tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
That’s actually really funny! I am moving for at least four years though. Lol
I feel bad for all those who ordered the Granite LE. Mine is/was White.
I was unsure of the original rendering of the Gator color, but after seeing what it looks like on the Wayout concept that would be my first choice.
Damn! by then you'll probably be getting a two door diesel version anyway!
Sponsored

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet. I’m active duty and was just notified that I will be moving overseas by the end of the year. I am now canceling my loan, that I already made payments on, and I will likely lose my deposit at the dealership. I also have over $2,300 worth of aftermarket parts sitting at home waiting for a Gladiator that I am no longer getting.

Yes, I did consider still getting it and then either storing or selling it when I go overseas. I estimate that I will lose around $10K selling it, and that’s way too much to drive it around for only a few months. I guess I am fortunate that I haven’t taken delivery yet and still have the opportunity to cancel, but I have been looking forward to this truck for so long.

I was deployed when the Gladiator was first revealed November last year. It was advertised as “Coming Spring” and was exactly what I was looking for. I signed up for the Launch Edition pre-order and put my deposit down on April 4th, but due to the concierge issues my order was not verified until April 24th. Financing was approved through my bank in March, but the loan application would have expired in May. I started making payments in May to lock in my good interest rate. Since November I have spent 1-2 hours everyday researching Gladiators, watching vids, trying to track my build status, and even talking to everyone that will listen about how excited I was for this truck. I am pretty disappointed that it didn’t work out.
Be safe and Thank You!

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I wish FCA would release a statement on why they are taking so long fulfilling early orders, it’s down right ridiculous
I've ordered vehicles from Ford, GM, Toyota and Jeep. Every one of them has taken anywhere from 9-12 weeks from the order date to deliver the vehicle to the western U.S. Yesterday we passed 12 weeks from the April 4 LE orders and a bunch are being delivered. One just showed up in Moab this week. Dealers should NOT be telling buyers that they will have their vehicle in 4-6 weeks, as many apparently are. Yes, it is frustrating when you see the vehicle stalled at the same status for 45 days, as mine and numerous others were. When you can check daily or weekly (hourly?) on the progress of your vehicle, it just makes it seem like a longer wait. But the delivery dates are not that far out of the norm for the industry, especially when you consider it is a completely new model. Since mine just went D1 in the last 24 hours, I expect it will reach the dealer by about the 14-week mark...so probably a 2-week delay for the steel bumper issue. Now where the hell is my Gladiator?!

and HigBeasty...I'm glad that it looks like you may not be out any money...as long as you can return or sell the parts you bought. Be careful out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
What do you have that needs sold?
I started putting together a list, I think this is most of what I have. Everything other than the floor mats should also be interchangeable with the JL. Hoping to find local Florida buyers, trying to not ship things, especially the large doors x4 and the sunrider top.
Entry Guards
Front/Rear Tube Doors
Rear Light Guards
Bestop Sunrider
Center Console Organizer
Locking Hood Latches
Locking Gas Cap
Center Touchscreen Protector
Hood Wind/Bug Deflector
Sunshade
Floor/Slush Mats
Key Fob Covers x2
7” Antenna

Sponsored

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I started putting together a list, I think this is most of what I have. Everything other than the floor mats should also be interchangeable with the JL. Hoping to find local Florida buyers, trying to not ship things, especially the large doors x4 and the sunrider top.
Entry Guards
Front/Rear Tube Doors
Rear Light Guards
Bestop Sunrider
Center Console Organizer
Locking Hood Latches
Locking Gas Cap
Hood Wind/Bug Deflector
Sunshade
Floor/Slush Mats
Key Fob Covers x2
7” Antenna
I’m interested in some things, sent u a message on Facebook Messenger

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Good news everyone! My bank is working on canceling the loan and returning my payments, and the dealership will refund my deposit on Monday!
I also learned that my LE is expected to be delivered around July 10th, and my window sticker has finally shown up.
Ironic that the day I finally get that I am canceling the order.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Entry Guards
Front/Rear Tube Doors
Rear Light Guards
Bestop Sunrider
Center Console Organizer
Locking Hood Latches
Locking Gas Cap
Hood Wind/Bug Deflector
Sunshade
Floor/Slush Mats
Key Fob Covers x2
7” Antenna
I am interested in some of the items you have for sale - can you give a bit more details esp for the tube doors - are they Mopar? And if the locking hood latch and gas caps are they from Drake made for offroad?

Thank you for your service and hopefully you get to enjoy your Gator soon! BTW, Gator is my fave color in the Gladiator and am waiting for the Diesel Gladiator but for now I am waiting for my Red LE LOL

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Where in FL?

