5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
My Gladiator Sob Story

Over 12 weeks since I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator and it has not even shipped yet. I’m active duty and was just notified that I will be moving overseas by the end of the year. I am now canceling my loan, that I already made payments on, and I will likely lose my deposit at the dealership. I also have over $2,300 worth of aftermarket parts sitting at home waiting for a Gladiator that I am no longer getting.

Yes, I did consider still getting it and then either storing or selling it when I go overseas. I estimate that I will lose around $10K selling it, and that’s way too much to drive it around for only a few months. I guess I am fortunate that I haven’t taken delivery yet and still have the opportunity to cancel, but I have been looking forward to this truck for so long.

I was deployed when the Gladiator was first revealed November last year. It was advertised as “Coming Spring” and was exactly what I was looking for. I signed up for the Launch Edition pre-order and put my deposit down on April 4th, but due to the concierge issues my order was not verified until April 24th. Financing was approved through my bank in March, but the loan application would have expired in May. I started making payments in May to lock in my good interest rate. Since November I have spent 1-2 hours everyday researching Gladiators, watching vids, trying to track my build status, and even talking to everyone that will listen about how excited I was for this truck. I am pretty disappointed that it didn’t work out.
Sucks. Sorry to hear this. Thank you for your service. Hoping you get back in future!

Sgt Jmack

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler, 1998 Chevy Silverado, 2018 Toyota Corolla
It doesn't sound like you're deploying, but PCS-ing overseas. When I was in I never had the opportunity to PCS stateside or overseas, but I would think they have the ability to store your vehicle while you are being PCS-ed overseas. Seems like it would be a common problem.
Every time a PCS happens, you are responsible for your belongings to be moved/shipped or stored. But when deployed, your unit will be assigned a storage space for the troops belongings for the duration of the deployment, be it 6, 9, 12 months.
A few years ago, there was a news article showing an aircraft carrier sailing from one northern port to somewhere near San Diego (I believe), and the flight deck was loaded with all of the Sailors POV's for storage while on deployment.

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm in Fort Lauderdale.
If we can work out logistics, I'll call DIBS on:
Door Guards
Center Console tray
Screen Protector
Sounds good to me

Sponsored

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Beasty, We are stationed in the same area. I'm interested in the mats and antennae. However, I'm currently deployed.

I'll take em off your hands if you would be able to drop them at Patrick or the Cape, I have work centers in both.
When are you due back? I have until the end of the year here.

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
When are you due back? I have until the end of the year here.
I'm back mid August. I can grab it then or if you need to unload faster I can make arrangements with a coworker to get the stuff and square up.

Either way works for me, I will be looking to run errands in the new jeep while on R&R anyway.

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm back mid August. I can grab it then or if you need to unload faster I can make arrangements with a coworker to get the stuff and square up.

Either way works for me, I will be looking to run errands in the new jeep while on R&R anyway.
August works for me.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
was yours granite? you may be able to still receive it at time of delivery after your deployment lol
Hehehe.. lol! (Sad but true!) ;{

OP
OP
HigBeasty

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I got my deposit back from the dealer. Ironically the same day that I canceled my order was the day I finally had an estimated delivery date (July 9-10)
I also saw two other Gladiators out on the road today.

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
That’s actually really funny! I am moving for at least four years though. Lol
I feel bad for all those who ordered the Granite LE. Mine is/was White.
I was unsure of the original rendering of the Gator color, but after seeing what it looks like on the Wayout concept that would be my first choice.
Sorry Hig! I thought I had already asked this question.. it was white!
Sponsored