Who has EOC Stage 1?

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Wondering who out there has an EOC stage 1 - EGR off -DEF on 20 HP tune? I'm seeing some possibly unusual behavior since I put it in and am wondering what others have experienced.

Tune has been in for 700kms or so.

-I've seen the DPF go to zero, prior to the tune it has never gone below 9% on the Idash

-For the last 4 days or so DPF has been sitting between 3-9%, most often @9% and never above. This is with all short city driving. Never seen this happen before. Prior to the Stage 1, short city driving DPF level it's always climbing.

-I've seen the idash indicate passive regen with the EGT and DPF inlet around 600-650f when driving short city trips which doesn't make any sense since prior to the tune the temps were way higher to see the idash indicate passive regen.
Sponsored

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Interested in other peopleā€™s answer about this.

Would be nice if when one buy a tune, that they actually know what is in it. But since EOC & others are selling the same thing to everyone they canā€™t effectively tell you and go as far as locking the ECU so only them can change or modify it. Hence, customer is left with their (often poor) customer support and/or questions. End of rant.

Curious why did you leave the DEF ON if you went that (tuning) route?

OP
OP
jc99

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
My thoughts were, I wanted the EGR off, mild tune to not overburden the DPF with soot. Can't get the multimap (multiple power tunes) tune on Galadiators with adaptive cruise control yet, EOC is working on it now. Left DEF on since I wanted to be able to swap back to factory PCM without having to drain/refill DEF tank (if you turn DEF off and use distilled water). It does get cold here in the winter so distilled water in the tank would freeze easily as you can't leave it empty or the lining gets ruined I was told.

Super confused about the DPF level not getting above 9% though with this tune. I will probably need to swap back to the factory PCM and see if it starts operating like normal again. My concern is if it's not reporting correctly for some reason and the DPF fills up.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Interested in other peopleā€™s answer about this.

Would be nice if when one buy a tune, that they actually know what is in it. But since EOC & others are selling the same thing to everyone they canā€™t effectively tell you and go as far as locking the ECU so only them can change or modify it. Hence, customer is left with their (often poor) customer support and/or questions. End of rant.

Curious why did you leave the DEF ON if you went that (tuning) route?
Isn't gde different ?

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Left DEF on since I wanted to be able to swap back to factory PCM without having to drain/refill DEF tank
That makes sense. I think leaving it empty after draining it would be winter proof though? Priming it back on if needed seems to be close to what youā€™d be doing on a normal refill and maybe a couple of ON/OFF to prime the line? Just speculating, donā€™t have a tune.

Isn't gde different ?
Not as far as I know, I would ask the guy that knows, but he got banned šŸ˜…
My understanding is that they also sell the same thing to everyone. And by ā€œsameā€ they usually already have a few pre-configured files for different map & power levels, display of boost instead of DEF level for example but that is not what Iā€™d call customized solution if that make sense, theyā€™re just flavors of the same product. Now, one could argue that OEM is same for everyone and it works fine. I ā€œagreeā€, because it depend on the definition of ā€œfineā€. Itā€™s made to be average/good in all categories, not particularly better at one or the other. E.g. usages could vary, high altitude, mostly towing, mostly off-roading low torque & idling, mostly highway cruising etc. I believe Maps would be different, trans tune would be different, power output etc.
Though, this is a limited understanding of the situation, since theyā€™re very secretive about what they do, they could be doing plenty of wrong things without us knowing, since theyā€™re locked.

I believe someone in the forum was tuning (earlier GPEC 2) his, blew up his stuff, so itā€™s not risk free, and like additives, sometime doing very little bit being safe is better than trying to do more and blowing engines. So for what itā€™s worth, they could be doing almost nothing and sell us very expensive solutions for what it is without us knowing. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I'm pretty sure I've read the stage 1 tune basically runs in a passive regen all the time. This is also why there is no MPG gain to be seen and may actually be worse. I think this was flagged in a thread by GDE when explaining the differences between tunes, but they have now been banned from here. But you can probably find the post explaining it. If you're trying to keep your components intact GDE seems to be the better route. If you go EOC it seems best to just skip stage 1 and go 2.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Go stage 2. Donā€™t bother with stage 1.
These Jeeps have def sensor nox sensor throttle valve issues etc etc. stage 2 tosses all of that and the high spot loading egr.