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
So I have more than a few weeks to plan my trip, but when I fly out to TN to pick up my JTRD from Gupton I want to do as many trails as I can on the way back to here in CA. I am planning on doing Rubicon on the way home. I use to live in Tahoe, but live in the bay area now. But I have done the trail enough times that I think I can do it stock with the go arounds. I was in Moab in Aug doing bike riding and hiking and saw some amazing trails by slick rock so I figure I would maybe try and hit that as well on the way back. But thats the farthest East that I have gone with 4 wheeling. So with that said. Does anybody know what I can straight off the show room floor. Since Im flying out I am not going to have any recovery equipment with me. I might pack a strap or 2 in my carry on. I am going to be on the stock 33 MTs. While I dont mind some scrapes on my skids or rock rails I DO NOT REALLY WANT TO HAVE ANY TRAIL DAMAGE to the paint or anything like that. If its to hairy I will just back it down, but I also dont want to spend hours going out of my way just to find out that I cant make it up the trail. I am planning on taking 4-7 days maybe a bit more for the trip home. But if theres some fantastic trails that I can hit on the way that would be awesome. I will probably be going up to Ohio/Michigan to drop off my dad and friend who lives out that way. I am trying to get some friends to drive out and meet up with me in UT and so we can have a train and drive back. In which case they will be slightly modified Tacoma and Silverado. Once I get to the Rubicon I can have alot of my friends meet me up there since many are just a few miles away.
They have difficulty ratings on the app as well as reviews.

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Got these in today. Now just where to put them.

20211130_185818.jpg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got these in today. Now just where to put them.

Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD 20211130_185818
You did the rubicon stock? Impressive. Any body damage to share?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
You did the rubicon stock? Impressive. Any body damage to share?
We shall use that word loosely. Lets just say I wheeled it just how I got it from Guptons hahahaha. Mopar 2in lift and 37s. I went up to caddy hill and back. Its 7 miles from my parents house so Ive done it a time or 2 before which obviously helps.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We shall use that word loosely. Lets just say I wheeled it just how I got it from Guptons hahahaha. Mopar 2in lift and 37s. I went up to caddy hill and back. Its 7 miles from my parents house so Ive done it a time or 2 before which obviously helps.
Ah. Yeah. 37’s is not stock. :). Hope it was fun. Did you regear for the 37’s?

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Ah. Yeah. 37’s is not stock. :). Hope it was fun. Did you regear for the 37’s?
Nope those are my only mods, besides a dash cam

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nope those are my only mods, besides a dash cam
I guess the diesel probably makes up for the gearing a little. Any power problems with 37’s and 4:10 gears?

Average-Joe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Black Gap - Big Bend Texas was an easy badge of honor trail.
Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD CAD66079-EAED-41EC-82E3-E00E2E4D5210

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I guess the diesel probably makes up for the gearing a little. Any power problems with 37’s and 4:10 gears?
Im on 373s and nope has not me wanting more. But I also know that its Jeep and not my hot rod so I treat it as such.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
We just did Big Bear "Badge of Honor", Holcomb Creek Trail this past Saturday. It is a fantastic, beautiful, long, hard, trail. We did not get out until it was dark, and we started around 10 am. Lots of big boulders and Rock Gardens. I have plenty of armor, 37's, and 3.5 inch lift. Expect scrapes, and rock sliders are almost mandatory. We had great spotters and got through without real breakage. Personally, I would not attempt it stock, but, it can be done with a great spotter and moving rocks I guess. Here is a pic that Ron (averagetacoguy) took of us completing the trail and coming through the last obstacle. Love this pic.

Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD I8IQhf

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. I’m not a massive fan of shelf roads, but the rest of black bear looks like it’s worth it. What’s included in the list. Imogene, engineer? Can the whole loop be done in one day, or camp one night?
Agreed. Black bear will scare me, but I’m still doing it.
Sponsored