Sponsored

Solo trip on broken arrow

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I will be out in AZ visiting family next month. I'm wondering how doable broken arrow would be solo without a spot or buddy with winch. Won't have any friends along this trip.
Sponsored

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I don't think I've ever needed a spot out there, just follow the tire marks on the rocks and you'll be fine. Shouldn't be a problem at all. There will also be many Pink Jeeps out there.

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Piece of cake, if you get in trouble there will be plenty of Pink jeep tours to help you out of any situation, also you can follow them and might be able to hear the drivers narration, good luck and enjoy. Be sure to walk up to submarine rock

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
As stated, traffic on that trail will be bumper to bumper with pink jeeps.. If you go to Barlows Jeep rental, they will give you a map of the local trails as well.

Sponsored

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
For Soldiers Pass you will need a permit, it’s very scenic and very very short. Broken Arrow is the most scenic and my personal favorite of all the trails that I’ve done. If you have time do greasy spoon, homestead trail ( about a 1/2 mile hike from where you park to walk down to the creek) take Verde valley school road west all the way to the end about 4.5 miles from 179, at the creek it’s the most photographed spot in sedona

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I will be out in AZ visiting family next month. I'm wondering how doable broken arrow would be solo without a spot or buddy with winch. Won't have any friends along this trip.
When will you be out there? I've been thinking of hitting that trail with my JT. I've done other trails, but not that one yet. Seems quite doable.

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes, but it's a pretty cool little trail. Make sure to hit all of the side areas and don't forget you need a permit which you can get at recreation.gov in advance.
Got my permit a couple months ago so I'm ready there.
When will you be out there? I've been thinking of hitting that trail with my JT. I've done other trails, but not that one yet. Seems quite doable.
I'll be out the last week of July. On the fence about going out to sedona due to gas(I'll be in tucson) but hoping it'll be doable.

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I'll be out the last week of July. On the fence about going out to sedona due to gas(I'll be in tucson) but hoping it'll be doable.
I’m in Tucson. Not sure if I’ll be available, but send me a message when you’re here and maybe we can do Rice Peak or something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My son and his family will be moving to Tucson this fall. I will be plaining a trip out there in the spring. Looking forward to it. It will be different than the beach and trails in Fl.
You're going to have a blast.
Sponsored