Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I haven’t lifted mine or changed from the stock sport s max tow rims and tires.... I still love this jeep! I even love the way it looks on stock wheels and tires.

I have taken it off road and yes you will get some scrapes under there especially that trailer hitch but I’m not pushing it too hard just yet.

I just can’t throw out (or sell good wheels and tires for $300 bucks, if I could even get that for stock sport rims and tires) so, wear these out and then.... I’ll probably know what I want by then.
Sponsored

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
Any pictures? Other than the beach I don’t see myself off-roading much. It will serve my 5 mile each way commute, tow my boat twice a year, Home Depot runs, but will be the vacation, road trip vehicle so highway comfort is important. I have the max tow sport s. I’ll wear my tires out and try to make the replacement count on the stock rims or maybe I’ll score some takeofffs by then
Jeep Gladiator Why did you/didn’t you lift your JT? IMG_7699

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
Added the Mopar lift and 37” Nitto’s. For me I think the JT just needs a little more to get the proportions right. Once lifted it becomes gorgeous, but admittedly beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

FA9E861E-E936-4F13-8E3D-BEBF8FDE984A.jpeg

Nurse K

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
RN
stock jtr with aftermarket front bumper and 12k winch so there is seems to be more of a rake, or i notice it more. i bought the teraflex 1.5", will put it in the front sometime soonish. then i think 35s when the stock 33s wear out. hopefully that will be good enough for light off-roading

like someone said, i scraped a lot at uwharrie too
We just went to UWharrie today and scraped a few times on the easiest trail. Overall my stock Overland with Toyo Open Country XT 33s did well. I am feeling like a small lift like 2 or 2.5 would have made the trip a bit more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
No lift, leveling kit? Just bigger tires? It’s a good look. What did you get for tires and what trim level is that?
I think I paid $224 a tire but would have to find the receipt (there was some sort of $80 rebate per 4). This is a sport S.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I like to build in stages and have the money saved before buying things. Went with 37x12.50r17 tires stock suspension for now. Saving for a 2.5” @Clayton Off Road lift. Check out 37s here

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I like to build in stages and have the money saved before buying things. Went with 37x12.50r17 tires stock suspension for now. Saving for a 2.5” @Clayton Off Road lift. Check out 37s here
Not an intentional slight to Clayton but in my years as a Jeep owner, I had never heard of them until the Gladiator came out. Now everyone acts like they are the best of the best... have they been the suspension choice for some other vehicle brand all along?

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Ive resisted the strong urge to lift this far, because:
  • My JTR is looking great on 35's on stock suspension imo
  • Going to 37's with a lift will require regearing here in the mountains, and I'm not ready to do that with less than 1k miles on the clock
  • Now that it sounds like the 392 Wrangler is actually coming next year, I'm interested in seeing if and when there's a similar future for the JT before dropping more on mods I'd rather not transfer were I to upgrade to this speculative new JT

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
If you are not going down trails or over obstacles that require the lift, than stock height is fine. I am not going to lift my truck, but will add slightly larger tires down the road.
cheers
Same. Besides, I have a 30” inseam and my wife has a 28” inseam. It is challenging enough getting in. Getting out isn’t a problem. We just fall.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I bought the Mojave its tall enough and Ill never rock crawl so no need to go any higher but man this things sails through forrest roads maintained and not maintained like a hot knife thru butter.

JCFindley

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The lim factor for the JTs the way I wheel is the break over angle. I brought it out stock twice to get a feel for how much I wanted that middle raised.

While the 35s would have worked stock, I needed more for how I use it. I ended up going with a 3 inch lift and 37 inch tires which netted me 5 inches in the middle. (That's 2 at the bottom off the differentials but that hasn't limited me.)

For good measure I added a quarter inch steel skidplate.

FB_IMG_1605321997024.jpg

FB_IMG_1605321984725.jpg

FB_IMG_1605322005630.jpg

FB_IMG_1605322087662.jpg

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
When I got my Max Tow, I knew before I drove off the lot that I’d want something bigger. The little all season tires were sad. I upgraded with just about the lowest budget method around... Rubicon front springs/shocks and a 1.5” leveler. Then I added Mojave take-off wheels/tires to get me up to 33s.

For me, it’s a balance of capability and practicality. This is a daily driver and family vehicle for a wife and two small kids. But I also want to know that I’m not limited in what I can do with it.

At this point, I’m satisfied. I feel like this is how they should sell every Gladiator off the lot. That being said, I’ll probably upgrade to 35s once these wear out. Baby steps.

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
After many years of driving a lifted & heavily modded Tundra Crew Max, I am loving my Mojave. This model made me pull the trigger.

Might do 35's one day but I have to say I am really enjoying having a "stock" vehicle. It has enough lift & clearance for all of my current purposes.

Hopefully the JT's quality comes close to the basically flawless experience over 9 years with my Tundra. I do miss the V8 (with long tubes and no cats) and the power rear window... and the air conditioned seats :)

Last edited:

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I will not be lifting mine. The older you get, lower to the ground is best. Especially since my wife has a bad knee and requires a small step stool to get in. Besides, I can clear any mall tire stop out there!
Sponsored