Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating for the Rubicon is 6250 lbs. You have 50lbs of payload left. So, technically you overload the vehicle every time you drive it anywhere. Another reason the dealer turns you down for covering what you think should be warranty work.
Does the dealer weight your JT everytime you go in for service?
Sponsored

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
Does the dealer weight your JT everytime you go in for service?
No, but I'm pretty sure they have a good idea with all the vehicles they work on. If the OP wanted to dispute their claim rejection this is just another datapoint that won't go his way.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
All good! I should've been more clear in the beginning. I did learn a few mistakes alone the way though:

1. Going with a spacer kit and then ripping it out. Should've gone with a full EVO lift kit from day one.
2. Adding spacers to the tires instead of buying rims with -18mm offset. What a difference!
3. Getting Fab Four full width fender and being forced to chop it due to rubbing.
4. Making it too heavy. Fab Fours bumper and fenders look good but they're super heavy. I also have to take off the front and sometimes rear fenders anytime I do serious wheeling because they're too wide!
4. Waiting for 2 years to regear. If you go with 37 inch tires or above regear ASAP!
It’s a familiar path a lot of us have taken. Live and learn.

Aluminum bumpers, armor and skids are nice. Gears make a world of a difference.

You’re on the right path 👍

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So....you got to put a boom stick up the poop shoot to push it out to take a wizz?
No, not that drastic. If I sneeze real hard, I can get it to turtle a little and make it possible. Life challenges.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
No, not that drastic. If I sneeze real hard, I can get it to turtle a little and make it possible. Life challenges.
Sprinkle a little pepper on it to make it sneeze. When it pops out. Grab it with a pair of tweezers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one seems to mention the Magenson act not sure I spelled it right. But the warranty should cover anything not directly affected by modifications
Nobody mentioned it because it's tired and old.
But many of our comments, including mine, are 100% consistent with this law.

i.e. oversized tires and aftermarket suspension parts pretty much make a steering box and death wobble warranty claim impossible but have no impact on things like a broken visor under-hood temps and the problem with the locker.
Sponsored