WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club

Ponchomid

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
How intense of off-roading are you planning? A stock Sport is a very capable vehicle, but if you're serious about tackling the toughest terrains things like sway bar disco make a huge difference.
Thanks
Sponsored

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
Five weeks, 5000 miles and $5000 in aftermarket mods, and we're just getting started. It's Jeep thing.
IMG_0762.jpeg
IMG_0764.jpeg
Today I removed the stock plastic bumper, dug out the LED fog lights and wiring harness, then mounted EAG's heavy duty bumper with Billet 4x4 OD Green shackles and a Damon hawser fairlead (in OD Green, natch). I also mounted a Zeak 13,000 lb winch and am still deciding whether and where to relocate the solonoid. I bolted on a pair of Hella LED off-road lights to see how they look. I'm not sure I'll keep them. Then I connected Z Automotive's Tazer JL Lite and spent a while messing around with the settings (resetting the tire size, turning off the auto stop/start, turning off the Park sense, automatically turning on the rear view camera when the lane change signal is activated, etc.). Busy day!
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club IMG_0770

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Or 3-D stencil font letters?
Very modern idea if they are rounded off to look like it is stamped. In other words it would not look like you went to the store and bought simple plastic block cut letters.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Very modern idea if they are rounded off to look like it is stamped. In other words it would not look like you went to the store and bought simple plastic block cut letters.
True.
And, I just realized that the hood is radiused, so the letters would need to be curved in order to lay flat.

Sponsored

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Today I removed the stock plastic bumper, dug out the LED fog lights and wiring harness, then mounted EAG's heavy duty bumper with Billet 4x4 OD Green shackles and a Damon hawser fairlead (in OD Green, natch). I also mounted a Zeak 13,000 lb winch and am still deciding whether and where to relocate the solonoid. I bolted on a pair of Hella LED off-road lights to see how they look. I'm not sure I'll keep them. Then I connected Z Automotive's Tazer JL Lite and spent a while messing around with the settings (resetting the tire size, turning off the auto stop/start, turning off the Park sense, automatically turning on the rear view camera when the lane change signal is activated, etc.). Busy day!
Jeep Gladiator WILLYS Edition Gladiator JT Club IMG_0170.JPG
Really nice setup. Have you noticed any front end drop with the new setup?

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
Re front end drop: Not that I've noticed. I had the Mopar lift for the diesel (stiffer springs than in the gasser lift) installed less than a week before, then had the 35's mounted the day before I put on the bumper. I was still getting used to the 4" rise. So it's hard for me to judge whether putting 140 lbs of bumper and winch on the front end made it drop when resting. I didn't put a level on the fenders before I mounted the bumper, so I can't do a before and after. Visually I don't see any drop.

I have noticed that while driving the nose is clearly heavier. There's more inertia in the front end when turning while at speed on pavement. The extra weight doesn't materially change the handling and doesn't require any change in driving habits, but I can feel the difference. And between the lift, 35's and the heavier bumper, my computer says my overall MPG here in the Utah mountains has dropped from around 24.5 to around 23. I drive over a pass with a 2000' elevation change almost daily, and every time I'm glad I got the diesel.

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Re front end drop: Not that I've noticed. I had the Mopar lift for the diesel (stiffer springs than in the gasser lift) installed less than a week before, then had the 35's mounted the day before I put on the bumper. I was still getting used to the 4" rise. So it's hard for me to judge whether putting 140 lbs of bumper and winch on the front end made it drop when resting. I didn't put a level on the fenders before I mounted the bumper, so I can't do a before and after. Visually I don't see any drop.

I have noticed that while driving the nose is clearly heavier. There's more inertia in the front end when turning while at speed on pavement. The extra weight doesn't materially change the handling and doesn't require any change in driving habits, but I can feel the difference. And between the lift, 35's and the heavier bumper, my computer says my overall MPG here in the Utah mountains has dropped from around 24.5 to around 23. I drive over a pass with a 2000' elevation change almost daily, and every time I'm glad I got the diesel.
Thanks for the info. Nice rig.

Sponsored

Paul DR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited edition
Occupation
Counsellor
Hey All,

Good news! I ordered mine on Feb 5th, 2021! I received my VIN/VON today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I realize that this has been an extraordinary time delay, the Dealer did submit the order on the day I paid my deposit (confirmed on the order confirmation sheet). The last I spoke with the dealer (after receiving the editing phase?), he said it could be months. I am So freaking excited to just have a VIN, but no guarantee of how long from today it will be before I get my new baby.

Cheers,

Paul

Jeepguy002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Cell Culture and Purification Technician
Just put a deposit down and ordered a Sting Gray Willys today. Any idea how long people have typically had to wait for orders to arrive? 8-10 weeks?
Just told by my dealer that my Gladiator has already been built. No word on when it will arrive, but this seems extremely fast turnaround. Starting to get excited!!

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Hey All,

Good news! I ordered mine on Feb 5th, 2021! I received my VIN/VON today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I realize that this has been an extraordinary time delay, the Dealer did submit the order on the day I paid my deposit (confirmed on the order confirmation sheet). The last I spoke with the dealer (after receiving the editing phase?), he said it could be months. I am So freaking excited to just have a VIN, but no guarantee of how long from today it will be before I get my new baby.

Cheers,

Paul
Where did you order from? I ordered a week and change ago from Peel and still haven't rec. a vin/von :( Hoping I am not in the same boat.

Also, CONGRATS!
Sponsored