Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

As others have said, its a roll bar. I have one in my wrangler because I rolled it a few times. It is super common to see these on wrangler forums. Kind of surprised if you have had that many jeeps you dont knowbasic roll cages.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzRob

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Kind of surprised if you have had that many jeeps you dont knowbasic roll cages.
I tend to stay away, on bolt on junk, for Jeeps I don't own.

Ive SEEN lots of roll cages and eco-skeletons but, no, Ive never seen one run across the dash.
I did own this JK a few years ago and it did not seem to need any cross bar bracing, and from all the Jeep owning friends I have, nobody else has seen this dash bolt on piece either. Maybe its more common where you live.

IMG_6186.jpeg

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I tend to stay away, on bolt on junk, for Jeeps I don't own.

Ive SEEN lots of roll cages and eco-skeletons but, no, Ive never seen one run across the dash.
I did own this JK a few years ago and it did not seem to need any cross bar bracing, and from all the Jeep owning friends I have, nobody else has seen this dash bolt on piece either. Maybe its more common where you live.

Jeep Gladiator WHY???? IMG_6186
Very odd as I have seen them here on the east coast, as well as in Moab. Obviously it is a minority that have them. I can't seem to think of one area that had "more" than others. It was kind of random.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I like the Exoskeleton type for hard core off road beater and it probably works well for rhino chasing on the Serengeti but it looks so lame on the mall crawler. These days, every one needs a Challenge Coin, eh?

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I've heard in the past, it's a cross brace for the door area roll cage post. Supposedly really firms up the cage.

I guess it good if you do severe wheeling, but otherwise it takes up lots of windshield space.

I was told by a well respected 4x4 fab welder many years ago, that if you need that kind of protection, your either a professional racer or just nuts and he'd never wheel with me.

He also said no cage will help if you roll 3000 feet down a mountain side, then he corrected that statement. Said it will keep you firmly smashed inside the jeeps body and allow rescue to try their fancy new extraction toys to remove your body 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’ve never felt the need for one of these, but they’ve been around for a good while. There sure seems to be a lot of hate for this thing all of a sudden. Weird... Maybe the JT is bringing in a lot of new owners who aren't familiar with these? People certainly spend a lot of money on things which are much less useful.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1030.htm
Sponsored

Last edited: