Sponsored

Why not buy a Centerforce dual friction clutch?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just got pics and tracker number for my long awaited Centerforce clutch!!!!!

F6C505A2-D986-4CB1-AE82-9DA940341B57.jpeg
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The CF flywheel is extremely heavy for the stiffness of the crankshaft and size of the main bearings. I prefer the South Bend Clutch approach which fixes the biggest problem, the hollow center plate, by manufacturing a solid replacement plate.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
The CF flywheel is extremely heavy for the stiffness of the crankshaft and size of the main bearings. I prefer the South Bend Clutch approach which fixes the biggest problem, the hollow center plate, by manufacturing a solid replacement plate.
Interesting, didn't realize yet that anyone other than CF had come to market yet with an alternative clutch. I like the effect of a heavy flywheel but you raise interesting points about hanging an old school very heavy flywheel on an engine platform that wasn't engineered with that in mind.

In terms of SB options to supposedly fit the JT, going to SB's own website, they show only a Stage 1 clutch, some performance retailers sites also show SB "Stage 2 daily driver" and SB "Stage 2 drag" (or"endurance") clutches, to supposedly fit JL/JT some of which refer to needing an aftermarket single mass flywheel but it isn't clear whether the flywheel is part of the package (hope so, the overall price is pretty significant)

An aftermarket clutch is not in my near future, both because my factory clutch is getting better and better and just budget-wise. But glad to see companies stepping in with additional options.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd

Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a Centerforce dual friction clutch? F6C505A2-D986-4CB1-AE82-9DA940341B57
Do you have a part number? Center force doesn’t have any clutch options listed on their website for the jt at the moment?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a part number? Center force doesn’t have any clutch options listed on their website for the jt at the moment?
I should get that info soon and I’ll post. Hopefully CF will release this soon. The rep who sent this stuff snapped pics quickly on his phone. I’ve been working on this for over a year, calling, emailing and generally pestering Centerforce. The guy I originally was working with Will, retired - I think I drove him into early retirement…lol. FedEx says this will be here Sept 23.

Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Interesting, didn't realize yet that anyone other than CF had come to market yet with an alternative clutch. I like the effect of a heavy flywheel but you raise interesting points about hanging an old school very heavy flywheel on an engine platform that wasn't engineered with that in mind.

In terms of SB options to supposedly fit the JT, going to SB's own website, they show only a Stage 1 clutch, some performance retailers sites also show SB "Stage 2 daily driver" and SB "Stage 2 drag" (or"endurance") clutches, to supposedly fit JL/JT some of which refer to needing an aftermarket single mass flywheel but it isn't clear whether the flywheel is part of the package (hope so, the overall price is pretty significant)

An aftermarket clutch is not in my near future, both because my factory clutch is getting better and better and just budget-wise. But glad to see companies stepping in with additional options.
I have noticed that the clutch has improved over time as well. I’m currently at 24k on mine amd it might be a mental thing but it feel like the friction zone has become pronounced and the push a little bit stiffer. I did have the recall completed but it was just the software, I don’t think they bleed the line or anything.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Where'd you order from? Dual Friction or CFII?
I've had a Centerforce II (KCFT157077) on order from Quadratec since 8/25, its been listed as "Back ordered by vendor... I called Centerforce yesterday to see if they had a estimated fulfilment timeline, she just said "No, there are none. No date. no production"... and also that i should have called Quadratec.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Where'd you order from? Dual Friction or CFII?
I've had a Centerforce II (KCFT157077) on order from Quadratec since 8/25, its been listed as "Back ordered by vendor... I called Centerforce yesterday to see if they had a estimated fulfilment timeline, she just said "No, there are none. No date. no production"... and also that i should have called Quadratec.
Dual friction. Getting direct from Centerforce. I ordered this around March 2020 (yes 18 months ago). The product had to be redesigned due to inconsistent factory specs. I actually get it Sept 23 according to FedEx. No info on when these will be available.

E99DC314-A06B-4004-9B33-30F11D780F2C.jpeg

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
@Bbannongmu gotcha… I read where a fella with a ‘21 had to have the pilot bearing machined open when his input shaft wouldn’t fit in… I get it, centerforce camt afford to make one model clutch per year model Jeep…. I’ve got a ‘20 so I wish they’d just ship me one… c’est la vie….

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
It will be interesting to see if pedal force changes much. My son has a CF dual friction setup in his 5.0 foxbody. Noticeable increase in pedal force but otherwise tough clutch.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
It will be interesting to see if pedal force changes much. My son has a CF dual friction setup in his 5.0 foxbody. Noticeable increase in pedal force but otherwise tough clutch.
I am that guy that had to have the machining done to fit. I have been driving on that clutch for many months now and I am completely happy with it. The clutch is everything the stock clutch wasn't. If I had it to do over again, I would all day. The clutch isn't stiff, it is a centerforce II and it feels like the stock clutch should have.

Wally's Dad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Estimator, Preconstruction Manager
Jeep Gladiator Why not buy a Centerforce dual friction clutch? 1632154943326

Anyone else unable to see a 3.6L engine option when visiting their site? Do you have a link you can post to the product you mentioned?

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
call their 800 number and discuss your needs with one of their clutch experts.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4

Wally's Dad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score