First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 4xe rubicon
Occupation
Dental hygienist
I took advantage of the used car market and traded my 20 Overland in for a 21 Rubicon. I’m super happy with the new trim level!
But the real question is do you actually need lockers? Regardless if you made 3gs doesn't matter , as long as your happy with your jeep

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My first gladiator was a lease deal given to me by my dealer (willys auto hardtop, no choices other than exterior color) that was supposed to last me until my bronco showed up. After 6 months with the gladiator, waiting more for a bronco just didn't seem to make much sense, so I ordered a gladiator the way I wanted it. 6k miles on the first gladiator before lease buyout, 4k on the current one.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my second.
First was a 2020 ordered October 2019 and received November 2019.
As miles crept up on it and I realized the new ones had some options I wanted that they didn't offer for 2020 models, my wife suggested I look into trading after telling her of how well they were doing as far as trade or sale value on used ones.
May 2nd, ordered a 2022, picked it up early July this year. Took them my 2020 with just under 27,000 miles. 0 issues. They wanted me to take off all accessories and put it back just the way I bought it - of course leaving the passive entry I added and leaving the programming for auto high beams (not available in November 2019, but the hardware was there so I made the changes in the BCM)
They were quite happy to get my 2020, they were going to spend the resources to get it set as a Jeep certified used vehicle.
They swapped the tires I had on my 2020 onto the 2022, along with my matching spare tire and wheel.
I loved the first one so much it was a no braining going back into another.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
#me2 got to have two of these bad boys.

gladiator1.jpg

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm on my second.
First was a 2020 ordered October 2019 and received November 2019.
As miles crept up on it and I realized the new ones had some options I wanted that they didn't offer for 2020 models, my wife suggested I look into trading after telling her of how well they were doing as far as trade or sale value on used ones.
May 2nd, ordered a 2022, picked it up early July this year. Took them my 2020 with just under 27,000 miles. 0 issues. They wanted me to take off all accessories and put it back just the way I bought it - of course leaving the passive entry I added and leaving the programming for auto high beams (not available in November 2019, but the hardware was there so I made the changes in the BCM)
They were quite happy to get my 2020, they were going to spend the resources to get it set as a Jeep certified used vehicle.
They swapped the tires I had on my 2020 onto the 2022, along with my matching spare tire and wheel.
I loved the first one so much it was a no braining going back into another.
what options did you get on the new one? I must have been forum MIA when you took delivery...

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
On my second, first was a 2020 Sport S max tow. Black and White were the two lowest colors on my list. All they could find within 1000 miles was a black one. (with the options I wanted). I was waiting on the 392 version, but when they officially squashed that project, I decided to order the diesel. Now I have what I want, in the color I want, with torque for days. I got just under what I paid for the black one in trade-in with 16,000 miles.
Jeep Gladiator Second Gladiator?? 20200823_092441 (2)

Jeep Gladiator Second Gladiator?? 20220809_130654

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
what options did you get on the new one? I must have been forum MIA when you took delivery...
Selec-Trac,
Gorilla Glass (I thought it would save some weight but oddly, the payload is a heck of a lot lower on this 2022 compared to the 2020 so it didn't make a difference for some reason),
aux switches.
You get the bigger crank battery with the aux switches. I know people say "you could have added those yourself to your 2020" - and while that's true, you don't have the full wiring and the bigger battery that comes with the factory install.

I figured it would also have some of the minor things taken care of from the earlier years. I have noticed very subtle changes here and there.

Jeep Gladiator Second Gladiator?? 20220811_095149_HDR

Last edited:

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Selec-Trac,
oddly, I don't see many units on the lot with the selec-trac/rock-trac full time 4x4 system, which is strange because in the upper Midwest I'd figure this would have been a popular option

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
oddly, I don't see many units on the lot with the selec-trac/rock-trac full time 4x4 system, which is strange because in the upper Midwest I'd figure this would have been a popular option
Around here, when I was looking to see if anything on the lot matched what I wanted, I'd find something that had most of the features - and was lacking tow package, or other stuff I figured anyone with a truck might want. Weird what they keep on the lots around here, and yet they seem to sell 'em.
I suspect what they keep in stock is lower priced stuff to get people into the store, then they upsell them, or, unsuspecting buyers who don't know better believe that's what there is, take it or leave it.

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Around here, when I was looking to see if anything on the lot matched what I wanted, I'd find something that had most of the features - and was lacking tow package, or other stuff I figured anyone with a truck might want. Weird what they keep on the lots around here, and yet they seem to sell 'em.
I suspect what they keep in stock is lower priced stuff to get people into the store, then they upsell them, or, unsuspecting buyers who don't know better believe that's what there is, take it or leave it.
A lot of the sales staff, don't really know what they are selling. I had several try to convince me that adding a hitch to a non max tow made it the same as a max tow.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of the sales staff, don't really know what they are selling. I had several try to convince me that adding a hitch to a non max tow made it the same as a max tow.
That's one reason I didn't buy from a dealership we've bought from before - and why in the end I went back to the guy I got my first JT from. He's been to the advance classes on these (interesting to find that the dealership doesn't pay for that, it's out of the sales person's pocket - at least at that dealership)
He knew exactly where the wires for the aux switches were both inside and under the hood when I looked back in 2019. He knew all about max tow and the other tow ratings. He knew the box width without measuring.
Ironically, the guy who did the final financial stuff in the other office knew more than many sales people - he know all about programming the home link buttons, how to clear them, all about the 8.2 radio and options settings. He even knew accessories. I finally asked my sales guy- how the heck does a guy in the back office who has only worked that job for a bit over a month know so much about Jeep?
He used to work sales like the guy I dealt with and took extra classes.
But those two were exceptions. Most don't know squat about what they sell.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
On my second, Jul 19 2020 Overland and lease end with good residual do went for it and got a 22 Rubicon.

JT.jpg

SG Rubi.jpg

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I'm on my second Gladiator. Had a '20 Sport S Max Tow the dealer wanted me to sell back to him and I made some money on the deal so I sold it. Had a couple cars in between but got a used '21 Rubicon diesel that I am beginning to build now.
Jeep Gladiator Second Gladiator?? IMG_5909
Jeep Gladiator Second Gladiator?? IMG_8528
S
Sponsored