Not open for further replies.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
On my basically stock overland, my favorite mods are my tires and rubicon take off shocks. They make the drive so much better with the soft overland springs. It’s a way more controlled, stable drive but it still rides great. The tires make it look way more like a Jeep should, but they also have helped it drive better.

I’d like to have a sunrider also, but Covid has really impacted my budget.
Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
The dual top costs a $grand over the hard top, while the MSRP on the Sunrider is $750. They'd make bank regardless.
They've had plenty of time to sell sunriders at the parts counter for JKs and JKUs. So why haven't they?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Holy Cow guys!!! I'm so thrilled to see the Sunrider for Hardtop so many times in this thread! You've hit on a few things that I always try to mention too, the heat soak that the Hardtop has and the fact that you need oven mitts to remove the Freedom panels when it's nice out.

This is a very neat thread idea!!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
That statement is not far from the truth. I scorched my hands last week trying to remove them one day. I had to ice my fingers. I should have worn some sort of heat blocking mitts to grab them

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
what part under the seat did you mount it to?
Go look under your driver's seat. You'll see a ~3/8" rod that spans the underside of the seat from left to right. The handle that you manipulate to slide the seat back and forth is connected to this bar.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
That statement is not far from the truth. I scorched my hands last week trying to remove them one day. I had to ice my fingers. I should have worn some sort of heat blocking mitts to grab them
Yikes! I say it in jest but it really is pretty true, I've burned my hands a bit on 'em. Not quite to that extent but I could absolutely see that happening. Better just get those Freedom Panels off for good ;)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes! I say it in jest but it really is pretty true, I've burned my hands a bit on 'em. Not quite to that extent but I could absolutely see that happening. Better just get those Freedom Panels off for good ;)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Well that is in the plans and sorry its not with a Sunrider at this time. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Sunrider when I managed to score a premium soft top for very good price so going to try that (Open Up the whole cab) Should for some reason it not work out to my liking I would sell the softop and go to Sunrider.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Well that is in the plans and sorry its not with a Sunrider at this time. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Sunrider when I managed to score a premium soft top for very good price so going to try that (Open Up the whole cab) Should for some reason it not work out to my liking I would sell the softop and go to Sunrider.
Either way sounds great as long as you're opening that bad boy up!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
We would have gone full soft top, but our iKamper is very large, and there is no way to pull the top off with the tent on the back. We have a trip coming up in a few weeks, this is going to work very well, also we were worried about if it would be loud on the road, it seems no different then the freedom top so far.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
how much is the premium soft top go for??

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how much is the premium soft top go for??
I got lucky and found someone on Facebook Marketplace looking to sell a new premium top still in box for $1200. I just put it on this weekend so far so good. I am still struggling with my Mesh Safari Top that supposed to work with the soft top (LOL).

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I got lucky and found someone on Facebook Marketplace looking to sell a new premium top still in box for $1200. I just put it on this weekend so far so good. I am still struggling with my Mesh Safari Top that supposed to work with the soft top (LOL).
niceeee....I never get that lucky haha....always playing with the search word lol

Status
Not open for further replies.