Sponsored

Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)?

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
My decision was made the exact same way, down to the MN winter's. My only regret with my overland is the stock tires don't have the same stance as a Rubicon. Even though I know they do well with snow on pavement (30k into a set on my wife's Traverse) I know I will be replacing them before too long with something bigger and more aggressive to make ice fishing trips that much more fun.
@HjStrater - FWIW... my plan is to wear out the OEM tires and then do my upgrade. Planning on 1.5" Teraflex leveling lift for the front and then 35" BFG KO2 on new 17" rims.

Jeep Gladiator Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)? satin-grey-ring_ball-cut-machined_20_zoom
Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Question to those who ordered the sport S..... did you consider the base Sport at all?

why or why not?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Rubicon because of the value it holds, the better stock tiress, and the hood looks wise. Not a big trails guy but I do regularly drive on the beach.

I also financed at 2% Which allowed me to keep some savings to myself for other upgrades and investments. I took the higher value option so I wouldn’t have to immediately upgrade wheels and add rails as it already looked pretty great in my eyes for the time being, allowing me to spend elsewhere on the truck and in life. The more upgraded parts From the factory I was able to finance at a lower rate without adding on later, the better.

Pug

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Great thread. I too had originally planned on a Rubicon. But went with the Overland and have been totally happy. First week I bought it put some Rubicon take off wheels from a fellow forum member. Had sprayliner put in bed. No other mods. Perfect truck for me.

Hunter63

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Machine repair
I went with the overland mainly because it's ride and luxury interior. I knew that I was going to buy it the second I test drove it. I've had it a week so far I've had a spray in liner installed. Not sure what is next. Maybe wheels and tires but it's my everyday vehicle so I don't want to mess with it's smooth ride

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
I think my only options are either sport or sport s because I want the max tow

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
Many people say that the 4.10's are fine with 37's, but I've already practically lost 8th gear with a 34 so I know I'll want to re gear. I want it to feel as stock as possible in that sense.
Oh, I forgot to mention I'm rowing. I've got the 6-speed manual. And manual will be when I'll get a Gladiator.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
We went sport s for the Max tow option. And then optioned it out from factory. Wife didn't want the Rubicon and he was over the budget she had set.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Just curious why everyone decided on their trim level?

I was initially going to go all out and get a LE gladiator and then decided I could get a decently decked out max tow AND a new 2019 Honda Accord sport for about the same price. I ran the numbers and it made sense to me.

I definitely dig the Mojave’s, rubicons and LEs out there, but every time I see both my rides I don’t think twice about the decision. For the summer, I leave the gladiator garaged with doors/top removed etc, drive on the super nice days or when I need to use it as a truck, or just want to have fun driving it. Those days when it’s rainy or super super hot, or cold, I drive the accord. I’m doing about a 70/30 split miles wise accord/gladiator ratio. I do about 100 miles a day in commute so it just makes sense to me spreading the miles over both. To this day I get excited jumping in Both!

Anyone else go with a sport + another car vs higher end trim gladiator?

Jeep Gladiator Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)? satin-grey-ring_ball-cut-machined_20_zoom

I bought a Rubicon to get a manual and 4.10s. And I kept my paid-off car instead of trading it. My blue car is my favorite one I've ever owned but every time I drive it I kinda wish I was in the JT

20200701_065612.jpg

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the sport s because i knew i wouldnt be towing anything so in my mind i couldnt justify the extra cost. Another factor was everywhere i went the gladiators all looked the same except for the one that was exactly what i was looking for in color and trim. That also happened to be a sport s and

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I chose Sport S rather than base sport for several reasons: I found a Max Tow equipped as I wanted. At least on JK's adding power windows and locks both is not possible aftermarket (didn't check on JL/JT), so I wanted these features and wanted them from the factory. Also I like the aluminum wheels better than steel. I also wanted the leather wrapped steering wheel (on my 1997 Ram, the base rubberized wheel wore out rather quickly, but leather replacement lasted well). Power heated mirrors and security alarm also worthwhile.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
if I purchased a rubicon, I will have to mod it with more of a trail preference in mind. It’s longer wheelbase calls for more of an aggressive goal.
I was going back and forth for weeks deciding, but in the end, the sport s or overland just suits MY needs better than a rubicon.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I’ve done the bare bones sport on my JK, and upgraded. Did it on a fun little 4.0 XJ as well. Wheeled in several different countries.

The Rubi is exactly relevant to what I’ve wheeled, mainly because I refuse to rock crawl a DD. It also will hold its value much better than my sport with no ac lol

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Simple I got the most truck I could comfortably afford leaving me $5000 to do some changes and other things. I was at $35,500 on my Sport S Max Tow with 7" and Auxiliary switch, etc. Plus $5000 I budgeted for extras and changes I wanted to decide on. I picked up a new unopened premium soft top for $1200, Found some Rubi take off tires and rims for $650, Spray in bed liner, Tri Fold Bed Cover, Side Steps, Undercover swing out box. Tazer lite, Idrive, and will likely put parts of the Built Right Cargo system in. Put me in at around $40,500 and I am plenty happy. I couldn't touch a Rubicon for that but I am not rock climbing anytime soon. Maybe in 4 years or so if I move to Colorado or someplace then I can do a lift and bigger tires, etc but for hauling my kayak to launch spots, beach running and daily driving I am good.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
What was the msrp of that build?

Simple I got the most truck I could comfortably afford leaving me $5000 to do some changes and other things. I was at $35,500 on my Sport S Max Tow with 7" and Auxiliary switch, etc. Plus $5000 I budgeted for extras and changes I wanted to decide on. I picked up a new unopened premium soft top for $1200, Found some Rubi take off tires and rims for $650, Spray in bed liner, Tri Fold Bed Cover, Side Steps, Undercover swing out box. Tazer lite, Idrive, and will likely put parts of the Built Right Cargo system in. Put me in at around $40,500 and I am plenty happy. I couldn't touch a Rubicon for that but I am not rock climbing anytime soon. Maybe in 4 years or so if I move to Colorado or someplace then I can do a lift and bigger tires, etc but for hauling my kayak to launch spots, beach running and daily driving I am good.
Sponsored