Who makes this?? Rotopax embedded in side of bed

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
I was at the Mountain West Expo a few weeks back. I came across this Gladiator in the parking lot with this RotoPax mod. I've never seen it before and after walking the show, I never found someone inside selling or talking about it. Help me find this guy/company.

20210829_141054.jpg

20210829_141109.jpg
Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
That is a custom Jeep concept Gladiator called the Wayout. No vendors sell the necessary parts.

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Very cool but that has to be an extremely expensive mod relative to the value it provides.

I mean really you're talking about buying a new truck bed just to store a small amount of gas that could otherwise be stored at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Still looks very cool.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Especially since it looks like you have to get custom rotopax jugs too.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Did you happen to push on the bedsides at all? I've always wondered how strong it was. I'd bet it was way too compromised cut this way and that's why it won't happen.

I'd still love to see something done with the wasted lower quarter panel behind the back seat. Rivian figured that one out.

Jeep Gladiator Who makes this?? Rotopax embedded in side of bed 1631886606065

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Did you happen to push on the bedsides at all? I've always wondered how strong it was. I'd bet it was way too compromised cut this way and that's why it won't happen.

I'd still love to see something done with the wasted lower quarter panel behind the back seat. Rivian figured that one out.

How about this? You need the steps, but they are awesome anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL

I did it seemed solid. It even looked like it was fully painted behind the jugs. He did it right.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
While I love the look of the Wayout concept approach, and like the idea of the RockSlideEngineering step-mounted option, I'll always prefer to keep gas and water inside the bed. Mounting to the outside, at least on the terrain I am in, leaves a chance for catastrophe. If it is mounted on the outside in some way, and my JT slides on sidways into a boulder or protruding tree limb, the rotopack can get punctured. Much less of a chance of that having fluids inside containers inside the steel bed.

Last edited:

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
All the soccer moms and mall crawlers would love that mod. Similiar to the Subaru peeps who put kayaks on their roofs..... lol

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
While I love the look of the Wayout concept approach, and like the idea of the RockSlideEngineering step-mounted option, I'll always prefer to keep gas and water inside the bed. Mounting to the outside, at least on the terrain I am in, leaves a chance for catastrophe. If it is mounted on the outside in some way, and my JT slides on sidways into a boulder or protruding tree limb, the rotopack can get punctured. Much less of a chance having fluids inside containers inside the steel bed.
This is what I come here for. Way too often I come up with some goofball idea, or I start salivating over some combination of parts and mods I want to do, then I get a reality check reading the comments hahaha.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
This is what I come here for. Way too often I come up with some goofball idea, or I start salivating over some combination of parts and mods I want to do, then I get a reality check reading the comments hahaha.
I should clarify, mounted on the sides/tailgate/bumper = outside. If mounted on a roof rack the only chance is if a low hanging limb hits it
Sponsored