First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
They simply don't look right until they are high enough for 37's. That is the correct tire size for these vehicles and should come that way stock with 4.88's, and with a touch more than the mopar lift currently offers, about 3" perfect. ;)

Loving mine set up this way, mopar lift plus 3/4" pucks up front, 37's, 4.88's, drives great.
How much does it sag when you forklift the key fob into the bed?
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Been wheelin quite a bit. If you are anywhere that has trails rated medium to hard then a little more height will give you some elbow room! I have a 2.5" Mopar lift and 33's and got the front diff stuck on a rock. and the butt was in sand. A quick lift by 3 people on the front end gave it just enough to back out. So now i have 35's. I go everywhere I want to go. If you dont have the need then spend the money on something else. 33's and no lift will take you alot of places.......

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Sport S. Not lifting. I like the truck pretty much as it is. I bought it as a practical daily driver. The most ‘wheeling it might see is farm roads and muddy fields. I don’t need a lift for that. When the factory highway tread 245/75/17 tires wear down I’ll go to 265/70/17 to gain slightly more width and slightly more aggression (all terrain, nothing more). I love the looks of well thought out and executed off road trucks. I just don’t need all that.

JCFindley

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
And after reading 5 pages I still have no idea if I will lift mine or not...

My question is can it be lifted some place besides the dealership without voiding the warranty? I like warranties kind of a lot but I don't like paying dealer labor charges.

TireEnvySmall.jpg

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
"Voiding the warranty" is a very misunderstood concepts that leads to pages of more threads. In short, the law says that you can't "void" an entire warranty for changes that are unrelated to the problem. So if you lift it and put 37s on it, and the AC goes out, no problem. If you lift it and a shock fails, well, that's part of the lift. The gray part is that if you lift it and put 37s on it, then break an axle, they could very well decline that repair.

Having the dealer do it gives you a warranty on the lift itself directly from Chrysler. Having a third party lift it means the lift parts are warranted by that vendor.

Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't lift mine because I'm 5'10" and my Rubicon is tall enough for me already. I also want it to clear my open garage door when my soft top is on and folded back.

First Name
Frank Emery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator and Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Electrician
I have a Mojave and don't want to give up the sweet suspension. After some high speed desert blasts, I feel like the engineers came up with a fantastic product that works out of the box with the stock tire/wheel size and weight.

I don't really trust spacer lifts so I am stuck till I can get a lift with shocks better than what I have and that is going to be $$$. I also think that a few of the aftermarket suspension folks will come out with some Mojave specific hardware that will build on its mission profile. So I will keep the stock stuff until I can commit to 37s, Gears and a sweet suspension. That is going to be a while.

(I may do 35s before then but...)
I just bought the Mojave and I feel the same. Can’t wait to hit some sand.

JCFindley

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
"Voiding the warranty" is a very misunderstood concepts that leads to pages of more threads. In short, the law says that you can't "void" an entire warranty for changes that are unrelated to the problem. So if you lift it and put 37s on it, and the AC goes out, no problem. If you lift it and a shock fails, well, that's part of the lift. The gray part is that if you lift it and put 37s on it, then break an axle, they could very well decline that repair.

Having the dealer do it gives you a warranty on the lift itself directly from Chrysler. Having a third party lift it means the lift parts are warranted by that vendor.

Thank you.

This is only the second time in my life I have bought a new vehicle that has a warranty and the first was 35 years ago. My JK was pretty highly modified but I didn't buy it new.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I've had two new modded JKs, and had no issues with repairs. Even one that could have been blamed on upgrades very easily. But the two dealers I've used are known for basically saying that anything up to 4" lift and 35" tires is within warranty. Other dealers could choose to be a-holes about it. Chrysler's official policy is to only step in if you ask them to and can't reach a solution with the dealer.

If you don't know, dealers charge more for cash customers than what they get paid under warranty, so that's why some are slimeballs about it. My favorite dealer outright said that they'd like me to keep buying Jeeps instead of trying to nickel and dime repair dollars.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I've done lifted Jeeps in the past and I find I like the height and look of my stock Rubicon. Probably do 35s but that is it. Getting to old to lift my butt too much higher.

Sponsored

WarRaveyn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Operations Manager
I have an Overland. I want to lift it but I am so undecided on what to do. I would like 35's and new wheels but I keep hearing that the Overland can't handle 35's unless I change the gears as well which I cannot afford to do.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
No lift Sport S Max Tow. Primary reason is not wanting to give up the highway driving and towing comfort. While I'd love to do more off road driving, there's not really any place nearby. So the reality is this truck will be primarily driven on the street. Just added 17x9 with 33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Very pleased that I find no negative impacts to the on road manners. Perhaps a lift will come in the future if my use for the truck changes and/or I'm convinced that the road manners won't be negatively impacted more than I'm willing to give up.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
After adding the 35" it just didn't seem that important to me :)

IMG_1979.JPG
No lift, leveling kit? Just bigger tires? It’s a good look. What did you get for tires and what trim level is that?

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
No lift Sport S Max Tow. Primary reason is not wanting to give up the highway driving and towing comfort. While I'd love to do more off road driving, there's not really any place nearby. So the reality is this truck will be primarily driven on the street. Just added 17x9 with 33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Very pleased that I find no negative impacts to the on road manners. Perhaps a lift will come in the future if my use for the truck changes and/or I'm convinced that the road manners won't be negatively impacted more than I'm willing to give up.
Any pictures? Other than the beach I don’t see myself off-roading much. It will serve my 5 mile each way commute, tow my boat twice a year, Home Depot runs, but will be the vacation, road trip vehicle so highway comfort is important. I have the max tow sport s. I’ll wear my tires out and try to make the replacement count on the stock rims or maybe I’ll score some takeofffs by then