Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
How hard is Top of the World? Could I do it in a few hours? I am in Burlington right now and plan to get up and drive to moab maybe. I am trying to meet a friend at Provo for dinner. And then stay at SLC before heading home Thurs.
Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
How hard is Top of the World? Could I do it in a few hours? I am in Burlington right now and plan to get up and drive to moab maybe. I am trying to meet a friend at Provo for dinner. And then stay at SLC before heading home Thurs.
Top of the World is one of the easier trails around there. You shouldn't have any issues in a stock Rubicon JT. There are a few spots where you can take a tough line, so just go around if you're uncomfortable.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

If you're in Provo, they actually have really good Indian food if you want to give Bombay House a try, another good option is a restaurant called Communal.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
We just ran Gold Mountain in Big Bear (badge of honor) with a few Gladiators (35s to 37s), and it is the easiest badge of honor trail of the 3 in Big Bear.

There is an optional "gate keeper" at the beginning of the trail where the rocks have been moved around a lot and it is harder than the obstacles on the trail. So, if you bypass the gate keeper and keep the easy lines and bypasses, you will only scrap your wheels, control arm brackets (frame side), shock mounts, maybe a few braces up by the frame, etc... with 35 inch tires.
I have 37s and 3.5 inch lift and I scraped 2 of my wheels, both my rear control arm skids at the frame, and both my diff skids. Nothing major, just some small scrapes I re-paint with black.
Personally, I would not try any of the Big Bear badge of honor trails with 33s. Mainly, control arm skids, shock skids, diff covers, diff skids take some scrapes with 35s, so, if you do not have those skids, your brackets will suffer, especially the rear control arm brackets -- note: damage to those rear control arm brackets (at the frame) are easy to see when you are looking at the side of the truck, so, I recommend control arm skids n(at the frame) as the number one Skid item to get. They are also cheap.
Note2: All my 4 wheeling with 33s and 37s, those rear control arm skids at the frame get the most hits --- they are really worth it, and you really do not want to bend any of those brackets. Here is a pic of Gold Mountain.

Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD BHGPkf

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Was 15 min late for sunset but I did snap a few good pics with the drone. I did scrape a bit. Going down at night.... not the best idea. Our trail GPS is bullshit I thought it would leave crumbs for me to follow back like my gallon. No such luck. Luckily BOH was able to connect on my phone and I was able to get back to the staying point after I went down a SXS trail doh

20211117_203217.jpg

20211117_175329.jpg

20211117_175256.jpg

20211117_174040.jpg

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Ophir and Imogene were easy. If you like shelf roads. Do Ophir from the Ouray side and run it to Telluride. There is one stretch of shelf road that is about 3/4 mile. From the top there is a spot you can look down the whole stretch. There is ZERO room for two vehicles to pass each other on this part. If you see a vehicle, wait.... If it's clear go for it.

Then you go into Telluride and take Imogene back. The views are spectacular. We did not get to do Black Bear or Engineer on the last trip due to some weather concerns.

Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD 20211117_174040

Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD 20211117_174040

Very cool, i know its an old thread, what tires are on there

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I'm running 35x11.5 Nitto Trail grapplers.
Cool thanks, they look much bigger for some reason, like 37s. How did they perform on the trails out there

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
They do great. It's because they are narrow. bit of an optical illusion.

Cool thanks, they look much bigger for some reason, like 37s. How did they perform on the trails out there
35s.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Heres some drone pics of last night. Super impressed with the DJI Mini

DJI_0176.JPG

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Just got back to my parents cabin in Tahoe after doing Rubicon. Got to caddy hill

IMG_20211119_211608_344.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave