Sponsored

Which manufacturer for 4.88 gears and where to buy?

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Dana will be the best/most consistent. That's not to say that they other guys don't make good gears, I just find that Dana's are less likely to have a setup issue.
Some shops will throw Dana gears in their own boxes.
Sponsored

Henson002098

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Just FYI... I ordered Yukon 4.88 from Randy's with master install kit. Had them installed by Exodus Offroad in Texas, followed all break in rules, rear end is howling like crazy between 45-58mph, both on acceleration and deceleration. Took it back and they told me it is set up correctly (these do these all day, everyday) they said it's the Yukon gears, now made in China, they have ate and replaced 7 sets in a row, they no longer sell them. Yukon this morning was Zero help, wanted pictures, video ect. Gears are functioning, just noise as heck. Long story short, I have to now buy new gears and pay for install again. Buy your gear from the installer ( warranty ease) use Dana, Revolution or G2's, I'd skip Yukon for now

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI... I ordered Yukon 4.88 from Randy's with master install kit. Had them installed by Exodus Offroad in Texas, followed all break in rules, rear end is howling like crazy between 45-58mph, both on acceleration and deceleration. Took it back and they told me it is set up correctly (these do these all day, everyday) they said it's the Yukon gears, now made in China, they have ate and replaced 7 sets in a row, they no longer sell them. Yukon this morning was Zero help, wanted pictures, video ect. Gears are functioning, just noise as heck. Long story short, I have to now buy new gears and pay for install again. Buy your gear from the installer ( warranty ease) use Dana, Revolution or G2's, I'd skip Yukon for now
My installer said the same. They never install or sell Yukon for this reason. Mine are Dana.

Henson002098

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
What brand did you end up going with SummitDan?

Okambot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave White
Occupation
E&I Tech Oil Field
I just had Revolution 5.13s installed at Exodus and they told me the same thing about Yukon and they won’t support their products anymore because of issues they had with them.

Sponsored

Vtac2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT rubicon , 18 GC Trackhawk
As said before, Yukon is now poor quality Chinese metal, and shops at times will have difficulty setting them up. It’s a crap shoot if they get a decent set or an problem set. I ran Yukon 513’s in my JK for 10 years of hard wheelin and never had a problem, but the quality is definitely downhill now.

Some reputable shops refuse to use them even though they sell them. Dana is OEM quality and American made from what I’ve been told by said differential shops. Dana all the way. Get what you pay for……

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase