Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2011 Ford F250 PS Diesel
Occupation
Happily retired
  • Banned
Which tailgate badge is best. The one from Hauk (Jeep Gladiator JT Tailgate Badging Kit) or the one from Limitless Parts( 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Replacement Larger Style Lettering)? I like the Hauk for the installation template but like the two color design of the Limitless Parts one. Anyone installed the Limitless Parts kit? Is it easy or a PITA?
Sponsored

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
Which tailgate badge is best. The one from Hauk (Jeep Gladiator JT Tailgate Badging Kit) or the one from Limitless Parts( 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator Tailgate Replacement Larger Style Lettering)? I like the Hauk for the installation template but like the two color design of the Limitless Parts one. Anyone installed the Limitless Parts kit? Is it easy or a PITA?
A little searching goes a long way....

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ator-tailgate-badge-you-will-ever-need.41480/

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I had the Hauk on my Sport and went with Limitless on my Mojave. I prefer the Hauk personally so may remove this one and try again :) Just a personal prefernce I like the smaller letters. The Limitless letters are pretty large.
Install for either is pretty easy with some painters tape and a ruler.
Jeep Gladiator Which tailgate badge kit do you like best 207892854_187206893282951_525400075972878169_n

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I like the Larger letters & the I centered over the Camera plus the two tone design of the limitless Parts offering makes it more 3D and stands out. I was able to remove the old emblem without issue. I knew I’d mess it up so I ended up having Mile High Customs install the letters, they do a lot of wraps & install & uninstall badges all the time, mine was $175.00 to install your price may differ but might be able to find it for less. IMO it was well worth it.

Jeep Gladiator Which tailgate badge kit do you like best Gladiator Tailgate Badge

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
I like the Hauk badge as the limitless one seems too large and nearly comical. Without seeing it in person side by side it’s hard to say though. For my build, the outline of the letters wasn’t needed so I went with the Hauk design. You can get the I centered if you don’t use the cardboard template. by using the cardboard template it places the badges higher up on the gate and not exactly centered from top to bottom. I didn’t like that and the I not being centered so placed mine lower to perfectly center the badge and used smaller spacing and got the I perfectly centered above the camera.

I see a lot of these badges posted and a lot of them have bad spacing between the T so make sure your spacing is spot on whichever badge you decide on.

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I like the Hauk badge as the limitless one seems too large and nearly comical. Without seeing it in person side by side it’s hard to say though. For my build, the outline of the letters wasn’t needed so I went with the Hauk design. You can get the I centered if you don’t use the cardboard template. by using the cardboard template it places the badges higher up on the gate and not exactly centered from top to bottom. I didn’t like that and the I not being centered so placed mine lower to perfectly center the badge and used smaller spacing and got the I perfectly centered above the camera.

I see a lot of these badges posted and a lot of them have bad spacing between the T so make sure your spacing is spot on whichever badge you decide on.
I did a small write up on the T spacing on my badge install. Had good info from another member. Messed something else up… but my T spacing is perfect!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
I just picked up the limitless ones and they look really good. They definitely give more of a handmade look though so I'm not sure how long these are going to hold up. The red part is acrylic and it seems like it can scratch easily. I guess only time will tell.

20211119_221526.jpg

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I'd avoid limitless, they send it out without care with all the letters thrown into a box, ones I received were badly scratched and they seller didn't do anything to fix it. Got cold Turkey, so my credit card company took care of it.

go with a vendor who cares such as @Urban Jeep Outfitters

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I'll be going with the @Urban Jeep Outfitters kit myself. I like the single piece design version and the fact that it comes with a template.
I like a little “flair” so had the idea of getting those as well. Curious if I could completely cover the letter faces in wide painters tape then use an xacto to trim. Once masked id spray them with Mojave orange. The idea would be all black single layer with just a touch of orange only on the outside edges. Knowing me I’ll someone mess it up and be into the paint thinner.

…only thing stopping me is buying another set of letters and the sunk cost involved. That and of course removing the limitless will be a miserable affair for certain.
Sponsored