First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 J-3600 Gladiator. 2021 Willys Sport
Occupation
retired
Willys is a last name, and pronounced Willis. Like Smyth = Smith. If it was pronounced like Willie's it would have an apostrophe.
thanks . you beat me to it. have some respect folks!!
Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Doesn’t seem to be common knowledge even though it should be among people who sell and work on Jeeps for a living. I went to my dealership yesterday to visit mine. My dealer who ordered it was off and nobody seemed to know where it was. I walked the lot and couldn’t find it so asked two people if they’d point me in the direction of a sarge green Willys. One a salesman and the other worked in the service department where my truck was parked. And both times they replied “green willies?“ I just said, “yeah” not bothering to correct them.

Did get to see my new truck though. My mod list is modest, but I plan to do it all next week after I get my truck. Black everything out that’s silver, side steps, bed step, bed cover and leveling kit. And little stuff like eyeholes in the bed for bungees and the 30 boxes of random stuff I ordered while I waited.

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 06163113-2CB2-4EA0-8E23-81446AABCE61

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 64317F75-20C5-4338-9431-A687EAE95E5C

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Asked this in the suspension fourm but didn't get any responses. So let me throw it in here.

I'm pretty well versed in the spring numbers for Rubicons and Sports. But I decided to take a look at the springs on my Willys and the numbers are not like the others.

Front left
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 06573B8C-BDB3-4C70-BDB1-A5E0A3916F7D

Front right
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 7FB9F3A4-DE7C-44CF-859B-BB4D6D773F01

Neither of these fit the pattern on how most of the other springs are numbered. And what even more odd is the rear springs have no tag on them at all. I looked and felt every single coil just in case I was missing it.

I'm mulling over swapping out for Rubicon take-offs. But I really don't want to do anything until I figure out if they will even make a difference.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
This Willys-Overland promotional film from 1949 (MCIX) is phenomenal
I notice they say “willies” ... so I grew up in NW ohio and had been by the plant many times, always was called the “willies” plant, in news broadcasts too. So I’m not real sure about the “Willis” thing... I’ll bet it’s a regional dialect thing that some places it is said differently. For what it’s worth.

on the springs: I believe our “Willys” have wrangler rubicon springs and shocks. But just from reading. This places them between gladiator and gladiator rubicon. (As a theory)

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I notice they say “willies” ... so I grew up in NW ohio and had been by the plant many times, always was called the “willies” plant, in news broadcasts too. So I’m not real sure about the “Willis” thing... I’ll bet it’s a regional dialect thing that some places it is said differently. For what it’s worth.

on the springs: I believe our “Willys” have wrangler rubicon springs and shocks. But just from reading. This places them between gladiator and gladiator rubicon. (As a theory)
I read an article that said John Willys indeed pronounced his name "Willis" and intended the company to be the same way. He used to correct people but after he overheard his own workers on the production floor calling it "Willys", he gave up. It's been "Willys" ever since. đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

scourge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Police Officer
What kind of floor mats come on Willys editions? I can't remember

Sponsored

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
I got the all weather ones with the word jeep in black instead of red so I painted them :)

20210322_152212.jpg
Looks sweet! Think I'll do the same but green 😁 thanks for the idea

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Sorry for the delay, especially seeing how I rabidly ask for everyones pics.

Picked her up Tuesday. Was waiting to get a nice enough shot for the willys folks. Add +1 to the club. Can't wait to start working on it. Boxes have been piling up, lol

Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club 20210324_183442

scourge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Police Officer
So it comes with the rubber ones? Those are the ones I want.
Sponsored