Willy’s stock wheels / tires

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I’m looking for an opinion on the stock wheels and BF Goodrich AT That come with the willy’s edition. I have an opportunity to pick up a set with 800 miles on them with the tpms installed.

what is a good price?

do they ride nice on the highway? I currently have the Sport S with max tow stock set up

how do they compare in value/ aesthetics to the upgraded rubicon polished silver?

thanks
Sponsored

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Ive got a willys and love the look of the rims and tires. The tires do make a rumble at low speed and hum at highway.... but I like it.

so, not a smooth as the touring/sport or overland... but look great.

you don’t see the Willys take offs often,keep An eye out and would consider grabbing a set as spares... I’d think replacemt price would be close to 2000. From what I see near new Take offs for sports being 4-500... likely due to the number of them...rubicons often 1,200-1500 at the top end.

so, 1,200 and up or dow a few hundred is my best guess

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I replaced the stock All Seasons on my Sport S with the BFG Dueller A/T's, and I've been very happy with them. I didn't notice that they make any more noise than the A/S, but they have a LOT better traction on snow & wet.
The WIllys wheels are a black version of the Sport S wheels, which are a dime a dozen.
I wouldn't pay more than $600-range for them, but then I'm cheap.

Kevin

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
The WIllys wheels are a black version of the Sport S wheels, which are a dime a dozen.
Kevin
Sorry Kevin, you're incorrect about the Willys wheels. The top JT is a Sport S. The bottom is the Willys.
Jeep Gladiator Willy’s stock wheels / tires bf46deef7b4e4a28bcf729ba77d64db6

Jeep Gladiator Willy’s stock wheels / tires jeep-gladiator-willys-front

Sponsored

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I bought take offs of a 2020 Willys Wrangler. I love the look on my sport. I paid 1k for 5 wheels and tires.
Jeep Gladiator Willy’s stock wheels / tires B2755656-3A2E-463B-B3F3-463A5A3D6301
The guy took them off as soon as he bought the Jeep. They had the sensors in them and linked right up to my JT with no issues. Only issue now is trying to get rid of my sport wheels.They have a bit of a rumble at low speeds and you can definitely hear them on the highway but its nothing obnoxious.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Sorry Kevin, you're incorrect about the Willys wheels. The top JT is a Sport S. The bottom is the Willys.
Jeep Gladiator Willy’s stock wheels / tires B2755656-3A2E-463B-B3F3-463A5A3D6301

OK, I stand corrected.
I could've sworn that, when I was looking at the Build Your Jeep website yesterday, the Willys wheels were just a black version of the Sport S wheels. That'll teach me to try and see details on my phone!
Thanks!

Kevin

OP
OP

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
In the hierarchy of wheels I think I like these better than standard JT rubicon wheels but not sure if I like them as much as the rubicon polished silver wheels

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
In the hierarchy of wheels I think I like these better than standard JT rubicon wheels but not sure if I like them as much as the rubicon polished silver wheels
I like the Willys better than the polished Rubicon wheels, but prefer the Rubicon standard ones over all 3. That’s the thing about aesthetics. It’s entirely subjective. I do think most would agree the Willys wheels look great though and the whole color/black scheme really works for that trim.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
OK, I stand corrected.
I could've sworn that, when I was looking at the Build Your Jeep website yesterday, the Willys wheels were just a black version of the Sport S wheels. That'll teach me to try and see details on my phone!
Thanks!

Kevin
No worries. It's all good. Peace.
Sponsored