Sponsored

Which second vehicles compliment the gladiator best?

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I love my gladiator and don’t plan to to get rid of it anytime soon. However its not the most comfortable vehicle and drive a lot during the week which cost me over $5000 in fuel last year.

I’m starting to look for a good complimentary vehicle and curious if looking to bounce ideas off of the community.

In my opinion the gladiator is:
1. Fun
2. Convertible
3. Good enough towing/utility for me
4. Okay cabin space
5. Poor cost/ fuel economy

I think a good counterpart would be:
1. Comfortable
2. Cost/ fuel efficient
3. Quality interior and infotainment (kind of in-line with “Comfortable”)
4. Easily towable as a bonus. I have a trip every year or two I’d like to bring this along on.
Sponsored

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
My Gladiator has shared garage space with a Grand Cherokee, then a JLU Wrangler, and now a Chrysler 300. I wanted something comfortable for long trips, was tired of SUVs like the Grand Cherokee, Explorer, or Durango, and a used 300 was pretty affordable.

AMAGladiator

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Much to the opposite of DobaMark, our garage went from a 300S to a grand Cherokee summit.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My Overland is quite comfortable. I find myself driving it more often. My other car is a Nissan Leaf (all electric). The original plan was to drive the Gladiator for anything work related, and drive the Leaf for all personal trips. It worked out pretty well when I had the 2500HD, but now I find myself including the personal errands in the work runs and the Leaf isn't driven as much as it used to be.

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I drive a 14 JKUR, which I love and the better half drives a 21 Grande Cherokee Trailhawk

OrangePepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Grand Wagoneer, 2022 Gladiator Mojave (soon)
Hands down the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in were in a Volvo S60. When I was looking for a new vehicle last year, it was between the S60 and the Glad, and I would have bought both if I'd had the money and garage space.

The Volvo is what I consider "practical luxury", because it isn't particularly flashy on the exterior, which also appeals to me. Even the lowest trim level is still one of the quietest, most comfortable rides I've had, and it had plenty of giddy-up. You can get an S60 as either a mild hybrid or plug-in hybrid, so mpgs are up to you.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I like a mazda 3 hatchback for this application. Had an 07 manual and enjoyed it. We also have a 2016 cx5, and we found both reliable with a nice drive.
We need a 3 row to compliment the gladiator, but my wife wants something that can seat 7, have captains chairs, and not be full size. I told her that's called a van but she doesn't want that either hah!

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
My Gladiator is the daily driver that serves as my truck and convertible. But I also like carving through mountain roads…so I bought a used Mini Cooper. Both are fun but in different ways.
If I had more to spend on the second car, I’d have bought a VW GTI or a Tesla Model 3.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Sounds like a Ford Lightning would be ideal for you.
Sponsored