Sponsored

Who's In The Middle? (lift)

Koihito

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2016 Kia Sedona, 2010 Chevy Express Ext. 3500, 2005 Suzuki Burgman, 1989 Ford F-150, 1970 VW Beetle
Occupation
Tile Contractor
I've got a Mopar lift and 35's. I've thought about going bigger, but I tow regularly and it's pretty capable as is. I'll likey keep this set up at long as I'm using it as a daily driver.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
2” Mopar, front/rear track bars, 315/70/17 BFG KO2s and 1.75” wheel spacers.

The extra clearance is nice for mild wheeling, but if you you go out with a club or do more advanced trails you will want 37’s. I brought these over from my Mojave trade in. I’m wanting 37’s so bad, but can’t decide if I will stick with KO2s or switch over to a MT.

486E9575-A3FA-4481-8ACE-64EAFB794A18.jpeg
Absolutely, positively not accurate.

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely, positively not accurate.
Ummmmm. It’s my opinion. It’s perfectly accurate.

Everyone’s situation is different. My JK with 3 inch lift and 35s was sufficient for everything I threw at it. The JT with its extra long wheelbase and poor departure angle needed the lift and 37’s for the trails we do.

I found myself asking the same question… 35s or 37’s. I went with 35s, now I’m on 37’s. Should’ve just gone straight to 37’s.

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I've got a Mopar lift and 35's. I've thought about going bigger, but I tow regularly and it's pretty capable as is. I'll likey keep this set up at long as I'm using it as a daily driver.

That's the setup I'm planning as well. How much weight are you towing? How'd you fare at the Byway? I've been on it a few times in my stock JTR but haven't done the harder sections yet.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
2” and 35s will do pretty much all the trails around Ouray. Most of your passes in CO like mosquito, etc.

that’s my first hand experience with mopar lift and 35s.

Thag said, I’ll go to 37s once my 35s wear out. That extra bit will help.

Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I am still at 315's and no lift. Doing all the other mods first while i think about it. At first I was planning on a spacer but now I want to do the best riding 2 to 3.5 there is. I don't want stiff. I hear a lot about Mopar, usually good but a local shop says they have removed them for being stiff, I wonder. I don't really want a Frankenlift but headed that way with Synergy 2 inch springs, Accutune Fox 2.0, Alpine IR arms. I hear the Metalcloak Gamechanger rides nice. With the length of the JT it's just going to take at least 2 inches to get over stuff. I overland more and not into hard trails.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I essentially have the same set up (suspension wise) as your Rubicon but on my Overland with the addition of a front leveling kit. I’m on 35s and have wheeled mine a few times.

Considered doing the Mopar lift as well and still may eventually. But I’ve essentially got a 2 inch lift from its stock form already minus an actual lift considering the Rubicon suspensions spring compression compared to the stock overland. Then adding the leveling kit, got me 2 inches higher.

Im in KY too although I don’t wheel too heavy, but for now it’s done fine for me. Hell you’re probably more capable than me even without the leveling kit, having a Rubi.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Done with it
When I lift i want shocks that will allow me to add as little bump stop spacer as possible. Keep the flex.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
2.5” (net 2”). This isn’t a hobby or pure recreation vehicle for us and from my experience, <2.5” keeps things just simple enough to troubleshoot quickly, drive better than stock on-road all while not limiting our off-road capabilities given we don’t crawl. I’m rarely in the woods without our little ones (youngest is 5). Even if I wanted to get extreme, it would be silly to risk it, we’d much rather cover gobs of beautiful ground & scenery than sit around with my wife or boys spotting me through very technical challenges. The below mods have been a pleasure, getting us from PA to South FL and back quickly followed with a San Antonio and back trip with zero issues. Next month we are headed to Wyoming. Mine is a 21’ and I just hit 25k miles, I WFH so 95% is adventure bound. Love our smooth riding modest setup. Would likely never go over 2” with anything in the future either. Wheels and tires are light, getting 26+ on highway, 22+ around town with armor/rack/rtt/family

• AEV 2.5" Dual Sport Springs, AEV Extended End Links, AEV Geometry Correction Brackets
  • JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar
  • Falcon 3.1 Piggy-Back Shocks (ESS batt relo’d)
  • 35"x11.5" Toyo Open Country A/T III
  • 17x9 KMS Roswell

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Done with it
^^^^ looks like a great build. I'll have to look at the AEV springs. I want a soft highway ride at a 2.5 lift max. I had some bad luck with the falcon's being stiff so I like Fox. I played with the floor jack lifting the JT today. I noticed that at 2 inch lift the front axle went to the driver side 3/4 inch. Need trackbars.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck Driver
Ummmmm. It’s my opinion. It’s perfectly accurate.

Everyone’s situation is different. My JK with 3 inch lift and 35s was sufficient for everything I threw at it. The JT with its extra long wheelbase and poor departure angle needed the lift and 37’s for the trails we do.

I found myself asking the same question… 35s or 37’s. I went with 35s, now I’m on 37’s. Should’ve just gone straight to 37’s.
Sorry, I did not see it was your opinion. Are all of opinions perfectly accurate?

Koihito

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2016 Kia Sedona, 2010 Chevy Express Ext. 3500, 2005 Suzuki Burgman, 1989 Ford F-150, 1970 VW Beetle
Occupation
Tile Contractor
That's the setup I'm planning as well. How much weight are you towing? How'd you fare at the Byway? I've been on it a few times in my stock JTR but haven't done the harder sections yet.
I daily tow a single axle 6x10 covered trailer around 2500 lbs. and a few times a month a double axle dump trailer with brakes around 6-7000 lbs. depending on what's on it. I still have the factory 4:10 gears, I get around 14.5 mpg over all and with no trailer I'm getting 19.5.

It does very, very well off and on road. At the end of last year we did a 7000 mile road trip covering all of rt.66 and off-road side trips to the dbbb, Utah, nevada, and Colorado. I have a set of side rail steps I treat like sliders, and I added rear bed corner protection. We went places you wouldn't think we could go with minimal damage; the rails and factory transmission protection for some scrapes, a dent in the bed corner protector and a bent rear sway bar link. We did get stuck once in a mudhole at one of the camping sites of the dbbb, locals told us the hole, which looks like a puddle, is about 6 ft. deep, we wouldn't have come out without help even on 40's. All in all, for a truck that I use daily for work I don't think you could ask for more off road without diminishing returns on the work side.

I'm 40,000 miles into ownership and I'd 100% buy another and set it up the same way if this one got wrecked.
Sponsored