Sgt Jmack

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler, 1998 Chevy Silverado, 2018 Toyota Corolla
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet.
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet. I’m active duty and was just notified that I will be moving overseas by the end of the year. I am pretty disappointed that it didn’t work out.
As a former Marine and car salesman for well over 15 years, I can understand both sides.
I'm not sure how long you will be deployed,if you're single(Barack's or base housing), or even where you'll be deployed to either. However every time we deployed, we had the option to store our POV's on base in a secure location. Since I have USAA for my insurance, I simply had to send them a picture of my Wrangler with it on blocks. They would give me a drastically reduced insurance rate while I was deployed. I continued making payments to the bank (obviously) since it was an automatic withdrawal. Although I had mine at least 6 months before I left N.C., I knew it was the Jeep I wanted, and it would be paid off that much sooner anyway, and be there as soon as I got back. I did the same with my motorcycle.

As far as the dealership/salesman side, I am dissapeared that they are treating you this way. I had countless people special order vehicles of many brands I've sold, especially Jeep/Chrysler brands, and I can tell you that I would track the progress and keep the customers informed. I can't count the times that I have gone to the port and picked up the vehicles so that they would be delivered to the client, rather than waiting several more weeks. If there were port installed items, I would simply ask them to put my vehicle to the front of the line since I would be retrieving it and they wouldn't have to put it on a truck and haul it to my dealership.

Now on the other hand, you can always take the same amount you would have been paying each month and have it automatically deposited into a savings account. This way, when you return, you'll have that much more for a down payment. On top of that, you'll be able to get a discount, since dealers tend to hold on price(or even charge more) on hot, new vehicles. Or you'll be able to get a used one at an even deeper discount.

As for the accessories, either return them to the store, or hold on to them for the Gladiator you finally purchase. Then again, later on you will have a lot of other products to choose from since time has passed and new stuff is developed.

As for your Gladiator taking so long, I am surprised since I see a LOT of them at the dealerships all around me. But I also don't know when you actually signed papers or when the dealership actually put in the order etc. Many times they will slack on it, since salesmen tend to be lazy and let the managers order the cars when they feel like doing it. Me,... Marines never wait around and expect others to do their job. Once the papers were signed and deposit received, it was ordered.

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet. I’m active duty and was just notified that I will be moving overseas by the end of the year. I am now canceling my loan, that I already made payments on, and I will likely lose my deposit at the dealership. I also have over $2,300 worth of aftermarket parts sitting at home waiting for a Gladiator that I am no longer getting.

Yes, I did consider still getting it and then either storing or selling it when I go overseas. I estimate that I will lose around $10K selling it, and that’s way too much to drive it around for only a few months. I guess I am fortunate that I haven’t taken delivery yet and still have the opportunity to cancel, but I have been looking forward to this truck for so long.

I was deployed when the Gladiator was first revealed November last year. It was advertised as “Coming Spring” and was exactly what I was looking for. I signed up for the Launch Edition pre-order and put my deposit down on April 4th, but due to the concierge issues my order was not verified until April 24th. Financing was approved through my bank in March, but the loan application would have expired in May. I started making payments in May to lock in my good interest rate. Since November I have spent 1-2 hours everyday researching Gladiators, watching vids, trying to track my build status, and even talking to everyone that will listen about how excited I was for this truck. I am pretty disappointed that it didn’t work out.
First of all I am hoping your got your loan thru USAA. That said I am not sure how you got a loan for that kind of coin and not have taken possession of it?????? Did you get the money deposited into your account???? Using what collateral? Or did they classify as a personal loan????

Take a copy of your orders to the dealer, show them the deployment orders, if they refuse to give you your money back, sue them in small claims court...

I wish well and do NOT let anyone screw you over!

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
It doesn't sound like you're deploying, but PCS-ing overseas. When I was in I never had the opportunity to PCS stateside or overseas, but I would think they have the ability to store your vehicle while you are being PCS-ed overseas. Seems like it would be a common problem.

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am interested in some of the items you have for sale - can you give a bit more details esp for the tube doors - are they Mopar? And if the locking hood latch and gas caps are they from Drake made for offroad?

Thank you for your service and hopefully you get to enjoy your Gator soon! BTW, Gator is my fave color in the Gladiator and am waiting for the Diesel Gladiator but for now I am waiting for my Red LE LOL
Here are the specs and prices I paid for the parts I have.

7CB614F5-DF6B-4157-B092-FE74858FCA0A.jpeg

42A5E080-268B-40E5-BFC6-437E426ADA6A.jpeg

91A1D71C-C645-412D-85CD-87A6D8CFE29C.jpeg

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
First of all I am hoping your got your loan thru USAA. That said I am not sure how you got a loan for that kind of coin and not have taken possession of it?????? Did you get the money deposited into your account???? Using what collateral? Or did they classify as a personal loan????

Take a copy of your orders to the dealer, show them the deployment orders, if they refuse to give you your money back, sue them in small claims court...

I wish well and do NOT let anyone screw you over!
I financed less than 70% of the vehicle price, I was sent a check that I would give the dealer on delivery of the vehicle. All I needed was the VIN for the auto loan.
Sponsored